Best Dog Collar for Finnish Lapphunds
Here are our dog collar for Finnish Lapphunds reviews.
1. Lucky Love Dog Collar
The Lucky Love Dog Collar brand offers fun, stylish designs you and your unique Lappie will both love. These bright and colorful collars are soft and comfortable for everyday wear, with matching leashes available to complete the look.
- Heavy duty D-ring for leash and tag
- Collars are machine washable
- Available in vivid patterns such as blackbird, hippie and floral
2. Soft Touch Collars Real Leather Dog Collar
The Soft Touch Collars Real Leather Dog Collar is a naturally tanned genuine leather collar that offers your Lappie a touch luxury with its sheepskin padded lining. This comfortable is long-lasting with its with lacquered solid brass hardware.
- No chemicals or dyes
- Built-in ring for dog tag
- Hardware will not rust or corrode
3. KONG Comfort Dog Collar
The KONG Comfort Collar is a super durable collar with neoprene padding for your Finnish Lapphund’s comfort and safety. This lightweight choice offers a metal/plastic hybrid buckle for exceptional security.
- Webbed nylon for added strength
- Separate ID tag loop
- Available in five bright colors
4. RUFFWEAR Hoopie Dog Collar
The RUFFWEAR Hoopie Dog Collar is a sporty, brightly colored nylon collar perfect for your Lapphund to wear every day. This lightweight and weather-resistant collar has a side-release buckle that is easy to use.
- Separate loop for ID tag with silencer
- Aluminum V-ring for leash attachment
- Available in a variety of outdoor-inspired colors and patterns
5. Custom Catch Personalized Dog Collar
The Custom Catch Personalized Dog Collar is a popular soft leather collar that can be engraved with your Finnish Lapphund’s personal information or other text. These customizable collars are comfortable and will not irritate your pup’s skin and coat.
- Reinforced stitching
- Available in a variety of colors
- Additional designs for no extra cost
Dog Collar for Finnish Lapphund Buyer’s Guide
Your Finnish Lapphund’s will be wearing his collar almost every single day, so choose a top-quality, long-lasting collar he will be comfortable in. Most collars for medium dogs are durable enough to withstand some pulling, but it may not safe for your Lappie’s neck and trachea. If your pup pulls a lot or you are worried about lunging, consider putting him in a harness for his daily walks. A collar for this breed may be best worn simply for identification, or to attach a harness or muzzle. That being said, you can still show off his personal style with a stylish and brightly colored collar. Always measure your Finnish Lapphund’s neck with a soft measuring tape and follow the recommended sizing guidelines from the manufacturer.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog collar for Finnish Lapphunds on the market so you can choose the right collar for your Finnish Lapphund. The following considerations should be made and will help you to choose which collar you need for your dog.
Length and Width
A Finnish Lapphund has a characteristic “mane” around his neck, thanks to his long, fluffy coat. That means even though your pup’s neck will measure somewhere between 14 and 20 inches, you will need to add several inches in length to account for his voluminous fur. An adjustment length of at least four inches is recommended. Measure your pup’s neck while his hair is longest, and always make sure you can comfortably fit two fingers between the collar and your dog’s neck. Your Finnish Lapphund needs a collar that is a good width as well – ideally between 1 and 1.5 inches. The width is for his comfort, but also his safety to prevent damage with a collar that is too narrow.
Style & Materials
The most common materials for everyday collars are nylon and leather. Nylon collars are popular because they are weather-resistant, lightweight and easy to clean. Choose a brightly colored collar so you can find it in your Lappie’s furry neck. More sporty collars may have a neoprene padding for comfort and to prevent breakage of the hair around his neck after extended use. Look for quality buckles and heavy-duty nylon with reinforced stitching. Leather collars are a nice alternative but may need treatment is you plan on getting them wet. Ensure the leather is not dyed or treated with any chemicals and has a soft padding on the inside for your Finnish Lapphund’s comfort.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Crate for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Brush for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Training Book for Finnish Lapphunds