Scottish Terriers are among the most friendly, lovable, and affectionate companions you will ever have in your life, and we know that those of you who have to pet them already are well aware. The Scottish Terriers have a double coat, with a long coarse outer coat and a soft, dense inner coat. Since the outer coat of these dogs is too long, it is better that you brush them weekly to avoid any tangles or matts.
We know that you must be wondering how you will choose the right dog brush for your Scottish Terrier, but you are unable to make up your mind, as all of this is too complicated for you. So, to assist you, reviewed some of the best dog brushes that will just be the right ones for your Scottish Terrier.
Best Dog Brushes for Scottish Terriers
Here our dog brushes for Scottish Terriers reviews.
Safari Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush has been aptly designed to pick up dead hair from the inner coat if your Scottish Terrier. It also efficiently removes any tangles or matts that are there on your pet pal’s coat. The brush overall gives a smooth and sleek look to your doggie.
- Features retractable pins that can be effortlessly cleaned of a button
- The pins are made of stainless steel so that the brush can be used for a longer-term
- Ergonomically designed handle to make grooming sessions seamless
If you were looking for a light-weighted brush that can efficiently remove loose hair, tangles and matts from your Scottish Terrier’s skin, FURminator Firm Slicker Brush could be viable. This brush has a unique dual flex head design that helps keep up with the natural contours of your Scottish Terrier’s body.
- Handle made using anti-microbial plastic
- Ergonomically designed
- Ideal for long coats
Andis Steel Pet Comb has been designed to help you give your Scottish Terrier a smooth and sleek look by removing every possible tangle, matt, or loose hair. This comb also helps remove dirt and stimulating hair follicles so that your Scottie has a bushy and healthy coat.
- Designed using durable steel
- Has a set of wide as well as narrow teeth
- Helps you have a professionally groomed look at home
To provide you with a seamless and effortless grooming experience, JW Pet has designed its Gripsoft Slicker brush, which remarkably picks up dead and loose hair from the inner and outer coat of your Scottish Terrier. The teeth of this brush are efficiently designed to avoid scratching your Scottish Terrier’s skin, having teeth that are bent 90° in this regard.
- Ergonomically designed soft rubber grip handles
- Features metal teeth
- Removes matts or tangles from your Scottish Terrier’s coat
Hartz Groomer’s Best Slicker Brush is a good option if you plan to buy a brush that will help you remove tangles, matts, and dead hair of your Scottish Terrier’s inner as well as outer coat. This brush picks up any potential loose hair to avoid your house or furniture getting messy. The bristles if this brush has a soft protective coating that ensures your dog’s skin does not get raked.
- Features ergonomic handle
- Contains extra-fine bristles to efficiently pick up loose hair
- Curbs excessive shedding
Dog Brush for Scottish Terrier Buyer’s Guide
Scottish Terriers require a normal grooming routine, irrespective of their coarse, long coat. A possible reason behind this can be the fact that the Scottish Terriers are not many heavy shedders. So, you can do well by just brushing them weekly too. This will help you keep the matts and tangles away. Dog coats greatly vary from one breed to another as there are a plethora of dog breeds that are present, so it becomes quite difficult for you to pick one.
In our reviews, we only discussed those dog Brushes that will go best with your Scottish Terrier coats. We looked out for and evaluated certain aspects that helped us in making our choices. We have shared those aspects in our buyer’s guide, too, so that you get a better idea and make the right decision.
Since the Scottish Terriers have a long, double coat, it is better that you buy a Slicker brush for them. A pin brush can also be used, but it is not an apt choice for your Scottish Terrier, as it does not penetrate much deeper to detangle the inner coat. A Slicker brush efficiently picks up dead and loose hair from your Scottish Terrier’s inner coat and outer coat. It also removes tangles and matts quite efficiently.
You should go for a dog brush that features an ergonomic design. It is better to have a brush that is lightweight and features a better grip. Moreover, the brush that you are buying should have pins with blunt tips that avoid any chances of raking. These qualities of a dog brush make it ideal for your Scottish Terrier.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Scottish Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Scottish Terriers
- Best Training Book for Scottish Terriers