Highly sensitive and graceful Sloughi dogs fall in the category of tall hound dogs. These ancient Sloughis are mostly found in the North African countries of Morocco, Algeria, Libya, and Tunisia. Though these dogs adapt to human family life quite easily, sometimes they can be a handful due to their stubborn nature.
Sloughis always remain highly energetic, and that is why they serve wonderfully as a playing companion as well as a watchdog. Considering their aloof nature towards unknown faces, vets recommend taking them through socialization training from their early days. To make the house training more effective, bring home a suitable dog collar fit for your Sloughi.
Best Dog Collars for Sloughis
Here are our dog collars for Sloughis reviews.
This elegant PetSafe Premier Quick Snap Nylon Martingale Dog Collar is an excellent choice for your handsome and robust Sloughi. Apart from classic black, the collar is available in the other four colors, such as raspberry, royal blue, red and deep purple. The no choke formula of the dog collar allows your Sloughi to roam wherever it wants comfortably without hurting its neck.
- The product comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- The attached snap buckle makes it convenient for dog parents to put it on and take it off.
- If used delicately, the collar can last for several years.
This Frisco Solid Nylon Slip-On Martingale Dog Collar is a wonderful choice for those Sloughi escape artists who always figure out how to slip out of the dog collar. Unlike other dog collars, it doesn’t comprise a buckle; rather, it has two loops for adjustment. This back clip dog collar has a special ID ring so that someone can return your Sloughi to you if you lose it.
- The different sizes of the collar cover from 10 inches to 25 inches neck size.
- All the hardware components of the collar are well polished and nickel coated.
- This is made of superior nylon webbing.
Available in a variety of lucrative colors this Remington Patterned Polyester Dog Collar will go perfectly amazing with fawn-colored and sandy colored Sloughis. The product has been manufactured with some extraordinary prints which will blow everyone’s mind. The snap-lock quality of the collar ensures that your Sloughi is always by you.
- The product is made of good quality nylon.
- The adjustable components of the item ensure a comfortable fit.
- It is available in the pet industry in multiple sizes.
This extraordinary Pet Champion Hunting Camouflage Polyester Dog Collar is not just a piece of equipment for training but a fashion item too. The collar has a D ring, which you can use to attach the matching dog leash. Available in pink camo and cover camo, the dog collar is quite sturdy, and it is hard for your Sloughi to break free.
- The D ring of the collar is made of steel.
- Apart from the accessories, the collar is made of durable polyester fabric.
- The product offers three sizes – medium, large, and extra-large.
This GoTags Personalized Reflective Nylon Dog Collar gives your Sloughi a classic yet trendy look. The product is almost effortless to clean. The thoughtful design of the collar gives you and your Sloughi enough control to walk side by side.
- The reflective color of the collar helps you to find the Sloughi in low light.
- The collar leaves enough space not to choke its neck and for free movement.
- You can write its name and address on the given space in the collar.
Dog Collars For Sloughis Buyer’s Guide
These hound dogs first appeared in 8th century BC ancient Egypt as hunting companions to then Egyptian royals. Though thousands of years have passed since then, these Sloughis are still carrying hunting traits in their blood. If you don’t attach a leash to your Sloughi’s collar, there is always a chance that it will break free and chase other pets on the road. Be it the fashion purpose or regular house training, and a dog collar is a must for your Sloughi. So, what are you waiting for? Follow these below guidelines before placing an order and bring home the best dog collar for your Sloughi.
Sloughi dogs take after greyhounds to some extent. These dogs fall into the category of slim dogs. That is why any medium-sized dog collar would fit them perfectly. Nowadays, almost all the collars feature some adjustable components. Adjusting the loops and slides, you can make a medium-sized dog collar fit your Sloughi. But it is always better to measure the neck size of dogs first and then buy one size bigger than the required.
Dog collars can be used for various purposes. Some like to use a collar to control the unwanted and untimely barking of dogs. For such customers, headcollar and special bark control collars are apt choices.
Some dog parents also use electric shock collars to modify Sloughi’s behavioral traits. It is recommended not to go for shock collars, choke collars and prong collars as these will ruthlessly hurt your Sloughi in the name of training. If possible, stay away from rechargeable collars also. Instead of these, you can go for personalized collars, ID collars, themed collars, etc.
Most of the collars are made of nylon and polyester material. It is needless to say that collars with nylon webbing are extremely comfortable and breathable. Other than these, you can also go for leather collars. These look not only sophisticated, but they also last longer than the above two.
If you are buying a dog collar for the first time, make sure that it doesn’t choke your Sloughi’s long delicate neck. There always should be a gap of an inch. Otherwise, when your Sloughi try to chase after something on the road, it may get choked because of the leash and the collar.
So, keep these points in mind and check out the samples. These are the most sought after brands we have mentioned in the blog. We hope your choice will match with that of your Sloughi.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Sloughis
- Best Puppy Food for Sloughis
- Best Dog Crate for Sloughis
- Best Dog Bed for Sloughis
- Best Dog Brush for Sloughis
- Best Dog Toys for Sloughis
- Best Dog Harness for Sloughis
- Best Dog Muzzle for Sloughis
- Best Dog Shampoo for Sloughis
- Best Training Book for Sloughis