The best dog conditioners are designed to heal cracking or dry skin as well as leaving their coat with a new and improved shine. There are a massive variety of conditioners with varying scents, ingredients and uses.
If your dog has sensitive skin, be sure to find a product that is hypoallergenic. After thorough research, I have listed below the top ten dog conditioners to best relieve you pet’s discomfort and keep them looking beautiful.
Best Dog Conditioners
Here are what I consider to be the 10 best conditioners for your dog.
The FURminator Dog Conditioner is formulated to best bring a shine to your pup’s lackluster coat. With ingredients like Omega three, six different fatty acids, Chamomile Extract and Aloe Vera this conditioner not only cleans their coat but revitalizes their skin. The formula is designed to reach deep into the undercoat and release all of the fur that would usually be shed off while your pup is in the bath, thus reducing the dog hair around your house!
- Combination of ingredients specifically designed for your dog’s wellbeing
- Conditioner cleans fur and heals dry skin
- Reduces shedding by pulling excess hair out during baths
If you’re a busy dog parent, then the Warren London Conditioner is perfect for your time crunching needs. With a special leave in formula, this dog conditioner can be rubbed thoroughly into your pup’s skin and coat without having to rinse it out afterwards! The formula is specially made to combat dry, itchy skin and dandruff conditions in your dog with hydrating butter as the main ingredient.
- Leave in feature is great for busy owners, no rinse needed
- Ingredients are picked for their skin soothing capabilities
- Deodorizes your pooch after each wash
The Earthbath Dog Conditioner is formulated to soak deep into your pet’s skin and sooth irritants such as dry or cracking skin. The dog conditioner detangles your dog’s fur as you rub it into their coats, leaving a shine to their fur after a thorough rinse. Unlike other conditioners there is no overpowering chemical scent, merely a light and refreshing almond and vanilla.
- Aloe and Oatmeal work together to soothe dog’s skin
- Conditioner detangles fur and leaves it looking great
- Scent is a nice, uplifting almond and vanilla
The Burt’s Bees Dog Conditioner is made with oat flour, honey and beeswax for a completely all natural solution to your pup’s irritated skin. This dog conditioner can be used regularly without causing any damage to your pup’s fur or skin. The formula is designed to leave no scent behind, completely deodorizing your pooch.
- Made from all natural ingredients with no harmful chemical
- Great for regular maintenance or weekly washings
- No scent for your pup’s sensitive nose
The Isle of Dogs Dog Conditioner is made to be rubbed deeply into your pup’s coat, after a thorough wash it leaves even the smelliest pups with a light fragrance of jasmine and vanilla. If your pup’s coat has become unruly or filthy this dog conditioner is for you, the formula digs deep to pull up all the dust and dirt in their skin. After using this product your pup’s coat will be softer, shinier, and more manageable.
- Lightly scented for you dog’s sensitive sense of smell
- Ingredients are natural and made to get every bit of dirt off
- Your dog’s coat will be in better condition than you can dream of
The Rocco & Roxie Shampoo and Conditioner uses ingredients such as Oatmeal to revitalize your pup’s coat and heal their skin. With the two in one formula, this product saves you time and energy while washing your pup. The hypoallergenic qualities allow dogs with the most sensitive skin to be scrubbed down with this without feeling discomfort.
- Natural ingredients are used in the dog conditioner
- Save time by not needing separate washes for shampoo and conditioner
- Hypoallergenic formula for sensitive dogs
The John Paul Dog Conditioning Rinse is specially made to moisturize and revitalize your pet’s fur and skin from dry and cracking conditions. The formula is made from all gentle ingredients to best work on dogs with sensitive skin to eliminate discomfort. This conditioner isn’t only limited to dogs though, you can also use it for your feline friend as well!
- Conditioner softens and soothes your pet’s skin
- Made from all gentle ingredients for safety
- Can be used on either cats or dogs for convenience
Veterinary Formula Conditioner for Dogs is made to best soothe your pup’s skin while revitalizing their fur. Made from natural ingredients such as oatmeal and jojoba, this dog conditioner is great for dogs with sensitive skin. The formula makes for a long lasting fragrance of raspberry and pomegranate that clings to your pup.
- Soothes skin and softens, cleans and shines fur
- Natural ingredients are good for sensitive skin
- Light scent lasts for longer and deodorizes previous bad smells
The BarkLogic Two in One Dog Conditioner and Shampoo is made to save you time and effort while giving your dog their regular maintenance. The natural ingredients are designed to soothe your pup’s skin while lowering risk of allergic reactions. The product comes in a variety of scents for your personal choice of preferred smell.
- Shampoo and conditioner combo reduces time in washes
- Natural ingredients reduce allergic reactions
- Choices for scents, allowing you a personal touch
Sofee & Co. Dog Conditioner is made from the highest quality, natural ingredients to ensure your pup’s comfort while you scrub down their skin and fur. With a light white tea and ginger scent, this dog conditioner is great for dogs with sensitive skin. On top of the above, it also detangles and softens your furry friends coat.
- High quality and natural ingredients ensure dog’s comfort
- Lightly scented and great for sensitive skin
- Softens, detangles and shines your pup’s coat
Dog Conditioner Buyer’s Guide
Here’s everything you need to know about buying the best dog conditioner.
All Natural Ingredients
Quite a few of the dog conditioners out there are made with heavy and often harmful chemicals. When you are choosing a shampoo or conditioner for your dog it is vitally important that you check the ingredients list thoroughly. Preservatives, Sulfates and Ethanolamines are examples of commonly used chemicals that you should avoid at all costs.
Does your pooch love to find the nastiest smelling thing that exists in a hundred foot radius of them and the roll in it? Times such as this are when pet owners love deodorizing shampoos and conditioners, the product does exactly what it says on the tin. The dog conditioner is made to dig deeply into your pup’s fur and skin while pulling all of the dust, dirt and grime off of them. The unpleasant scent that clung to those things will be washed away with it.
Do you have an elderly pooch or one with unnaturally sensitive skin? This is a fairly common problem amongst dogs of all breeds and the pet care professionals have come up with hypoallergenic products to solve it. Hypoallergenic by definition means, “less likely to cause allergic reaction” and that is what your sensitive pup may need. These products are generally made with all natural ingredients but on the rare occasion the chemicals are balanced properly to cause no discomfort.
Aloe Vera or Oatmeal
It is a well known fact amongst most veterinarians and pet owners that Oatmeal and Aloe Vera are great for dry, itchy or cracking skin. This proves true for animals as well as humans and makes it a great, all natural solution to your pup’s problems. When you read the ingredients list of the product you are thinking of buying, seeing these two ingredients is usually a good sign to the quality of the product.