After thorough research, I have found the top five recommended dog crates that are made for comfort, travel and ease. Under each item will be a short summary of why that product is one of the best with three main features underneath that. At the bottom of the article is a buying guide, should you choose to use it, with more information about the various dog crates on the market.
Best Dog Crates for Bichon Frise
Here are our Bichon Frise dog crate reviews.
1. Petnation Small Dog Crate
The Petnation Small Dog Crate is made from high quality mesh for a durable, but light weight dog crate for your Bichon Frise. There is no assembly required, just set it up or take it down whenever you need it. The crate comes in a variety of sizes for most any dog breed that you may have.
- Mesh material is high quality and sturdy for long years of use
- No assembly required, fabric is comfortable for your pup
- Various sizes and colors for you to choose from
2. Amazon Basics Folding Dog Crate
The Amazon Basics Folding Dog Crate is made from the softest and sturdiest material to give your Bichon Frise a comfortable place to lay. With two doors, one on top and one on the front, this crate is easy to get your pup in and out of. The crate is made with a PVC frame and polyester fabrics, the set up takes seconds.
- Dog crate is both soft and sturdy for your dog’s comfort while on the go
- Two doors for an easy load up and get out for your pup
- Frame uses PVC pipe and is made from quality polyester
3. 2PET Foldable Dog Crate
The 2PET Foldable Dog Crate is made sturdy for either indoor or outdoor use, with steel tubes for frame and oxford fabric for your Bichon Frise’s comfort. The cover is removable and washable for an easy clean for busy owners. All sides have mesh windows for the perfect ventilation on hot days.
- Good for indoor or outdoor use, sturdy and comfortable
- Removable cover is great for washing, throw in machine and you’re done
- Mesh windows on all sides for ventilation no matter the weather
4. Go Pet Club Soft Dog Crate
The Go Pet Club Soft Dog Crate is made with mesh windows to give your Bichon Frise a nice breeze on those hot days out. The materials is sturdy but light weight for traveling purposes and makes on the go walks easier. A brown sheepskin mat is included to place on bottom of crate for added comfort and cleanliness.
- Mesh windows allow for breathability on hot days
- Sturdy but light weight material, great for travel and walks
- Sheepskin mat is included for extra comfort and cleanliness
5. Henkelion Soft Dog Crate
The Henkelion Soft Dog Crate can be used for any small breed of dog or cat, making it great for multi pet owners and owners of Bichon Frise. The design is collapsible for an easy mount up and get out experience for your pup. The bag has two connecting loup handles, making it an easy and balanced dog crate for your dog.
- Great for cats or dogs that are small, perfect for pet parents of both breeds
- Collapsible and soft to the touch for your pup’s comfort while in it
- Two shoulder loups for easier carrying at airports or vets
Bichon Frise Dog Crate Buyer’s Guide
There are thousands of different dog crates appropriate for the Bichon Frise, but the above five stuck out in the sea of options to me. There are many different metal or wire crates for dogs out there, but I and many other pet owners, prefer the softer carriers and dog crates for our furry friends. The above are only some of the many options available to you. I will go over some of the terms you will see while shopping for your dog crate, and why you would want each feature.
When you travel a lot it is important to get a dog crate that is light weight, especially if you are going to a place where you will be standing a lot or won’t want to put your furry friend down. The difference between light, medium or heavy dog crates may not seem like much when you only hold them for a minute but once you’re holding it for half an hour every ounce is magnified.
Soft Crates are the ones that are collapsible or shiftable in material. Hard Dog Crates are generally made of things such as metal or wood while the Soft Crates are polyester, nylon, mesh or other such materials. I prefer Soft Crates because they feel more comfortable on my hand so they must be more comfy for my dog to relax in.
Shoulder Loups are nice when you have to go to places such as the vet or an airplane. Usually the loups are made to interconnect and make for balancing the dog crate easy on your shoulders. When you buy a dog crate with Shoulder Loups be sure to check the fabric on them as if it is abrasive it will cut into your shoulder after a few minutes of use.
Collapsible Dog Crates are awesome for travel or someone who has little space. Whenever you finish using it, you can fold it up and put it into storage without taking up too much space. Great for car rides, you can either open the crate and keep it on the seat or close it and slide it under your seat.
Mesh Windows are a must when you live in a hot or muggy area. The mesh allows for added breathability while out on walks, going to places in the car, or just sitting at the vet. If your pup is long haired then it is even more important, but it is still a nice asset for short haired too.
If you have a Bichon Frise who refuses to cooperate when you try to get them into the dog crate then multiple openings may be the fix for you. Usually one of the openings is at the top, making it easy to slide your dog in with little to no fuss before sliding the top back into place.
Having a Dog Crate with a Removable Cover is a fantastic time saver, even if the cover isn’t machine washable if you have ever had to try to clean a dog crate cover without it being removable you know how nice this is. Trying to wash a cover while it is on the crate is near impossible without breaking it.
These are the peak of ease for cleaning. Not only are they removable, but all you have to do is throw the cover into the washing machine and done. Bichon Frise are known for their shedding and if you pair this product with a softener for pet hair it will be a dream come true.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Food for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Bed for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Brush for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Toys for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Collar for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Harness for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bichon Frise
- Best Puppy Food for Bichon Frise