In our guide, we’ll review the best dog crate beds available, and break down their best features. Our buyer’s guide will help simplify the task of choosing a bed and inspire you to provide a comfy resting place for your dog while safely confined in their crate.
Best Dog Crate Beds
Here are our dog crate bed reviews.
1. MidWest Bolster Pet Bed
The MidWest Bolster Pet Bed is an ultra-soft padded bolster bed. It is ideal for dogs who are not excessive chewers. It is available in 8 sizes to fit most crate bottoms.
- Constructed from ultra-soft synthetic fur covering padded polyester bolsters
- Works perfectly in folding metal crates, plastic crates, carriers, and dog houses
- Easily cleaned, the bed is 100% machine washable and dryer safe
2. MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Super Plush Pet Bed
The MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Super Plush Pet Bed is a super soft plush dog bed. The synthetic fur is patterned into a pleasing swirl with blended gray colors. It has a non-skid bottom to prevent it from sliding and bunching up at the end of the crate.
- Constructed from ultra-soft synthetic fur, and overstuffed with plush poly-fiber
- Fits great in most crates of standard lengths and widths
- Completely machine washable, and dryer safe on low
3. Furhaven Pet Dog Bed
The Furhaven Pet Dog Bed is an orthopedic dog bed that comes in five sizes to fit several standard-sized crates. The bed is available with different mattress cores to best suit you and your dog’s needs. The thick mattress helps distribute body weight evenly and soothe pressure points for restful sleep
- Constructed with either a gel foam, memory foam, or orthopedic foam core, with faux fur fabric cover
- The fabric cover is fully machine washable for easy cleanup
- Faux fur sleeping surface is textured with a luxurious swirl pattern and is surrounded by microsuede sides.
4. Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed
The Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed is a memory foam dog bed. It comes in seven sizes that correspond with most standard crate sizes. It provides a 3” thick layer of relaxing softness for your dog.
- The core is constructed of a 3” thick layer of shredded memory foam for optimal orthopedic support
- The mattress is protected by a removable and washable soft microsuede cover
- Comfort for all dogs from toy breeds to giant breeds
5. BarkBox Memory Foam Dog Bed
The BarkBox Memory Foam Dog Bed is a memory foam dog bed that comes in four sizes to fit several standard crate sizes. It has a waterproof lining with a machine washable cover. To match your tastes and decor, there are four colors available.
- The mattress is 100% pure memory foam for optimal pressure relief
- The zippered cover comes off for easy cleaning in the washing machine
- Four sizes available: 24”x16”, 29”x18”, 25”x22”, and 41”x29”
6. American Kennel Club Crate Mat
The American Kennel Club Crate Mat is a comfortable plush bed that fits 4 standard crate and carrier sizes. Designed to be durable, it is made from all new, 100% safe materials. The three neutral colors available are sure to fit with your tastes and decor.
- Cleaning up after accidents is easy, the bed is machine washable
- Bolster design provides raised sides for your dog to snuggle up against or rest their head on
- Comfortable faux fur outer layer gives your dog a super soft and comfy texture they’ll love
7. Hero Dog Dog Bed Mat
The Hero Dog Dog Bed Mat is an anti-slip and non-skid crate pad. It comes in five sizes to fit a variety of standard crates. It is covered with a comfortable fleece cover.
- Stuffed with 3cm of super soft cotton padding
- Washing machine safe, and will not deform during cleaning
- The bottom is anti-slip to prevent bunching up in your dog’s crate
8. K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Pet Crate Pad
The K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Pet Crate Pad captures your dog’s body heat and reflects it back to them. Cozy microfleece top, with a non-slip bottom. It comes in six sizes to fit nearly any standard crate size.
- Slit corners to accommodate variations in standard crate sizing
- Available in three colors: tan, gray, and mocha
- Machine washable for quick and easy cleaning
9. Reversible Paw Print Pet Bed
The Reversible Paw Print Pet Bed from MidWest Homes for Pets has two comfortable surfaces for your dog to relax on. Blue paw print synthetic fur and cream colored fleece creates an enticing place to curl up for a nap. Lightly padded and is best for dogs who do not excessivel chewers.
- Available in nine sizes to fit nearly any crate
- Best when used in a crate to create a comfortable place for your dog’s natural den instinct
- Entire bed is machine washable for one-step cleaning
10. Best Pet Supplies Washable Dog Crate Mat
The Best Pet Supplies Washable Dog Crate Mat is a comfy and versatile dog bed. It is designed with 2 inch thick high loft poly fill. Durable construction ensures a long lifetime as a dog crate bed.
- Comes in five sizes, and several colors
- The bed is machine washable to easily clean it of hair or any accidents
- Comfy fleece trim and decorative bone stitching gives a luxury feel
Dog Crate Bed Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a dog bed for a crate, you should first consider the size of your crate, and the preferred material or style of the bed, and associated cleaning methods. Some of the beds in our guide are only available in a few sizes, so making sure the style you want can fit your crate is paramount. Following size availability, you’ll then need to decide on what kind of bed to choose, either a crate pad or bolster style, or a thicker orthopedic style.
Both styles of beds can provide a comfortable resting place for your dog, but each has their pros and cons. The pad or bolster style beds tend to be a bit thinner, but they often make up for that by providing a very plush or luxurious self-warming faux fur sleeping surface. Often, these types of beds can simply be tossed in the washing machine without further preparation.
The orthopedic styles provide a much firmer and supportive mattress and are great for older dogs or dogs that have joint or bone issues that can be painful if they sleep on pressure points. The orthopedic beds are also generally much thicker, having mattress cores that are up to 3 or 4 inches thick. Cleaning these types of beds will usually require that a water-resistant cover be unzipped and washed, so if the mattress core itself gets wet or dirty there is very little that can be done.
Dog Crate Bed Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has helped you decide which bed is best for your dog and their crate. As long as you take into account the material you prefer and the size of your crate, you can choose the right bed for your needs.