The largest of all British terriers, the Airedale Terrier, is traditionally known as the King of All Terriers, standing at up to two feet tall at the withers and head and shoulders above all other closely-related terrier breeds. With a fierce, fearless personality and careful, headstrong attitude, these loyal, tenacious dogs are hypoallergenic and take well to crate training, but also demand a crate which can match up to their energy and wits. When searching for the right crate to begin training your Airedale Terrier with, it’s important to pick the most durable and comfortable one.
Here are the top 5 best dog crates for Airedale Terriers:
Best Dog Crates for Airedale Terriers
Here are our Airedale Terrier dog crate reviews.
Airedale Terriers have their way of doing everything, and so starting with a solid starter kit is a great way to make sure your crate training will go as smoothly as possible. With its iCrate Starter Kit, arriving with 2 dog bowls that fit inside the crate, and an included pet bed and crate cover, this crate is readymade for getting you the best possible start on training. Also, it comes with a 1-year warranty on all items included, so you can rest assured knowing that the troubles of early crate training are nothing to worry about.
- The 30-inch crate is more than enough size for a medium-sized Airedale Terrier
- It comes with a dog bed, 2 dog bowls, and a crate cover, which should provide everything your pup needs to start with
- For $83.99, it comes with a 1-year warranty for anything included in the starter kit
Sometimes, simple is better, especially when it comes to getting your Airedale Terrier accustomed to sleeping in a crate, which is exactly what the AmazonBasics Double-Door Dog Crate Kennel is for. Simple and easy to use, this basic, 30-inch double-door crate can be neatly folded when not in use and is perfect for customizing with your preferred dog bed and cover. As a launching off point for more experienced Airedale Terriers and their owners, this simple and basic metal dog crate is perfect for getting your feet off the ground.
- It is a 30-inch dog crate with double-doors and two slide-bolt latches on each for maximum comfort and security
- Nice and basic, this crate is easy to customize with your preferred choice for bed or cover
- It costs about $29.98 for a basic crate which folds flat for storage or moving
Another approachable and easy to master metal dog crate for your Airedale Terrier is the New World Collapsible Metal Dog Crate, which comes with two doors and comes with a removable plastic pan. As the leak-proof plastic pan can be removed for easy cleaning, it makes for easy training for young Airedale Terrier pups still learning the ropes of sleeping in a crate. With a 36-inch interior, this crate is especially spacious for medium-sized terrier breeds, and will grow up with your dog from pup to adult, made all the easier with a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty.
- Being 36-inches, this crate is larger than the average medium-sized crate and will grow up with your dog
- It folds flat for storage and includes a removable, leak-proof plastic pan which can be taken out for cleaning
- For approximately $49.99, you get this excellent crate with a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty included
A4Pet Soft Collapsible Dog Crate is a perfect choice for anyone who’d like more than a crate to have around their house and expects that a crate can be picked up and taken on the road with them. For their size, independence, and personability, Airedale Terriers make for excellent traveling companions, and most love coming with you for hiking or camping trips, and the A4Pet Dog Crate facilitates that better than any other. With its dimensions, it fits perfectly inside the trunk of an SUV, and because it is easy to close and fold, and a breeze to clean, it’s the perfect way to take your pup out in the world with you.
- This 36-inch soft, collapsible dog crate makes for easy locomoting with your Airedale Terrier right by your side
- It is easy to clean and is perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- It costs about $73.99
Carlson Pet Products is a company determined to make homes safer and more accessible to dogs, providing individualized pet gates and other furniture, and this dog crate fits their repertoire like a glove. Being sized at “intermediate,” this light and simple one-door dog crate is 36-inches long and 25-inches tall, which should be space enough for your Airedale Terrier to stand or lay down within it. With a plastic tray and a collapsible frame, this crate folds flat and couldn’t be easier to use.
- It is simple, easy to use, and responsibly made with dogs in mind
- At 36-inches in length and 25-inches in height, this crate should be perfect for most, two-feet tall Airedale Terriers to stand-in
- For the intermediate size, one-door crate, the price is about $35.06
Airedale Terriers Dog Crate Buyer’s Guide
Airedale Terriers were originally bred to flush and hunt vermin for the safety of their household, and are renowned for their bold and brash nature – when an Airedale Terrier makes a decision, it takes a great deal of effort to get them to change their minds. For this reason, it’s important to start crate training on the right foot, with the right crate, to make sure that they have a positive experience with their crate, and learn to use it properly, without any hiccups. It’s important when evaluating a crate for an Airedale, to consider how appropriate it is for their size and temperament, and make sure that it is worth the investment.
Durability for Energetic Dogs
Because of their background as ratting dogs, Airedale Terriers have a high prey drive and great natural athleticism, as well as a charming, playful streak not commonly found in terriers. With their large body size and high athletic demands, a crate should be strong enough to withstand occasional battering, especially in the early stages of crate training, which can be distressing for young dogs. If you’re considering a collapsible or foldable crate, consider the materials the crate is made of, and be willing to spend more on high-quality materials, or it may not last as long as you hope.
Appropriateness for Airedale Terriers
In addition to having high energy demands, Airedale Terriers are physically very large terriers dogs, some of the largest of their kind, and their crate should be able to accommodate that. Standing at about 22-24 inches at the withers, they need a crate that is at least large enough for them to stretch out in full, and one that they can comfortably stand within so that they can feel comfortable moving around when enclosed. Preferably, this crate should also be large enough to fit a dog bed, and for extended stays inside, a toy or two and a bowl of water for their wellbeing and health.
Ranging in from approximately $30.00 to $84.00, dog crates can be fairly expensive purchases, and it’s important to consider where the cost of your crate goes towards and what that crate can guarantee. Because the first few months of crate training can be destructive at times, depending on your Airedale Terrier, investing in a high-quality crate right off the bat is only a wise investment if that crate comes with a full, 1-year warranty, and foldable soft crates are especially poor to start with, as they can be destroyed beyond repair very easily. When considering your options, remember how often you plan on using your crate, where and how you intend to use it, and how much you are comfortable spending on a dog crate.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Airedale Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Airedale Terriers
- Best Training Book for Airedale Terriers