Complex and confident Lhasa Apsos hail from the mountainous region of the Himalayas, and they were originally bred for guarding the monasteries. According to mythology, these Tibetan dogs are miniature versions of the sacred snow lions who are known to be the protector of Tibet. Their feathery tail and silky soft long hair make them regal in a manner, and for several hundred years, these Lhasa Apsos were the imperial favorite.
Associated with the great Buddhist monk Dalai Lama, these Lhasa Apsos also go by the name ‘ bark lion Sentinel Dog.’ Though the first Lhasa Apso was documented in 800 AD, they rose to prominence in the 1930s and afterward with their official acceptance in international organizations. A dog collar is more of an ornament on your regal Lhasa Apso and so select a beautiful collar from the following samples.
Best Dog Collars for Lhasa Apsos
Here are our dog collars for Lhasa Apsos reviews.
1. PetSafe Premier Quick Snap Nylon Martingale Dog Collar
This PetSafe Premier Quick Snap Nylon Martingale Dog Collar looks good on dogs of any size and any breed. As there is limited warranty for one year for this product, you can use it however you want. This extraordinary collar also eliminates the chance of slipping out.
- This features a martingale collar.
- It is convenient to use because of the quick snap buckle.
- This safe and secure collar doesn’t choke your Lhasa Apso at all.
2. Logical Leather Padded Dog Collar
Logical Leather Padded Dog Collar makes your Lhasa Apso walk confidently and comfortably while wearing it. This dog collar has an elegant look that is bestowed with the full-grain leather that is used for crafting this collar.
- It is padded to add greater comfort
- It has been handcrafted to make it look more intricate
- It does not collect hair from your Lhasa Apso’s neck
3. NiteIze NiteHowl LED Safety Necklace Dog Collar
Help your Lhasa Apso look attractive with this NiteIzeNiteHowl LED Safety Necklace Dog Collar. Apart from glowing green, the collar is also available in many other vibrant colors. The 360-degree illumination allows you to keep an eye on your Lhasa Apso from very far.
- There is a button in the collar to switch between different modes.
- This LED collar can stand any extreme cold and hot weather.
- So far, only one size of the collar is there.
4. Blueberry Pet Floral Prints Polyester Dog Collar
This Blueberry Pet Floral Prints Polyester Dog Collar brings back the good old days of summer in your Lhasa Apso’s life. This designer collar is made of high-density polyester and neoprene. This premium quality collar features a classic buckle.
- For a complete fashionista look, you can shop for matching leashes too.
- You can toss it in the washing machine for a quick clean.
- There is a hook system, which allows the owners to hang the accessories, charms, tags etc.
5. Country Brook Design Paisley Polyester Martingale Dog Collar
This Country Brook Design Paisley Polyester Martingale Dog Collar gives your Lhasa Apso a trendy look. Like some of the harnesses, the collar gets really tight if your Lhasa Apso behaves recklessly, and it loosens all by itself when it is calm. This collar is an artisan-crafted one.
- For gentle control, there is a double loop design.
- There is an adjustable glide slide, which ensures a proper fit.
- This convenient collar has been manufactured in the USA.
Dog Collars For Lhasa Apsos Buyer’s Guide
Originated in the lock locked country of Tibet, the Lhasa Apsos were developed by the Buddhist monks to prevent the intruders from entering the palaces and monasteries without permission. These elegant and fluffy Lhasa Apsos have a keen hearing ability and a suspicious nose. Though this breed is more than a thousand years old, they still make an excellent family watchdog. The long-haired Lhasa Apsos have made their debut in multiple movies, and they are also wonderful family comedians. For such a lovely Lhasa Apso buy dog collar today and start showing off your ornate Lhasa Apso to your neighbors. If it is the first time you are shopping for any such collar, the following points will help you a lot in choosing the right collar.
The most traditional type of dog collar is the buckle collars, but dogs sometimes feel a little irritated to put the collar on and take it off. Apart from this, head collars and martingale collars are also there. Both these collars have been designed for the purpose of training and directing the dogs on the roads. If you want to enhance the beauty of your Lhasa Apso, go for decorative collars. You can put extra crystal on these collars if you like.
For hardcore training, the dog trainers have invented electronic collars, which combine rechargeable batteries. Prong collar and e-collars use the technique of instant punishment if the dog doesn’t abide by the trainers. As a dog lover, we do not recommend our readers the last two collars.
If you are searching for an everyday dog collar, you can try nylon collars as these are water-resistant and have a quick-drying ability. The decorative collars often use ribbons and other fancy objects. The leather collars come in buckle style only, and these look exceptionally elegant on Lhasa Apsos. Some durable collars are also made of metal and PVCs. It is suggested to go for a step-in style collar so that you can effortlessly put it on your Lhasa Apso.
Choose the correct size for your Lhasa Apso and eliminate the risk of you hurting your Lhasa Apso forever. Purchase a size close to the actual neck size and if possible, leave a gap of at least 1 inch. This way, your high maintenance Lhasa Apso will remain comfortable and cozy wearing a fancy collar.
Though harness and collar are made for the similar purpose, it won’t cost you much if you keep both at your home for your Lhasa Apso. For an appropriate dog collar for your Lhasa Apso follow all the instructions word for word.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Puppy Food for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Crate for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Bed for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Brush for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Toys for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Harness for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Muzzle for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Shampoo for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Training Book for Lhasa Apsos