Hailed from the heritage country of the United Kingdom, Shetland Sheepdogs or shelties have emerged as the most sought after house dogs in American pop culture. These hyperactive Shetland Sheepdogs were bred in the harsh weather conditions of Scotland and Norway. Maybe because of this, generations after, they still can withstand extreme cold and hottest summer seasons.
Intelligent and obedient Shetland Sheepdogs are double-coated animals. Their outer coat has long, smooth and straight hair, whereas the undercoat is relatively short and dense. These handsome Shetland Sheepdogs shed a lot, and that is why it is mandatory that you, as a dog owner, brush its coat on a weekly basis.
Best Dog Brushes for Shetland Sheepdogs
Here are our dog brushes for Shetland Sheepdogs reviews.
This ConairPRO Dog Pin Brush, Large gives your Shetland Sheepdog a professionally styled look. A long yellow handle attached to the brush makes sure your arm and elbows don’t get hurt during brushing. You can use this unique dog brush on your Shetland Sheepdog’s wet hair.
- It works wonders to detangle the fur knots.
- The stainless steel pins of the coat reach the deepest region of its undercoat.
- It also helps the Shetland Sheepdog bid goodbye to mats.
This high-rated Miracle Care Slicker Dog Brush defends its name by providing a miraculous performance on your Shetland Sheepdog’s skin and coat. This thoughtful brush removes all the loose and dead fur from the surface coat. The brush’s angled pins are nicely capped, and make sure it doesn’t injure your Sheepdog in the process of grooming.
- This deshedding brush doesn’t irritate its delicate skin at all.
- The cushioned handle of the brush conforms to your hand’s shape.
- The added soft pad of the brush provides a smooth and soft coat.
This KONG Dog ZoomGroom Multi-Use Brush is an excellent choice for those dog owners who like to brush their Shetland Sheepdog during shampooing. This extraordinary dog brush stimulates the natural oil production in its body and makes your Sheepdog shine like a new penny. This two in one brush also massages its entire body and helps it relax during grooming.
- This lets you brush your dog in a circular motion.
- It comes in four varieties of packs with multiple colors.
- It is specially designed for small-sized dogs.
This FURminator Firm Slicker Brush For Dogs allows you to groom your Shetland Sheepdog with its dual side pins. This professional grooming brush features both straight and bent bristles to make the brushing session more fun and convenient. Ideal for long-haired dogs like Shetland Sheepdogs, the brush eliminates all the surface mats.
- The brush is efficient enough to follow the contours of the dog’s body.
- The antimicrobial feature of the brush keeps the germs at bay.
- The ergonomic handle of the brush reduces the pressure applied to its body.
A routine grooming session with this Hartz Groomer’s Best Slicker Dog Brush helps dog caregivers manage their Shetland Sheepdogs’ dense coat. The pin caps of the brush match the vibrant purple color of the linings. This affordable dog brush helps you get rid of the unwanted fur balls from the nooks and crannies of your home.
- This gentle brush acts as a shedding control tool.
- It distributes the skin oil all through the body.
- It also helps your Shetland Sheepdog get a soft and healthy coat.
Dog Brushes For Shetland Sheepdogs Buyer’s Guide
Bred as a herding dog, Shetland Sheepdogs fall in the category of low maintenance dogs that require grooming and care sessions every once in a while. As shelties have a dense, smooth coat that spreads through multiple layers, they need regular brushing to look at their best. If you are a first-time caregiver, focus on below neck region and side portions of its head as you will get maximum loose hair and mats there. It is not at all a piece of cake to groom your sheltie; that is why it is important to choose the right brush to facilitate the process.
Here are a few suggestions which you can consider if you are looking for the most suitable dog brush for your Shetland Sheepdog.
Handle makes the brushing convenient for owners and caregivers. It prevents the chances of the brush slipping out of your hand and causing harm to your little Shetland Sheepdog. Most of the handles are nowadays made of a soft, thin layer of pads. These handles help owners get a firm grip. There is another important thing attached to the handle. The long handle puts less pressure on your dog’s body compared to the finger grip brushes. That is why it is suggested no matter which brand you buy from, always go for handles.
There are multiple types of dog brushes available on the internet. Slicker brush, pinned brush, push-button brush, comb, de-shedding brush, bristle brush, detangling brush, etc. have become household words for dog parents. Push-button brushes are commonly known as a self-cleaning brush. With just a press, this brush auto retracts all the fur from the tool and makes it convenient for caregivers to clean it after grooming sessions.
Most of the brush contains pins these days. These porcupine brushes boast of their angled pins, which reaches the deepest corner of its body. For the safety purpose of your dog, these pins come often capped or coated. Some dogs love the massaging qualities of these kinds of brush and remain patient for longer hours due to comfort.
If you are thinking of replacing its old brush with a new one, it is the right time to do so as many brands are offering huge discounts on their dog products. So what are you waiting for? Read these guidelines and avail of the discounts. We hope your Shetland Sheepdog will fall in love with your choice.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Puppy Food for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Crate for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Bed for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Toys for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Collar for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Harness for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Training Book for Shetland Sheepdogs