Best Dog Collars for Australian Shepherds
Here are our Australian Shepherd dog collar reviews.
The Pet Artist dog collar with handle is made of soft touching genuine leather which is comfortable for a Great Dane’s neck and the owner’s hand. The handle on the collar is specially designed for confident and quick control during dog walking and training. And, the quality craftsmanship is made in the USA.
- The zinc alloy buckle on the collar is anti-rust and durable for daily use.
- Each side of the handle with 2 rivets trimmed with thick waxed thread to ensure it’s durable enough for heavy duty use.
- Two different neck sizes available for a custom fit.
Soft touch luxury collars are made to last. Every collar is handmade and hand-stitched with precise attention to every detail. And, the hide is naturally tanned up to 40 days using ingredients derived from raw materials from nature which gives the leather a warm natural brown color.
- The D-ring is located on top of the collar for an easy leash attachment.
- Solid durable brass hardware that is lacquered and will not rust.
- The soft sheepskin leather padding is smooth to the touch to prevent the fur from catching.
The Tuff Pupper Heavy Duty Collar is made equally for positive control and style. It comes in six colors, is made of strong ballistic nylon, and comes with a 100% stainless hardware–including a belt style buckle that secures to metal eyelets for total security.
- Innovative bungee handle on collar snaps back to avoid snagging when not in use
- Soft neoprene and mesh padding along the inner collar offer maximum breathability for vigorous activity on warm days
- The dual reflective stitched trim helps you keep an eye on your Rottweiler, even in low-light.
Blueberry collars have undergone more than 600 laboratory tests for effectiveness. The collars come in many different colors and sizes and can be engraved for a custom look. Blueberry also makes a matching leash!
- The material is nylon fabric with high density webbing to add durability.
- The buckles are made from eco-friendly plastic.
- With over 30 different colors and multiple sizes, there’s a collar to fit your dog–even a growing pup!
The excellent elite spanker tactical dog collar features strong buckles and an extra handle for control. This collar is easy to clean and totally machine washable. This collar is suitable for military and tactile pets.
- This heavy-duty dog collar is made of high quality and durable 1000D nylon material with neat stitching and soft padded lining to your own Australian Shepherd.
- This collar features a control handle can grab your dog from the collar, makes it very easy when putting your dog in walking him to your lead.
- The magic sticker and quick release metal buckle double closure hook up inside and make it easy to take on and off.
Australian Shepherd Dog Collar Buyer’s Guide
As with any dog, a good collar is essential for Australian Shepherds. The correct collar will allow an owner to walk, train, and tag their dog in case it gets lost. Here’s what to look for in collars for Australian Shepherds.
Material resists ripping.
Australian Shepherds are strong, and they have the muscular athleticism of shepherd dogs. Their instinct is to lunge after a running person or animal and they may have to be restrained, which requires a solid collar. Look for collars made strong materials like leather or of woven nylon (not nylon mesh). Wider collars are better, as thin leather or nylon collars may snap after too much strain.
Solid Buckle and leash attachment.
Avoid plastic tabs on many collars, which are easy to snap and unsnap, but which may break and release the collar at a powerful lunge by your Australian Shepherd. Buckles for these dogs require at least 100 pounds of rated force. Consider alternatives to plastic, too, like metal belt-style buckles.
A handle for training/controlling the dog.
Australian Shepherds are smart and will react positively to training. Many collars have a handle to use when directing your dog, which makes training easier on both dog and owner. Best of all, you won’t need to dig your fingers under the collar and potentially hurt the dog. Some training handles even retract in the collar so they won’t snag when the dog is running around.
Ability to personalize.
Well-recognized herders, Australian Shepherds are loved by dog owners, many of whom show their pride by marking the collar with the dog’s name. Many collars have velcro options so you can affix a name tape or patch directly on the collar, which has the additional advantage of reducing the jingling that goes with a metal tag.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Australian Shepherd Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Shepherds
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Shepherds