When looking for the right collar for an Australian Cattle Dog, ensure that the collar and accessories are tough enough to not break at a lunge, and durable enough to withstand the dog’s active lifestyle.
Best Dog Collars for Australian Cattle Dogs
Here are our Australian Cattle Dog collar reviews.
Diezal pet products are built to last your dog’s entire life. The rugged and heavy-duty nylon is strong enough to control your Great Dane on a walk. And the extra material leaves room for more patches.
- Diezel collars contains a strong steel load tactile buckle.
- This collar has a quick, two release buckles.
- Built especially for larger dogs, including dogs that work as therapy dogs or military or police dogs.
County Brook collars are made with durable double stitching. Strong grade nylon webbing won’t fray or break easily. The Aluminum and stainless-steel buckle ensures a strong lock.
- County Brook is built in the U.S.A. with aluminum and stainless-steel hardware for superior strength.
- Colorfast dye means this collar won’t fade or run when wet.
- Country Brook collars can be personalized in twenty-five different colors.
The ROGZ Utility Lumberjack Obedience dog collar combines a limited choke chain with high grade nylon webbing. Woven reflective threads are stitched into the webbing (not painted or screen printed on) to ensure extreme durability over the life of your Australian Cattle Dog. Also, matching leashes and harnesses are available.
- The nylon/chain hybrid design is kinder and gentler than standard obedience collars but has the same functionality
- The obedience feature means there is no buckle, so there is no risk of a buckle breaking
- The collar is reversible–turn it inside out and the reflective bands are invisible for “stealth” mode at night
The Yunlep Tactical dog collar is made of high quality 1000D nylon and has a heavy-duty metal buckle for more security for your lovely dog. It is lightweight and very comfortable for your dog’s daily life.
- A heavy-duty nylon handle is sewn into the collar for positive control when walking or training the dog
- The collar fastens with a heavy-duty metal buckle and D-Ring for durability and security
- There is a Velcro strip on the collar to attach a tape or patch with the dog’s name.
The Miles Tactical Cobra collar combines the strongest buckle, the best military webbing and steel hardware. The Cobra collar has a strong steel hardware and an integrated control handle. This collar is certain to secure your energetic dog and keep them safe!
- This features the safest and strongest load bearing buckle that will withstand over 4,000 lbs of Force.
- The control handle is sewn into heavy duty brown webbing.
- This collar also features a bonus one-year return warranty.
Australian Cattle Dog Collar Buyer’s Guide
A good collar is an essential for any dog, and Australian Cattle Dogs are no exception. With the right collar, a pet owner can make sure that their dog can be walked, trained, and marked in case it gets lost. Here’s what to look for in collars for Australian Cattle Dogs.
Australian Cattle Dogs are usually very strong, as they have the endurance and athleticism of shepherd dogs. They also were bred to herd cattle by biting, meaning they may lung after a running person or animal out of their herding instinct and have to be restrained, for which it’s best to have a good collar. Look for collars made of nylon or leather, which are typically very strong materials. Also look for wider collars, as thin leather or nylon collars may snap after too much strain.
The plastic tabs on many collars are easy to work so you can take the collar on and off, but they may not stand the strain of a lunge by a 50 pound Australian Cattle Dog. come with plastic locking tabs, which have the benefit of not jingling and being easy to snap on and off. The buckles for these dogs should be rated for at least 100 pounds of force. Consider alternatives to plastic, too, like metal belt-style buckles.
Australian Cattle Dogs are very intelligent and respond well to training and discipline. Many collars make this easy by providing a handle on the collar for you to use when directing your dog, eliminating the need for you to dig your fingers under the collar and potentially hurt the dog. Some training handles even retract in the collar so there’s no risk of them snagging during the dog’s activity.
Ability to personalize.
Australian Cattle Dogs are distinctive and well-respected in the dog world, and many owners want to display their pride in their dog by personalizing the collar with the dog’s name or a tag. Look for a collar that has velcro on the collar so you can stick a patch directly to the collar itself; that option eliminates the jingling common to metal tags.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Australian Cattle Dog Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Cattle Dogs