Do you own a Bulldog that chews through their collar, or just slips out of them all the time? Whether your pup is a furry Houdini or an aggressive chewer, there are collars for them. When you buy a collar for your Bulldog you should always be sure to measure them and compare it to the brand’s sizing guide before you buy the collar to reduce the risk of buying a collar that won’t fit correctly.
Below are the top five recommended dog collars for Bulldogs, each one has a short item description to explain why you should buy that product. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various types of collars and why you would want each of the types available.
Best Dog Collars for Bulldogs
Here are our Bulldog dog collar reviews.
The GoTags Personalized Dog Collar is made with clear cut lettering that is easily seen and read, increasing the chance of your Bulldog being brought back to you in the case of them getting lost. With the choice of four sizes and five colors you have a wide variety of style choices. The collar is made with high quality nylon webbing for a durable collar.
- Lettering is easy to read and clear cut
- Wide variety of colors and sizes for you to choose from
- High quality nylon webbing makes the collar durable
The Illumiseen LED Dog Collar is made to be recharged via USB slot, making it easier on you and cheaper on your wallet. With six colors and sizes to choose from, this collar comes in a wide variety of options for you. The collar is adjustable, making it great for your Bulldog and giving them an almost custom fit.
- Rechargeable via USB slot, saves you a lot on batteries
- Wide variety of colors and sizes to choose from
- Adjustable feature gives your collar an almost custom fit
The Tuff Pupper Heavy Duty Dog Collar is padded on the inside for your Bulldog’s comfort and to reduce the risk of chafing or rubbing. With the built in elastic handle, this dog collar is great for training needs. The heavy duty nylon material makes the collar durable for even the toughest dogs.
- Inside padding offers comfort and avoids rubbing
- Built in elastic handle is great for training
- Nylon material makes for a durable collar for your Bulldog
The Daihaqiko Genuine Leather Dog Collar is made with all high quality materials from the real leather to the steel hardware for a collar made to last years of your Bulldog using it. The adjustable collar offers a bit of room to fit the collar to your Bulldog’s throat. With four colors and sizes to choose from, this collar has many options for you to choose from.
- High quality materials are used throughout the collar
- Adjustable feature gives an almost custom fit
- Wide variety of sizes and colors to choose from
The Black Rhino Comfort Dog Collar is made with soft neoprene for a comfortable collar for your Bulldog. The material has reflective stitching interwoven and is completely weather resistant for your convenience. The adjustable feature allows you to fit the collar to your Bulldog’s specific size.
- Soft neoprene material inside the collar to avoid rubbing or chafing
- Interwoven reflective stitching and weather proof for your convenience
- Adjustable to give you as close to custom fit as possible
Bulldog Dog Collar Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products there are many different types of collars for you to choose from for your Bulldog. When measuring your Bulldog you should keep in mind you should be able to slip a finger if not two between the collar and your dog’s skin to ensure the best fit that doesn’t choke or rub them while still being tight enough to do the job.
Having an adjustable collar on your Bulldog can be a blessing, especially if they have a slightly smaller or bigger throat than the average Bulldog. This reduces or completely negates the risk of the collar being too tight or too loose as you can adjust it to your Bulldog’s needs.
Whether your Bulldog’s collar is entirely made out of reflective material or it is as small as the stitching on the collar, your night walks are considerably safer with this feature. Reflective material is made to catch the car beams of lights and bounce them back to the drivers, announcing your presence and making night walks safer for both you and your Bulldog.
Having an LED collar is nice for the same reason reflective is, the LED glows brightly at night and allows cars or people on bikes to see you. This feature is also nice for finding your dog when you let them out to use the restroom at night. My dog blends into the shadows, making me nervous when I can’t see her for more than a minute at a time. This collar negates that and it looks cool! Most LED collars are made to be recharged with a USB cable connector but some use batteries. I advise buying one with a USB rechargeable feature for the money saving ability.
If your Bulldog is a heavy or aggressive chewer then getting a collar with nylon webbing is always a good idea. Nylon is one of the sturdiest materials while still being comfortable on your Bulldog’s skin, which is why it is so commonly used in dog collars and harnesses. Obviously don’t let your dog sit and chew on it, but the collar can survive the few minutes it takes you to notice your Bulldog is chewing on it and stop them.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Crate for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Bed for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Brush for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Toys for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Harness for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bulldogs