If you desire to keep your Yorkie under control and ensure it does not hurt itself while walking, running, or hunting, you need to provide a convenient collar for your friend. These dog collars should not be too heavy or wide since Yorkshire Terriers are small-breed dogs. Although, a study of the canine neck anatomy shows that Yorkies’ necks have small muscular strength and may not handle this accessory.
But, a careful selection of the best collars available on the market can give your pet a suitable lightweight collar that can be protective and not injurious to the animal. Moreover, do not leave a collar on the dog for a long time without watching over your pet to prevent emergencies.
Best Dog Collar for Yorkshire Terriers
Below are our reviews on dog collar for Yorkshire Terriers.
Blueberry Pet Essentials 22 Colors Classic Solid Color Collection is made of nylon material with a chrome-plated metal D-ring to enhance its durability. This product has a great webbing feature and the plastic buckles are recyclable. The matching set with seatbelt, leash, and harness are sold separately.
- Made of nylon fabric and has webbing features for durability.
- Personalized collars for identifying your pet with your phone number and dog’s name.
- Available in multiple colors and produced as regular collars and martingale collars.
GoTags Personalized Dog Collars are durable and made with high-quality stainless steel D-ring where you can fasten leash and tags. This accessory is available in five color varieties with personalized permanent embroidery containing your Yorkie’s name and phone number for quick identification. The collar has smooth and pointed corners for a snug-fitting on your pet.
- Available in 15 embroidery thread color varieties and 5 collar colours.
- Have four adjustable sizes and tapered corners for snug-fitting.
- High-quality nylon webbing with stainless steel D-ring, and plastic buckle.
Illumiseen LED Dog Collar is made of strong and durable materials and uses USB rechargeable battery. This dog collar is lightweight, adjustable, and the light can last for 5 hours. The product comes with a lifetime warranty and suitable for LED Dog leashes.
- Reflective dog collar to enhance your dog’s visibility in all weather situations.
- Lightweight, durable, adjustable, rechargeable, and replaceable battery.
- Lifetime warranty and uses suitable LED dog leashes.
Black Rhino Padded Dog Collar for All Breeds is padded with a durable neoprene material that is soft and can protect your Yorkie from skin injuries and irritations. This dog collar is available in various sizes from the small, medium, large, and extra-large, but you can know your dog’s size by measuring with tape before purchasing. It is suitable for all breeds of dogs and comes with reflective stitching for safety during hiking, hunting, and walking.
- Has reflective stitching for safety outdoors.
- Made of quality material for durability and comfort.
- Available in various sizes for all breeds of dogs.
Blazin’ Safety LED Dog Collar is made of premium materials with strips of light bulbs that you can recharge from any device. It works for over eight hours and can be used for tracking your Yorkie during hunting or hiking. The product has three functional modes of “on, blink, and strobe” and the company offers a 100% lifetime guarantee.
- Lifetime warranty of a hundred per cent and can be recharged from any device.
- Rechargeable strips of light bulbs that function for 8 hours and used for tracking your pet.
- Three functional modes of “on, blink, and strobe”.
Yorkie Dog Collar Buying Guide
Do you want to keep your Yorkie in view whenever you go hiking or hunting? Use a dog collar to control the movement of your pet to avoid injuries. Most dog collars come with reflective strips that can improve the visibility of the animal at all times.
However, choosing a suitable collar for your pet is usually worrisome, since there are different types on the market. Here are a few things most pet owners look out for when selecting a good dog collar for their Yorkie:
Types of Dog Collars Available
Check the various types of dog collars available on the market. These include martingale dog collars, electronic or rechargeable dog collars, and GPS dog collars. Others are prong dog collars and flat dog collars.
Dog Collars with Leather and Woven Materials
Ensure the collar is made with fine leather to prevent it from being too rigid for your pet. Leather dog collars with woven materials are flexible and easy to clean.
Durable and Rust-Resistant Hardware
Dog collars with strong and durable hardware are preferred to prevent the leash attachment from breaking while the dog is on the go. The buckles should be adjusted and fastened tightly to secure your pet on the trails. The hardware should be resistant to dust and other things that can cause allergies to the dog.
GPS Dog Collars
GPS dog collars are used for tracking your Yorkie if it is stubborn or behaves like an escape artist.
Lightweight and Narrow Collars
A good dog collar for a Yorkie must be narrow and lightweight. The reason is that these animals like to jump, dodge, and play. Lightweight dog collars won’t put much pressure on the neck of your pet as it gallivants around.
Ensure to put the collar on and after a while remove it from the dog. Don’t leave the collar on the dog for a longer time to avoid emergencies.
Dog Collars with Reflective materials and Rechargeable
Most dog collars are made with reflective materials and others have reflective strips or bands on them. This reflective feature helps to track the animal while hunting and hiking.
Due to the need to maintain their reflection at all times and enhance the safety of the pet, some function using rechargeable batteries that can charge on any device. Some rechargeable dog collars can work for 8 hours while others can work for 5 hours after a full charge.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Yorkies
- Best Dog Toys for Yorkies
- Best Dog Crate for Yorkshire Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Yorkshire Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Yorkshire Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Yorkshire Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Yorkshire Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Yorkshire Terriers