Best Dog Brushes for Whippets
Here are our reviews for the best dog brushes for whippets.
1. Burt’s Bees Brush for Puppies
Even though this Burt’s Bees brush is marketed for puppies, it’s a great brush for all dogs, and especially soft on your whippet, no matter their age. This brush is two-sided with a wire pin on one side and soft hemp bristles on the other. You may find that you mostly use the soft bristle side to rid your dog of dead hairs and keep their coat shiny, as they tend to have less matting of fur.
- Earth-friendly brush made of bamboo and recycled materials
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Durable and high quality
2. HandsOn Pet Grooming Gloves
HandsOn’s pet grooming gloves are unique in that they are a pair of gloves, instead of a regularly held brush. These gloves gently remove hair and debris with their non-abrasive, flexible rubber nodules. They are great for daily brushing, as well as using while giving your whippet a bath.
- Machine washable
- Great for any size pet
- Provides full use of hands while wearing
3. Bodhi Dog New Grooming Pet Shampoo Brush
Bodhi Dog’s grooming brush is great to use wet or dry with its soothing rubber bristles. Again, due to your whippets’ coat, they don’t need heavy duty brushes, so the softer ones are great, and they’ll feel like they are getting a massage with this one. Designed to be durable while also feeling soft and leaving your dog with a shiny coat.
- 100% money back guarantee
- Made in U.S.A.
- Easy to clean
4. Furminator Undercoat Deshedding Tool
The Furminator is specifically made for dogs with short hair, like your whippet. It will remove loose hairs while not causing damage to your dogs’ skin. It has a fur ejector button that will let you easily remove the hair and throw it away, no more trying to detangle a brush.
- Money back guarantee
- Ergonomic handle
- Curved edge to follow dogs’ natural shap
5. Pecute Dog Brush Double Sided Pin & Bristle Pet Brush
The Pecute dog brush is another dual-sided brush that has wire pins on one side and softer bristles on the other. Your whippet will benefit mostly from the soft bristle side. The brush contours to your dogs’ body, minimizing skin irritation by reducing unnecessary pressure.
- Money back guarantee
- Flexible, non-slip handle
- Best used with long strokes
Whippet Dog Brush Buyer’s Guide
Our buying guide reviews the best dog brushes for your whippet.
Brushes are made of two sections, the bristles, and the handle. Often the handles are made of a comfortable, anti-slip material such as silicone. We looked at several different bristle types, hemp, nylon, rubber, and wire. Materials used in the design of brushes are easy to clean, making them last a long type.
There are several different types of brushes on the market for dogs. As whippets don’t have a lot of grooming demands, we concentrated on everyday brushes that would be easy on their skin, as well as would remove dirt and debris, while leaving their coats looking shiny. Combination sets are not necessary for whippets as most of the brushes wouldn’t get used.
When it comes to brushes, especially with a whippet, different sizes are not needed. Sizing might only be a problem if you had a very small dog, like a teacup chihuahua, and the regular brushes were just too big. All the brushes we looked at here are perfectly sized for most dogs.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Whippets
- Best Puppy Food for Whippets
- Best Dog Crate for Whippets
- Best Dog Bed for Whippets
- Best Dog Toys for Whippets
- Best Dog Collar for Whippets
- Best Dog Harness for Whippets
- Best Dog Muzzle for Whippets
- Best Dog Shampoo for Whippets