Below are the top five recommended dog collars for Border Collies, with short item descriptions to explain why you would want those collars for your Border Collie. At the end of the article is a buying guide filled with extra information that you may find useful while looking for your Border Collie’s new collar.
Best Dog Collars for Border Collies
Here are our Border Collie dog collar reviews.
The GoTags Personalized Dog Collar is made with clear cut lettering to make reading the inscription easy, for a better chance of your Border Collie being returned to you in the case of them getting lost. With five colors and four sizes, this collar comes in a wide variety of options for you to choose from. The collar is made with a strong nylon for your Border Collie’s comfort while wearing it.
- Easy to read lettering is big and clear cut
- Wide variety of sizing and style options to choose from
- Strong nylon gives the collar durability and comfort to your Border Collie
The Blazin Safety LED Dog Collar is made to be USB rechargeable to save you money on batteries. The collar is water resistant and durable enough to last years of use with your Border Collie. The four sizes and ten colors give you many choices on how you want your Border Collie’s collar to look.
- USB rechargeable saves you money and is environmentally friendly
- Water resistant and tough to last years
- Wide variety of options for sizing and style
The Mile High Life Reflective Dog Collar makes walking safer for both you and your Border Collie, especially at night when the cars can’t see you as well. With four sizes and seven colors this collar comes in a variety of styles for you to choose from. The durable nylon material is comfortable but made to last with your Border Collie’s active lifestyle.
- Reflective material makes you easier to see at night
- Wide variety of options for you to choose from for style
- Collar is tough enough to survive daily use
The Didog Personalized Metal Plate Dog Collar is made with only the best materials to ensure a durable and long lasting collar for your Border Collie. With seven colors and five sizes, you have a variety of choices for your Border Collie’s collar. The lettering is engraved deeply into the metal plate of the collar for an easy to read inscription.
- All high quality materials are used in the collar
- Wide variety of style choices for you to choose from
- Easy to read lettering is dug deep into the metal plate on the collar
The DAIHAQIKO Leather Dog Collar is made from genuine leather to ensure a durable and comfortable collar for your Border Collie. All the hardware is durable metal to ensure a long lasting collar for your Border Collie. The average time before a replacement is needed is three to five years, saving you money on constantly replacing the collar.
- Leather is real for a durable but soft collar
- Metal is heavy duty and made to last
- Collar is durable and lasts on average over three years
Border Collie Dog Collar Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are multiple different types of collars and thousands of ones with nothing but style to them. Whatever you need in your Border Collie’s collar, there is one on the market to match your needs. When buying a collar you should always measure your dog and compare it to the brand’s sizing guide to be sure of a well fitting collar for your Border Collie. Below we will discuss the most popular types of collar and why each one is a good buy for your Border Collie.
When owners hear the word training collar they immediately think of awful visuals such as shock collars that hurt their furry baby. I’m here to assure you that while there are shock collars on the market that DO NOT hurt your Border Collie, there are also other options for training collars such as vibrations, sound or even scent. If you don’t like one of the options, you can try another one.
Having an LED collar for your Border Collie can be nice for when they seem to blend into the shadows when you let them out to use the restroom at night. Another reason they are nice, besides the obvious cool look of them, is night walks become a lot more fun!
Personalized collars can have anything from your address, phone number, your Border Collie’s name, or a special saying on them. What you choose to put on it is up to you. Whether you want this type of collar for style or safety if they ever get lost away from home, it is a great asset to have.
Most dog collars are made with nylon webbing due to its durable but soft to the touch qualities. The material is tough enough to last with your Border Collie’s daily tasks and it is made to avoid painful rubbing or chafing. It is rare to see a good quality collar that isn’t made of nylon.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Border Collies
- Best Dog Crate for Border Collies
- Best Dog Bed for Border Collies
- Best Dog Brush for Border Collies
- Best Dog Toys for Border Collies
- Best Dog Harness for Border Collies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Border Collies
- Best Dog Shampoo for Border Collies
- Best Puppy Food for Border Collies