Whether to keep up with the Bloodhounds temperament, stay on in case of escape, or keep up in tracking or hunting, your Bloodhound’s collar must be durable enough to go the distance. Wondering what collar is ideal for a Bloodhound? These are our favorite.
Best Dog Collars for Bloodhounds
Here are our Bloodhound dog collar reviews.
The CollarDirect Safety collar is made of soft nylon and comes in eight colors, making a perfect color and fit for your Bloodhound possible. The company also sells matching leashes! This reflective dog collar is made out of strong, flexible, and soft nylon webbing. The vivid colors do not fade over time and are both washable and durable.
- Side release buckle is made out of quality eco-friendly plastic with safety lock
- Carbon plated D-ring allows to attach dog leash easily
- The collar is easy to wash and clean and is perfect for daily use.
The Miles Tactical Cobra collar combines the strongest buckle, the best military webbing and steel hardware. The Cobra collar has a strong steel hardware and an integrated control handle. This collar is certain to secure your Bloodhound, even if he or she wants to take off on a scent trail.
- This features the safest and strongest load bearing buckle that will withstand over 4,000 lbs of Force.
- The control handle is sewn into heavy duty brown webbing.
- This collar also features a bonus one-year return warranty.
Black Rhino is a premium collar designed to be both comfortable and durable. This lightweight collar is lined with soft neoprene padding to protect your Bloodhound’s’s neck from irritation. And, with five different designs and multiple sizes, you can customize the fit and color for your Bloodhound’s!
- Black Rhino is weather proof and withstands all outdoor conditions.
- Reflective materials help your Bloodhound be spotted even in low light.
- Durable hardware guarantees safety and security.
Diezal pet products are built to last your dog’s entire life. The rugged and heavy duty nylon is strong enough to control your Bloodhound on a walk. And the extra material leaves room for more patches.
- Diezel collars contain a strong steel load tactile buckle.
- This collar has a quick, two release buckle.
- Built especially for larger dogs, including dogs that work as therapy dogs or military or police dogs.
The Tuff Pupper Heavy Duty Collar is made equally for positive control and style. It comes in six colors, is made of strong ballistic nylon, and comes with a 100% stainless hardware–including a belt style buckle that secures to metal eyelets for total security.
- Innovative bungee handle on collar snaps back to avoid snagging when not in use
- Soft neoprene and mesh padding along the inner collar offers maximum breathability for vigorous activity on warm days
Bloodhound Dog Collar Buying Guide
Your Bloodhound’s collar is his essential accessory. This collar will likely be worn 24/7 and contains your pet’s most important information, like his ID tags or medical tags. Because of the Bloodhound’s unique body make up, it’s also important that the collar be comfortable for everyday wear and does not cause any skin reactions. If you are in the market for a collar for your Bloodhound, we think there are certain things you should consider.
High-quality, durable materials
Your Bloodhound’s collar should be made of high-quality, durable materials, like nylon or leather. These materials will resist wear and tear. If you are interested in purchasing a leather collar for your Bloodhound, consider a padded collar, like the Tuff Pupper.
The ideal collar will be reflective or have reflective stitching. This is especially important because Bloodhounds can escape s if not properly contained. In addition, your Bloodhound will love to track, and they will then be easier to spot in lower ambient light. Reflective stitching or reflective materials will keep your pet safe. Even more, if you are walking your pet in low light, a reflective collar and a reflective harness will make you visible to other pedestrians and especially automobiles.
Reinforced stitching at the D-ring
The D or O ring on your Bloodhound’s collar will hold his most important information, like his ID and medical tags. It is imperative that the collar you purchase has reinforced stitching along that D-ring to keep your Bloodhound’s information secure. Because Bloodhounds love to be outside and tracking through the woods, a collar that can withstand the pulls of twigs and forest materials is key.
Your Bloodhound will likely wear his collar every single day, which is why it is crucial that the collar has a comfortable fit. Too tight and it could cause injury to his neck. If it is too loose, it can rub against you Bloodhound’s delicate skin and cause rashes or rub off fur and cause an infection.
Reinforced stitching won’t make a difference, if your Bloodhound’s collar does not have strong buckles. Look for buckles made of metal. We love the Diezel collar with its steel tactile buckles.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Bloodhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bloodhounds