Are you looking for the best dog brushes for Chow Chows that can tame their wild and thick coat? Are you indecisive on which one on the market you want, not wanting to buy one that isn’t up to the task? No worries, there are many different brushes on the market that are up to the task of your Chow Chow’s thick coat.
Below are the top five recommended dog brushes for Chow Chows on the market, with short item descriptions to explain why that product made this list. At the end of the article is a buying guide for extra information about the various dog brushes and their features that you may want for your Chow Chow.
Best Dog Brushes for Chow Chows
Here are our Chow Chow dog brush reviews.
The Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Dog Brush is made with the best materials to ensure a quality and long-lasting brush for your Chow Chow. The self-cleaning feature holds the excess hair from grooming, and when you’re done, you can easily remove it from the brush. The bristles reach deep into your Chow Chow’s fur to remove matts gently.
- High-quality materials are used for durable brush
- The self-cleaning feature makes cleaning easy for you
- Removes matts and snarls painlessly
The Pat Your Pet Grooming Tool is made to be double-sided for heavy-duty brushing and lighter casual brushing with your Chow Chow’s coat. The bristles are rounded to ensure safe grooming for your Chow Chow. The comb gently removes matts and tangles without hurting your Chow Chow.
- Dual-sided design for heavy or light-duty grooming
- Rounded tips make for a safer, scratch-free grooming
- Removes matts and knots without pain
The GoPets Self Cleaning Dog Brush is made for your cleaning convenience. Once you’re done grooming your Chow Chow, just press the button and remove the hair. When used for regular grooming, this brush reduces shedding in your Chow Chow. The grip is a comfortable silicone for a no-chafing brush.
- Easy self cleaning brush is great for dogs with long fur
- Reduces shedding when used regularly
- Comfort grip makes grooming easier on you
The SoLID Self Cleaning Dog Brush is made for your cleaning convenience, just hit the button, and your Chow Chow’s excess fur comes off the brush. The nonslip handle reduces the risk of accidentally injuring your Chow Chow. The bristles reach deep into the undercoat and remove the loose fur.
- Self-cleaning feature makes clean-up easy
- Nonslip handle stops you from yanking on your furry friend’s fur
- Reaches deeply into the undercoat and removes fur and grime
The Ruff n Ruffus Self Cleaning Dog Brush is made with quality materials to ensure a long-lasting brush for your Chow Chow. The comb is sturdy stainless steel that reaches into the undercoat to remove loose fur. With the self-cleaning feature, cleaning your Chow Chow’s excess fur is easy.
- High-quality materials are used for a durable brush
- Steel comb on brush reaches deep to remove irritants from the coat
- Self-cleaning makes removing excess hair easy
Chow Chow Dog Brush Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different variations of dog brushes that can hold up to your Chow Chow’s fur, and every one of them has a list of features that benefit your Chow Chow. Before you buy a brush, always keep in mind to only use a minimal amount of pressure while grooming your furry friend. Even the most gentle brush can hurt your Chow Chow if you put too much strength behind your hand while brushing. Now we will go into detail on the most popular features of dog brushes for your Chow Chow.
This is one of the single best features you can get for your Chow Chow’s dog brush. While your dog won’t care about it, you will. The retracting bristles allow an easy cleaning experience, which is always nice for longer-furred breeds such as the Chow Chow. Once you’re done brushing, or the brush is full of hair, just hit the button and remove the hair. Then you’re ready to go for next time.
Comfort grips are nice for dogs such as the Chow Chow, who have thick and long fur coats that take hours sometimes to brush out properly. Having a comfortable grip makes all the difference between a painful and chafed hand or a non-rubbed raw one. This is also a nice feature if you are a groomer, as it makes the hours of brushing dogs easier for you.
Anti Slip Grip
Having an anti-slip grip is nice for Chow Chows and other breeds with long fur because it is common for the brushes to get caught in their fur. Having the anti-slip grip allows you to gently detangle their fur from the brush without your hand sliding and painfully yanking the fur.
Grooming Glove Design
The Grooming Glove Design is perfect for owners of Chow Chows and other breeds that tend to shed a lot. The glove catches the excess fur in its palm as you pet your Chow Chow. This gives you a bonding experience that your Chow Chow will love, and it makes cleaning easier by holding the hair until you’re done.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Chow Chows
- Best Puppy Food for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Crate for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Bed for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Toys for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Collar for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Harness for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Shampoo for Chow Chows