Best Dog Collar for Mastiffs
Here are our dog collar for Mastiffs reviews.
The Bully’s Dog Collar is a heavy-duty nylon collar with stainless steel hardware. One of the few two-inch wide collars on the market, this super tough collar will not let you down when keeping your Mastiff safely under control.
- Tactical grade materials are lightweight and comfortable
- Hardware will not rust or tarnish
- Available in several colors
The Kruz PET Breathable Mesh Dog Collar is a super lightweight dual-layered mesh collar that is durable and comfortable. This 1.5-inch collar extends to more than 30 inches for your Mastiff’s large neck.
- Heavy duty D-ring for leash and tag
- Quick release buckle
- Easy adjust with tri-glide slider
The Soft Touch Collars Real Leather Dog Collar is a luxury, naturally-tanned genuine leather collar lined with sheepskin leather padding for your dog’s comfort. The hardware is lacquered solid brass to prevent rusting or corrosion.
- No chemicals or dyes
- Built-in ring for dog tag
- Suitable for necks up to 25” in circumference
The Excellent Elite Spanker Collar is a heavy duty, tactical dog collar made of durable nylon. This 1.5-inch collar features a metal buckle and handle for controlling your Mastiff, when necessary.
- Neat stitching to prevent chafing
- Cotton soft-padded lining for comfort
- Elastic band covers metal buckle for extra security
The KONG Reflective Comfort Collar is a soft neoprene-padded nylon collar with reflective piping. The buckle is a plastic/metal hybrid for extra strength and durability.
- XL extends up to 28” in length
- Durable hardware that easily adjusts
- Available in three colors
Dog Collar for Mastiffs Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right collar for your Mastiff is an important decision. It needs to be strong and durable, but lightweight and comfortable. A premium collar to fit your Mastiff’s large, powerful neck may be more expensive, but it is worth the investment for peace of mind. A cheap collar can fray, break or hurt your dog. Always measure your Mastiff’s neck properly and carefully follow the manufacturer’s recommended sizes.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog collar for Mastiffs on the market so you can choose the right collar for your Mastiff. The following considerations should be made and will help you to choose which collar you need for your dog.
Length and Width
In general, you should add about three inches to your dog’s neck measurement when choosing a collar. This means most Mastiffs will fit a collar somewhere between about 24 to 30 inches long. Always follow the two-finger rule, where you can comfortably fit two fingers between the collar and your dog’s neck. Your Mastiff needs a good, wide collar as well. The width is for his comfort, but also his safety to prevent damage with a collar that is too narrow. Be sure to choose a collar that at least 1.5 inches in width.
The most common material for large-size dogs is heavy-duty nylon with double stitching. A more premium collar would be leather, which is super durable and comfortable with inner padding. Many collars for Mastiffs are lined with a soft neoprene padding to prevent chafing. It’s important to consider the buckles as well. Any plastic buckles should be made with high-quality plastic. Metal or steel hardware is an option as well for higher durability. A plastic/metal hybrid buckle offers extra security for your Mastiff but as with all buckles, should still be quick-release.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Mastiffs
- Best Puppy Food for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Crate for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Bed for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Brush for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Toys for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Harness for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Mastiffs