Australian Cattle Dogs are energetic, intelligent dogs like most of their fellow herding breeds. They were originally bred as a cross between English herding dogs and Australian wild dingoes by a rancher. Given their intelligence, they respond very well to structured training, which is why a good crate for training is often a must-have for owners of these amazing dogs.
When finding a crate for an Australian Cattle Dog, it must be the right size and sturdy enough to handle the weight of the adult dog (40-55lbs).
Best Dog Crates for Australian Cattle Dogs
Here are our Australian Cattle Dog crate reviews.
The AmazonBasics dog crate is ideal for an Australian Cattle dog. This is a single door folding metal crate for convenience. This crate can be used for anything from potty training or house training to reinforcing house
- The crate features durable metal-wire construction for strength and optimal ventilation and visibility. rules and boundaries!
- The crate features a single swing-open door on the front with a large opening that allows for easy entry and comfortable access to your pet.
- The AmazonBasics metal dog crate sets up easily in seconds–no tools required.
The Go Pet is the perfect travel tool for your pets. Pet Go folds to less than 2 inches thick which allows easy storage at home or during travel. And it also includes mat and carrying case.
- The Go Pet is made of water resistant, heavy duty polyester with PVC backing.
- Screen mesh doors provide secure confinement with adjustable ventilation on all four sides.
- Go Pet is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
iCrate double-door dog crates by MidWest Homes for Pets are the Inclusive Home Training System designed completely around the safety, security, and comfort of your dog. Features include safe and secure slide-bolt latches, rounded corners, a durable E-Coat finish, and a removable, washable plastic pan for easy cleanup in the event of an accident.
- iCrate sets up easily in seconds without the need for tools and folds down to a portable size
- Two heavy duty slide bolt latches will firmly lock your Australian Cattle dog in place keeping your dog safely inside their dog crate.
- This crate includes a free divider panel, durable dog tray, carrying handle, 4 ‘roller’ feet to protect floors.
Gelinzon is an extremely highly rated kennel that can withstand anything that the anxious pet brings. The steel frame is chew proof and non-corrosive and a nontoxic finish will keep your pet safe. The cage is large enough for your pet to settle and also features an extremely secure door with two locks to prevent escape.
- Gelinzon features a heavy-duty frame that is made from rust and corrosion-resistant steel with a nontoxic finished surface.
- This cage features 360-degree locking casters that both move crate anywhere and lock the wheels in place.
- Two patented locks with safety buckles prevent the dogs from opening the door and escaping.
Parpet’s heavy duty kennels is one of the strongest, most durable pet kennels. Parapet’s kennels provide a secure, private and cozy den for anxious dogs to rest while you are away. With an easy setup, this is the perfect choice to keep the escape artist dog safe and comfortable inside.
- Parapet is constructed from 20-gauge durable steel with 0.5-inch diameter strong metal bars.
- The removable strong metal tray underneath the floor grate uses a D-ring handle for fast and efficient cleaning.
- Parapet’s kennels are also easy to wash, so your pet’s kennel remains clean!
Australian Cattle Dog Crate Buyer’s Guide
Australian Cattle Dogs are energetic and intelligent and respond well to training and discipline. Here’s what to look for in a crate for Australian Cattle Dogs.
Australian Cattle Dogs are muscular and weigh a surprising amount for their size–up to 55 lbs! A good crate for these dogs will be able to hold up if an untrained dog gets excited, and also should be strong enough to support the weight of the dog is the crate has to be moved or carried while the dog is inside. Look for thicker metal or other durable materials.
Australian Cattle Dogs were ranked by one expert as the 10th smartest dogs in the world! That means they may figure out how to open simple locks without very much trouble. A crate for these dogs should have locks more complicated than simple metal bolts–or if it does have bolts, there should be an easy means to make the lock more secure (e.g. straps or patent locks).
Although they are short-haired dogs, any crate can get hot quickly for a dog if left in a sunny area or enclosed. And your active Australian Cattle Dog may be coming home to his/her crate hot from recent exercise. Look for screens, mesh, or barred openings on either side of the crate to make sure your dog can cool off if necessary.
Waterproof and Corrosion Resistant.
Australian Cattle Dogs love to be outside in all weathers and may come back to their crates wet. For this reason, a good crate for these dogs will be corrosion resistant coated metal, or non-metal materials. A popular option is PVC or durable plastic.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Australian Cattle Dog Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Cattle Dogs