Alaskan Malamutes are some of the most active dogs who love playing around the house and even like to go out for a long run. Although your doggie loves to do strenuous exercises throughout the day, he wants a safe, secure and comfortable place where he can comfortably relax without any disturbance. A right dog crate works the best in this regard.
Nevertheless, we noticed that most of you are not much aware of the right dog crate for your Alaskan Malamute. Thus, it usually happens that you end up buying an uncomfortable dog crate. We understand that you are curious to get some authentic knowledge regarding the dog crates, that is why we have discussed our reviews with you.
Best Dog Crates for Alaskan Malamutes
Here are our dog crates for Alaskan Malamutes reviews.
1. Frisco XX-Large Heavy Duty Double Door Wire Dog Crate
Frisco has successfully constructed a long term robust companion of large breeds like the Alaskan Malamutes, which provides a safe and secure place for relaxation to your furry friend. The crate has aligned its features in a way that it provides a comfortable experience to your doggie. There are electro-coated wires which enclose your dog in a durable chamber and give him a homelike experience.
- Two large doors, which make it easier for your dog to move in and out
- Contains convenient divider panels to increase the space as your dog grows older
- The door is safely designed with three latches
2. Pet Gear The Other Door Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate & Plush Pad
Pet Gear has designed a portable wired dog crate, with soft and comfy pads at its edges, to provide a safe and secure abode to the large breed dogs like the Alaskan Malamutes. The company has utilized heavy-duty plastic to add more durability to the structure of these crates. Overall, dogs really like relaxing in such crates.
- Easy to assemble
- Has four doors including one garage door
- Has built-in wheels which make it easier for you to move them wherever you want to
3. New Age Pet ecoFLEX Single Door Furniture Style Dog Crate and End Table
New Age Pet has designed a unique furniture style dog crate to complement your interior décor primarily. These crates go well with large-sized dogs like Alaskan Malamute as they have a big room for such dogs. The crate has a safe and secure environment, with a secure latching system. The primary materials to design this crate were recycled plastic and eco-friendly wood.
- Spindles made of stainless steel
- Easy to assemble and clean
4. MidWest iCrate Fold and Carry Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate
MidWest has designed this crate carefully by keeping the safety and security concerns of your dog in their mind. The crate is spacious enough to provide a relaxing environment to a large breed dog like Alaskan Malamute. It comes with a composite plastic base pan for easier cleaning.
- Have double doors
- Contains ABS Plastic handles
- Safe and secure side bolt latch
5. Frisco Indoor and Outdoor 3-Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate
With the creation of a soft crate that is suitable for large dogs like Alaskan Malamutes, Frisco has made it easier to take your furry friend on long trips. This crate comes with a compact storage facility and can be assembled easily where ever you want to. The crate has a steel structure that is covered with mesh fabric to make your dog feel safe and secure.
- Available in a wide range of sizes
- Contains three zipped doors to make it easier for your doggie to move out and in
Dog Crate for Alaskan Malamutes Buyer’s Guide
When buying a dog crate for your Alaskan Malamute, the first thing that you need to consider is the size of the crate. Often people are not aware of these little things; hence they end up making the wrong choice. The Alaskan Malamutes are den animals and like living in an enclosed place. This is because such places give them a feeling of safety and comfort. People are often not aware of the things that are important to be checked for while you go for buying the right dog crate. There are so many types of crates that are available that they often get confused.
In our buyer’s guide, behave discussed the essential features of a dog crate which needs to be checked before you buy the right one. After reading this guide, you will get a better idea of what you should look for in a dog crate when you are going to buy one for your Alaskan Malamute.
It is essential that before buying the dog crate, you measure the length of your Alaskan Malamute to get an idea of the size of the dog crate that you need. Generally, a full-grown Alaskan Malamute requires a 48-inch dog crate; however, this may vary from dog to dog. To measure the length and height of your Alaskan Malamute, you need to place them on level ground and then use a cloth measuring tape to measure them.
Put one of the tape’s end at the top of their nose and the other one at their tail. Once the length is calculated, place one end of the tap at the highest point of their body and stretch it straight till their paws and measure height. You should add 2-4 inches in both readings to ensure that the crate is spacious. Once that is done, you may go for buying the crate which you like.
Since the Alaskan Malamutes like living in a safe and secure place, you should check for the latch systems of the door of the dog crates. They should have an efficient locking system as their might be chances that your dog gets itself harmed due to some mishap. A good latch will help you and your dog stay carefree.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Alaskan Malamute Accessories, Essentials, and Toys
- Best Alaskan Malamute Dog Food
- Best Puppy Food for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Bed for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Brush for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Toys for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Collar for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Harness for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Muzzle for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Shampoo for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Training Book for Alaskan Malamutes