As the name suggests, Redbone Coonhounds are a medium-sized breed of dogs that fall under the category of hounds. They are particularly known for their beautiful red coat that is smooth and short and their dreamy eyes that can melt your insides. Redbone Coonhounds shed less than other dogs; hence does not need that much care when regular grooming is concerned.
Weekly brushing will suffice to ensure that they are well-groomed, and the natural oils in their skin are distributed all over their body for that shiny and healthy coat. Wondering which dog brush to buy for your Redbone Coonhounds? We will share the details of some of our best dog brushes for Redbone Coonhounds.
Best Dog Brushes for Redbone Coonhounds
Here are our dog brushes for Redbone Coonhounds reviews.
1. FURminator Firm Slicker Brush For Dogs
Grab the FURminator Slicker Brush For Dogs for your Redbone Coonhounds and enjoy an enjoyable grooming experience. This brush has a super comfortable grip and can remove extra hair, mats and tangles without damaging their coat. Rest assured, you can get a salon type result with this brush!
- Features two types of bristle, straight and angular.
- Designed to reach every part of the body.
- Made of antimicrobial material that prevents bacteria and germs.
2. Miracle Care Slicker Dog Brush
True to its name, this Miracle Care Slicker Dog Brush Care works pretty much like a miracle on your Redbone Coonhounds coat and gives it a perfectly groomed appearance. The brush removes loose hair, stubborn tangles and knots without causing any discomfort for your Redbone Coonhound. This brush is a must-have in any dog’s grooming kit.
- Soft and angled pin doesn’t harm the Redbone Coonhound’s skin.
- Ergonomically designed handle with a firm grip.
- Comes in two sizes.
3. Safari Wire Pin Brush for Dogs
The Safari Wire Pin Brush for Dogs is an excellent addition to your Redbone Coonhound’s grooming tools. The pins reach out to the dense coat and release all the natural oils that do wonders to your Redbone Coonhound’s coat and skin. This pin brush is ideal for dogs of all breeds and any coat.
- Fabricated with materials that ensure a gentle and durable brush.
- Easy riddance from tangles and knots.
- Pins are covered up with nubs to prevent damage to your Redbone Coonhound’s coat.
4. Andis Premium Large Pin Pet Brush
Andis Premium Large Pin Pet Brush is a brush that is not just easy to use but also gives you a salon-worthy finish. From removing tangles, knots and loose hair, this brush has soft nubs that will not break into your Redbone Coonhound’s skin at any point while brushing. Gift your Redbone Coonhounds this brush and never step inside a salon ever again!
- Designed to suit the user’s comfort level.
- Features nubs that stimulate the skin and hair follicles to promote a healthy and shiny coat.
- Best for dogs of all sizes.
5. Four Paws Magic Coat Slicker Brush for Dogs
Ensure that your Redbone Coonhounds look strapping always by brushing them with the Four Paws Magic Coat Slicker Brush for Dogs. It is designed to reach everywhere on your Redbone Coonhound’s body without breaking into their skin and causing any pain or discomfort. An excellent brush that boosts the healthy circulation and increases the luster on their coat.
- Ergonomically designed non-slip handle.
- Removes dirt, tangles and mats in no time.
- Can be cleaned easily.
Dog Brushes For Your Redbone Coonhounds Buyer’s Guide
Brushing Redbone Coonhound is an excellent way of bonding with your Redbone Coonhound as well as maintaining their beautiful reddish coat. A healthy coat determines the health of your Redbone Coonhound. You must pick the brush based on your Redbone Coonhound’s features and characteristics. Do your homework before setting out to buy a dog brush for your Redbone Coonhound.
Let us discuss the factors you need to consider before buying a dog brush for Redbone Coonhounds:
Type of coat
Your Redbone Coonhound’s coat determines the brush that is more suitable for it. An ideal brush must be able to remove all the loose hair, protect their skin and ensure the equal distribution of natural oils that promote healthy and glossy coats and fur.
Types of brushes
You will be surprised to see the array of brushes available in the market these days. Some of the most common types of brushes include:
Slicker brush: Most accessible of all brushes as it suits all kinds of dogs. This brush removes dirt, mats and tangles as well as loose hair that tends to mess up your homes. Ask your seller about the hardness and material so that you can figure out whether it is right for your Redbone Coonhound.
Rake brush: This brush has long spikes that are ideal for dogs with long and thick coats. It is ideal for removing all the loose hair, especially during the shedding season.
Pin brush: Pin brushes come in all shapes and are ideal for dogs of all types of coats. This brush is best for dogs like Redbone Coonhounds with short coats as well as other dog breeds. While selecting this brush, be careful that you pick the brush that suits the Redbone Coonhound’s hair type.
Deshedding Brush: This brush has sharp pins that can easily remove dead hair that will ensure that your home remains reasonably clean.
The whole point of doing the extra study is to pick the brush that removes all the tangles and knots, and loose hair in the most comfortable manner without damaging your Redbone Coonhound’s skin.
Your adult dog and pup will have different requirements as their coat and hair is different. If you have a puppy, you need to be gentler as their skin is more sensitive as compared to that of an adult dog.
The size of your brush also makes a huge difference, as a small brush is suitable for smaller to medium-sized breeds while the larger one has larger pins that suit larger breeds with thicker coats.
Get an expert opinion of your vet or groomer to understand which brush is ideal for your Redbone Coonhound so that we do not end up buying a brush that may or may not hurt their skin and coat.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Redbone Coonhounds
- Best Training Book for Redbone Coonhounds