Best Dog Collar for Maltese
Here are our dog collar for Maltese reviews.
Blueberry Pet Essentials makes cute, brightly colored collars and harnesses in fun and unique patterns. You can choose from seasonal themes, animal themes or bright colors to match your Maltese’ adorable personality.
- Sturdy nylon with eco-friendly buckles
- Can be embroidered with name and phone number
- Solid color nylon collars also available
The CollarDirect Rolled Leather Dog Collar is a unique collar handmade with real genuine leather. This rolled leather design is meant to prevent tangles from forming in your Maltese’ long, silky hair.
- Quality metal hardware for security
- Soft and padded provides excellent comfort
- Available in a variety of colors
The Ollypet Flower Studded Collar is the perfect spring accessory for your Maltese pup. This fashionable, but sturdy collar is adorned with seven securely attached multicolored flowers.
- Polyurethane leather is soft and comfortable.
- Sturdy and adjustable with metal clasps and eyelets
- Available in a variety of colors
The Lionet Paws Dog Collar is an adorable plaid collar with a hand-sewn bowtie. With soft and comfortable material, quality buckles and reinforced stitching, this is a great choice for your stylish Maltese.
- Fully adjustable with removable bowtie
- Stainless steel buckles and welded D-ring
- Available in five unique 100% cotton designer fabrics
The Fourhorse Bowtie and Bandana Collars are designed for small dogs like your Maltese with soft and comfortable PU leather. This matching set comes with both a bowtie and bandana collar in your choice of pattern.
- Durable alloy buckle
- Polyester bandana and bowtie are easy to clean
- Available in plaid, polka dots, stripes and more
Dog Collar for Maltese Buyer’s Guide
Even though you will not be using your Maltese’ collar for daily exercise, it is still important to make sure the collar you choose is durable and safe for your pup. A good quality collar is essential to keep your Maltese identified and keep him looking his best. There are many different collars on the market that you can choose for a variety of different looks, including ones with bandanas, bowties, rhinestones and more. Dog collars for Maltese pups are affordable, so it may be a good idea to have a variety on hand for the different seasons, holidays and outings you may attend throughout the year.
Our buying guide reviews the best collars for Maltese on the market so you can choose the right collar for your dog. The following features are considerations you should make and will help you to choose which collar you need for your Maltese.
Size and Fit
Obviously, the collar you choose for your Maltese is going to be little, but it is important that you choose the correct size depending on your gender’s pup, his size and the brand of the collar. In general, your Maltese’ neck will measure about 10 to 14 inches. Measure your Maltese’ neck with a soft tape measure and add one or two inches for adjustments. A collar that is too large could slip off, and one that is too small could choke or pinch your pup. Finally, the correct width is also important, so choose one that measures between 3/8” and 5/8” for safety and comfort.
Small collars for dogs like Maltese and other toy breeds are generally made from durable webbed nylon, cotton, polyester, genuine leather or PU leather. These are great choices because they are durable, long-lasting and will not fray over time. Nylon and nylon mesh are best for easy cleaning and will also dry more quickly if they get wet. Rolled leather is also a popular option for breeds with long hair, as it will prevent getting caught in his hair and forming tangles. Collars can sometimes have a neoprene padding, that offers added comfort and prevents chafing of the skin and coat. A collar with a metal buckle and eyelets is preferred over a plastic buckle, as a buckle could snip your sensitive Maltese’ skin or get caught in his long hair.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Maltese
- Best Puppy Food for Maltese
- Best Dog Shampoo for Maltese
- Best Dog Crate for Maltese
- Best Dog Bed for Maltese
- Best Dog Brush for Maltese
- Best Dog Muzzle for Maltese
- Best Dog Harness for Maltese
- Best Dog Training Book for Maltese
- Best Dog Toys for Maltese