Here are five collars that we recommend:
Best Dog Collars for Afghan Hounds
Here are our Afghan Hound dog collar reviews.
This Daihaqiko Leather Dog Collar comes with reinforced metal and is made of 100% genuine leather, making it safe and suitable for all Afghan Hounds.
- Made to withstand 350 pounds of pressure!
- One-year guarantee with a replacement or full return upon dissatisfaction!
- Double D-ring for ease of walking and training.
The Authen Barking Control Training Collar is for our more talkative Afghan Hounds that may need to learn how to use their inside voices. No worries, though, this collar comes adjustable for sensitivity!
- Built with vibrations and no-harm shocking options.
- Collar is waterproof and rechargeable!
- Auto-sensing bark control delivers programmable shocks and vibrations!
This collar comes with a special reinforcement handle and a heavy-duty metal buckle to keep your Afghan Hound extra safe. The Yunlep Adjustable Tactical Dog Collar is heavy duty and comfortable, with the extra-soft inner lining.
- Made to transition from every walk of life with ease.
- Velcro area to attach ID patch for your Afghan Hound.
- Durable metal hook ensures ultimate control and safety.
This Beirut Personalized Dog Collar melds fashion and function together for your Afghan Hound. Make safety a fashion statement with your Afghan Hound’s very own nameplate!
- Three sizes and six color and pattern selections!
- Laser-engraved names and numbers are durable and lasting.
- Adjustable metal buckle and D-ring to ensure comfort and control.
This LED Dog Collar is handy for every dog owner at nighttime. The USB rechargeable glow will keep your dog visible and safe everywhere you go.
- Provides visibility to people and vehicles at night.
- Three light options for maximum safety in your area.
- Compatible with LED leashes for the safety of your Afghan and you!
Afghan Hound Collar Buyer’s Guide
If you’re struggling with the choice of which collar to buy for your Afghan Hound, these short tips will help you. In order to pick the right collar, you first have to know what you’re looking for. Taking all of the below factors into consideration is a good first step.
There are many options past the traditional dog collar that you can take into consideration when buying for your Afghan Hound. Some collars can give you additional peace of mind when it comes to the safety of your dog. Especially for training, there are collars that include specially enforced handles to help guide your dog. These can also be helpful for quickly restraining your Afghan Hound in case they get too excited or curious.
There are many kinds of materials that collars are made out of. Many are made out of heavy-duty nylon, but they can also be made out of leather or certain kinds of plastic. With the Afghan Hound, it is very important to keep their size and demeanor in mind. When shopping for a collar, you should consider the fact that they are big dogs with quite a lot of curiosity and energy, so a heavier duty collar is safer. Reinforced collars are also great for added peace of mind when your Afghan Hound might be leashed outside to enjoy the fresh air.
It’s possible that your lifestyle can affect the kind of collar that you get for your Afghan Hound. If you spend a lot of time outside with your Afghan off-leash, you might consider training them to respond to an electric collar. Many of those collars are now specially designed to be sensitive and gentle to the dog while also initiating the proper response. Another option could be to get your dog an LED collar. This way, you can see where your Afghan Hound has gotten off to even in the dark.
Some collars are built specifically for training, while some are built for outdoor dogs, and others are built to be glow-in-the-dark. Before you buy a collar, think about which one would be best for helping your Afghan Hound acclimate to your lifestyle. If you like to go camping or swimming often, you might consider a water-resistant collar. You could also consider a customizable band so that your information is attached, just in case your Afghan Hound’s curiosity lets them wander a little too far.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Puppy Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Crate for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Bed for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Brush for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Toys for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Harness for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Afghan Hounds
- Best Training Book for Afghan Hounds