Beagles are energetic and friendly dogs who make great family pets! Beagles were also bred initially as hunting dogs, so they require much exercise and enjoy taking off on the hunt. These adept climbers can get into mischief if left alone; if they get bored, they may look to dig or even sneak into the trash.
This is why creating a comfortable home in a crate for short periods of time is essential for a beagle friend. We’ve researched the best crates for beagles; these are our top finds.
Best Dog Crates for Beagles
Here are our Beagle dog crate reviews.
2PET is a lightweight, portable and breathable crate that makes traveling with your pet a breeze! Fold-A-Crate uses innovative full-frontal zipper design that makes it difficult for the dog to chew it down. 2PET also includes a top handle that can be also used as secure it in the car with the seat belt.
- Fold-A-Crate uses a strong, yet lightweight steel tube design that can be folded/unfolded with ease.
- The steel frame is covered with a water resistant, soft Oxford 600D fabric cover that is removable and machine washable.
- Bone-shaped windows and mesh panels provide perfect ventilation.
Parpet’s heavy duty kennels is one of the strongest, most durable pet kennels. Parapet’s kennels provide a secure, private and cozy den for anxious dogs to rest while you are away. With an easy setup, this is the perfect choice to keep the escape artist dog safe and comfortable inside.
- Parapet is constructed from 20-gauge durable steel with 0.5-inch diameter strong metal bars.
- The removable strong metal tray underneath the floor grate uses a D-ring handle for fast and efficient cleaning.
The EliteField folding crate is the ultimate travel accessory for your pet. With its own carrying case, the EliteField also features an adjustable, padded strap. Three mesh doors on the top, front, and side offer sunlight and breathability.
- The crate cover is made of high quality durable 600D fabric and hex mesh fabric.
- The EliteField is 2 inches wider and 4 inches higher than most other brand 36″ soft crates, so the EliteField soft crate makes your dog feel more spacious.
- The handle and hand carrying straps on the crate feature an adjustable padded shoulder.
The Firstrax soft crate allows you to take your best friend with you anywhere you go! It’s perfect for quick trips, overnight hotel stays or a quiet safe retreat for your dog at home. Each model is constructed with a water-resistant base for quick and easy cleanup; simply clean up any pet waste wipe down the material with a stain and odor remover.
- Noz2Noz is constructed from heavy-duty tight weave mesh fabric.
- This crate is portable and sets up in seconds.
- The N2-36 measures 36″L x 24″W x 27″H when assembled and is appropriate for pets up to 70 pounds.
Petmate Sky Kennel is built to last. The kennel’s tough plastic shell and interlocking door ensure long-lasting durability. Petmate has been building exceptional pet products for over 50 years.
- This Petmate Sky Kennel includes clip-on food and water bowls and pet ID stickers.
- This hard material kennel keeps your pet safe from outside elements.
- Petmate features a four-way vault door, wire vents and 360-degree ventilation for fresh air and visibility.
Beagle Dog Crate Buying Guide
Beagles appreciate their space; these energetic dogs require a crate that offers them room and stands up to their natural hunting tendencies. When searching for the perfect crate for your Beagle, there are a few aspects that you should consider with this breed:
Beagles are high energy dogs, especially when they are younger. It’s important to find a crate with ample space if you are going to crate your beagle for any lengthy amount of time. The crate should be big enough to fit a small, washable padding or bed inside–but beware, Beagles can chew! A crate with ample space will create a safe, comforting space for your pup that they associate with pleasant feelings. Ensure that your crate is also big enough to fit a favorite toy or even has the ability to attach a water or food bowl.
Easy to Clean
You want your pet to enjoy their crate; this means that they don’t associate the crate with unpleasant odors. Even more, urine odors may encourage the pet to continual to use the crate as a restroom, so it’s important that the crate you purchase for your beagle is easy to clean. Crates that feature durable, yet washable fabrics are key. If you plan to permanently crate train your pet, it’s worth investing in a metal crate that offers a pull out cleaning tray. This makes it easier to clean up any accidents or loss crumbs from food or treats.
Durable Framing or Mesh
Despite their average to small size, Beagles are incredibly strong animals and will be motivated to find a way out if they see something they like or wish to chase after. Beagles are excellent climbers and diggers, so it’s essential to find a crate that is made of extremely durable material. If you plan on using the crate permanently in your home, look for a stainless steel crate. If you are looking to find a crate for more temporary use, like travel, make sure that the material is a durable mesh or another fabric that is anti-chew.
Beagles can take well to crate training, but the type of crate you select will go a long way in creating a safe, comfortable and pleasant space for your pet!
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Food for Beagles
- Best Dog Bed for Beagles
- Best Dog Brush for Beagles
- Best Dog Toys for Beagles
- Best Dog Collar for Beagles
- Best Dog Harness for Beagles
- Best Dog Muzzle for Beagles
- Best Dog Shampoo for Beagles