Here is a list of the top five dog crates for the Belgian Malinois to help you make an informed decision that is best for your pet.
Best Dog Crates for Belgian Malinois
Here are our Belgian Malinois dog crate reviews.
The Petsfit Portable Soft Collapsible Dog Crate is an easily collapsible crate with a solid steel frame cage. Offering plenty of ventilation for the Belgian Malinois, this crate works perfectly indoors and outdoors. It is available in three sizes, with the largest able to house a pet up to 27” and 100 pounds.
- It offers two doors and a top entrance.
- It sets up quickly without the use of tools.
- This lightweight yet sturdy crate also acts as a bed when the side is open.
The Zampa Pet Portable Crate offers multiple functionalities for your Belgian Malinois. It can be used both indoors and out serving as a training crate and travel crate. Also available in 6 smaller sizes, this large crate is lightweight, durable and offers plenty of space for your dog to move comfortably.
- This crate pops up quickly with no assembly required.
- This crate comes with a carrying case.
- Pet crate includes a video demonstrating directions for easy folding.
The Gelinzon Heavy Duty Dog Cage is made from steel that is both rust and corrosion resistant, making it suitable for indoors and outdoors. The 360-degree rotating casters on its base with locking capability allow for easy portability. Two specialty locks prevent intelligent dogs like the Belgian Malinois from escaping.
- A removable plastic tray is easy to wipe clean.
- The hardware needed for assembly is included to assemble the crate in under five minutes.
- The bold pipe slats are damage resistant and come with a three-year warranty.
The high-quality DogGoods Do Good Folding Soft Dog Crate is perfect for your Belgian Malinois. Made of a folding steel frame and durable canvas, this dog crate is also a portable travel kennel that is easy to set up. It’s interior is waterproof, while its canvas exterior is removable for easy washing.
- The foldable crate comes with blackout shades and a screen cover.
- A slide and click system makes for an easy, stable set up without the need for tools.
- With your purchase, a portion will be donated to your dog charity of choice.
Available in four sizes, the ecoFlex Pet Crate/End Table serves a dual purpose. Not only will it provide a sturdy crate for your Belgian Malinois, but it acts as a useful end table in your living area. This crate is suitable for all stages of your pet’s life.
- It is made with a composite material called ecoFLEX.
- No maintenance is required with this specialty crate.
- Three sides offer ample ventilation for your pet.
Belgian Malinois Dog Crate Buying Guide
Purchasing the appropriate crate for your Belgian Malinois requires knowledge of the breed. The Belgian Malinois is an active dog with lots of energy. It will require a crate that allows space for movement. Experts on this breed of dog suggest a crate between 42” and 48” to allow your dog to be comfortable. Before you invest in a crate, there are some things to consider.
The Belgian Malinois is considered a large breed. Though a puppy will be smaller, an adult can grow to approximately 24 inches. When you consider the crate you will buy to accommodate your pet, you’ll need to decide if you will purchase many crates or just one.
If you purchase crates for multiple sizes, you will be able to provide the desired amount of space for each stage of life. With a one-size-fits-all approach, you might buy the largest size crate available and allow your dog to grow into it. The latter of these two options may be more cost-effective.
Cost VS Material
The largest crate sizes these brands have to offer range in price from $84.99 to $239.99 depending on the structure and materials used in the design. Generally, the crates made of specialty composite materials or stainless steel cost more but tend to be more indestructible.
Think about your dog’s surroundings. While warm areas may require more ventilation, colder areas might require your crate to have covers or drop-down panels for added warmth.
Consider how many crates you will need If you only need one crate at home, or are opting for one that is portable, you may be able to rationalize paying more than if you need to buy multiple crates for various locations.
If you plan on traveling with your Belgian Malinois, you will want a crate that collapses for transport or disassembles easily. You’ll also want to check a pet safety website or your veterinarian to find out which crates pass a crash test.
Similarly, if you plan on taking your pet on air travel, individual airline carriers should be able to provide you with size and weight limits for dog crates.
Time Spent in the Crate
How long do you plan on leaving your Belgian Malinois in a crate? Soft-sided, collapsible crates are best for short amounts of time, as they are more easily escaped by clever dogs. If your dog will be spending all day in a crate, you will need to purchase a sturdier plastic or wire crate that is considered indestructible.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Belgian Malinois
- Best Puppy Food for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Bed for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Brush for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Toys for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Collar for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Harness for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Muzzle for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Shampoo for Belgian Malinois