Some collars have features such as being personalized with your dog’s name or your address while others are just for bling, no matter what it is you want in a collar, it is out there if you look hard enough. Below each of the items will be a short summary of why you should buy that product with three of its main attributes. At the bottom of the article will be a buying guide to give you extra information, should you want it, on the various types of dog collars.
Best Dog Collars for Papillons
Here are our Papillon dog collar reviews.
The GoTags Personalized Dog Collar is made with the best materials and has the lettering clear against the collar itself, just incase your Papillon ever runs away from home. With fifteen letter colors and five collar colors for you to choose from, you have a wide range of options. The nylon webbing makes for a great, sturdy collar for your pup.
- Materials used are high quality to ensure a sturdy collar
- A wide variety of collar colors and thread colors for you to choose from
- Nylon webbing makes it durable and last for years
The Blueberry Dog Collar comes in twenty two colors for your choice of color preference for your Papillon. With the nylon webbing, this collar is sturdy and made to last for years without replacement. Be sure to measure your Papillon before purchasing the collar to ensure correct sizes.
- Twenty Two colors are available for your personal choice
- Nylon material makes collar durable but fashionable
- ALWAYS measure your dog before purchasing a collar
The Illumiseen LED Dog Collar is made with the highest quality of materials to ensure the collar glows as it should for years to come. The LED is rechargeable via USB and easily plugs in when needed. The collar is fully adjustable for your Papillon’s sizing needs, making it great for dogs with above or below average sized necks.
- All materials used are sturdy and durable for your Papillon
- Collar is rechargeable and easy to plug into the nearest UBS slot
- Adjustable collar is great for your dog’s neck, perfect comfort fit
The Black Rhino Comfort Dog Collar is made with an ultra soft neoprene material to give your Papillon comfort while they wear it. The collar is padded and made to be durable, to survive years of use without needing replacement. The stitching is reflective to ensure a safer night walk for you and your pup.
- Neoprene is soft and tough for a great dog collar
- Extra padding is added for additional durability
- Reflective stitching makes for safer night walks
The Mile High Life Dog Collar is made with reflective material sewn in for you and your Papillon’s safety during night walks. With four sizes, seven colors and the option of multi packs, this collar is great for your personal style preferences. The sturdy nylon webbing guarantees a strong and soft collar for your pooch.
- Reflective materials are interwoven for a safer dog collar
- A wide variety of purchasing options for your personal style choice
- Nylon is strong but comfortable for your dog to wear every day
Papillon Dog Collar Buying Guide
Now that you’ve seen some of the options available to you I will go over some other terms you may see when browsing for a collar for your Papillon. Depending on your needs some may be more useful than others. No matter what you do, before purchasing a collar always be sure to measure your dog’s neck to ensure the best possible fit. If your dog has a too tight collar it can cause choking or rub the skin raw while if it is too loose your Papillon can slip right out of it. Getting the correct size is vital to buying a collar.
LED is a newer invention for collars, but it is both useful and pretty. Have you ever had to try to find your dog in the dark and it was like they had melded into the shadows? With this added feature your Papillon will stand out perfectly, while looking cute in its light up collar. Most of these collars are USB rechargeable as to save batteries but always check how they power themselves as batteries are expensive after a bit.
Reflective fabric on a collar is a God send for your safety during night walks. The more reflective material there is, the safer and more visible you are. Usually the reflective material is the stitching around the edges of the collar, but sometimes the entire collar is made of it for the best safety. While it does work for day walks, the effect is much less noticeable than it is at night.
This is an amazing feature that I dearly regret not getting for a dog I owned many years ago. It doesn’t matter what breed of dog you own, Papillon or Great Dane, you should consider getting their collar personalized in the dreaded situation of them getting lost. Most personalized collars have big lettering as to be seen better, some even with reflective stitching. Whether you put your address, phone number or something else on it, I advise a personalized collar.
Nylon Webbing is one of the single most popular material choices out there thanks to its durability and its comfortable feel. The above is why it is a common material for dog collars. Nylon has less problems with rubbing and causing chafing, while still being sturdy enough to not worry about your dog chewing through it.
Neoprene is even better than nylon, but much less common thanks to its slightly less sturdy build. Neoprene is softer to the touch and more gentle on both skin and fur. Depending on your needs, if you want a stronger material you should go with nylon, neoprene may be the collar you need.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Papillons
- Best Puppy Food for Papillons
- Best Dog Crate for Papillons
- Best Dog Bed for Papillons
- Best Dog Brush for Papillons
- Best Dog Toys for Papillons
- Best Dog Harness for Papillons
- Best Dog Muzzle for Papillons
- Best Dog Shampoo for Papillons