If you’re looking for a dog collar for your German Shepherd one of the most important things to keep in mind is measuring your German Shepherd’s neck before purchasing. If a collar is too tight it can cause chaffing and unneeded pain, and no one wants that for their furry friend. There are many types of collars out there such as personalized, studded, LED, and many others.
They all have their own bonuses and at the bottom of the article will be a buying guide with extra information for you to go through. Below are the top five recommended dog collars for German Shepherds, each item has a short summary of why you would want to purchase it over other products.
Best Dog Collars for German Shepherds
Here are our German Shepherd dog collar reviews.
The Black Rhino Comfort Dog Collar is made to be both sturdy and comfortable on your German Shepherd. The padding on it is made with neoprene to ensure a soft to the touch collar that avoids chaffing. The collar is adjustable to best fit any German Shepherd like it was made for them.
- Is both sturdy and soft to the touch for your German Shepherd
- Neoprene padding is comfortable for your dog
- Adjustable collars give an almost custom fit
The Max and Neo Martingale Dog Collar is made with high quality nylon and metal chain for a sturdy collar for your German Shepherd. The chain on the back of the collar allows for an easy adjustment and for better control in crowds. With five sizes and seven colors, you have a variety of choices to choose from.
- High quality nylon and metal make a sturdy collar for your German Shepherd
- Chain allows for easier control and adjustment
- Wide variety of sizes and colors for your choices
The Max and Neo Nylon Durable Dog Collar is made from a sturdy nylon to ensure the best quality of collar for your German Shepherd. Reflective material is interwoven for added safety on night or day walks. The collar is adjustable to give your German Shepherd the closest possible fit to custom.
- Made from sturdy nylon for a quality durable collar
- Reflective material is perfect for safer night walks
- Adjustable collars are great for near custom fitting to your German Shepherd
The Tuff Pupper Heavy Duty Dog Collar is made with the best quality of nylon for a sturdy collar for your German Shepherd. There is a built in handle that is elastic to give you better control in crowds. The collar is adjustable for your German Shepherd, giving it the closest possible fit to custom.
- High quality of nylon makes for the sturdiest dog collar
- Built in elastic handle is great for training
- Adjustable for a near custom fit for your German Shepherd
The Yunlep Tactical Dog Collar is military grade nylon to ensure the best quality of dog collar for your German Shepherd. The control handle is built in and great for either working dogs or for training your dog. The handle is padded for your comfort, making it easy to use for hours on end without chaffing your hand.
- High quality nylon makes for sturdy collars for your German Shepherd
- Built in control handle for training or crowds
- Padded handle makes long hours of training easier on your hand
German Shepherd Dog Collar Buying Guide
As you can see from the above, there are many different types of collars for your German Shepherd to wear. Each collar has its own benefits such as high quality materials or being adjustable. Now I will go into the various features on the market that you may be interested in and why they are nice to have.
Having an adjustable collar is nice because it is as close to a custom fit as you get for your German Shepherd without paying the outrageous prices of an actual custom fitted collar. If your dog has a thicker or thinner neck then it is also nice.
Padded Control Handle
If you’ve trained a dog before with a control handle you know why having a padded one is important. When you’re first training your German Shepherd they pull incessantly and that puts a strain on your hand, sometimes rubbing the skin raw. Padded handles stop that from happening and makes training easier.
Usually, you see reflective material on dog vests or harnesses thanks to the bulk, but there are collars made with it for your German Shepherd. These collars make night walks considerably safer, the headlights of cars will bounce off the reflective material and alert passing drivers to your presence. While it does work in daylight, it doesn’t work as well.
If you have a German Shepherd who loves to disappear into the shadows at night then this collar is for you. Usually, they are rechargeable via USB but you should always double check their power source because batteries cost a lot after the first few.
Personalized collars are great as a precaution. If your German Shepherd gets lost then the collar can have your address, your phone number or any other thing you want on there for whoever finds them to follow.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Crates for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for German Shepherds