Below are the top five recommended dog crates for Border Collies, each with a short item description to explain why that product made the line up. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various dog crates and features your Border Collie may need.
Best Dog Crates for Border Collies
Here are our Border Collie dog crate reviews.
The MidWest Homes For Pets Large Dog Crate is a single or double door design for you to choose from for your Border Collie. The removable waste tray makes cleaning easier on you. With attachable wheels, the dog crate makes moving your Border Collie easy and saves your floors wear and tear.
- Single or double door design available for your choosing
- Waste tray is removable for easy cleaning
- Attachable wheels make moving and cleaning easier
The AmazonBasics Large Metal Dog Crate comes with the choice of single or double door for your Border Collie. The two sliding bolts make the crate more secure against furry Houdini’s who love to escape. The easy removable waste tray makes cleaning easier on you, just remove, rinse, and put back.
- Single or double door options for your choosing
- Sliding bolts make the crate harder to escape from, great for Border Collies how are escape artists
- Removable waste tray makes cleaning easy
The New World Crates Large Dog Crate is made with the highest quality of metal for a durable and long lasting design for your Border Collie. The folding design makes travel and storage easy on you, just fold the crate down and you’re ready to go. The sliding bolts make the crate perfect for escape artist Border Collies.
- Metal is quality for a durable and sturdy dog crate
- Folding crate makes storage and travel a breeze
- Crate is great for escape artists with sliding bolts
The Carlson Pet Products Large Metal Dog Crate is made with a folding design to make storage and travel easier on you and your Border Collie. The metal is a sturdy steel for a durable dog crate for your Border Collie. The waste tray is removable and washable for your cleaning convenience.
- Folding dog crate is good for travel or storage
- Sturdy steel dog crate is durable and made to last
- Removable and easily washable waste tray
The Petmate Precision Pet Large Dog Crate is made with two doors, making it perfect for Border Collies who don’t like entering through the front entrance. The collapsible design makes storing and traveling with the crate easy. With a five point door lock system, this crate is perfect for your escape artist Border Collie.
- Double door design is great for picky puppies
- Folding dog crate is great for storage and travel
- Escape proof dog crate is perfect for owners of furry Houdinis
Border Collie Dog Crate Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different options available to you. Each one has its own list of features that would make it nice for your Border Collie and your convenience. Before you buy a dog crate you should always measure your dog to be sure the crate you buy meets all of your Border Collie’s needs. They should be able to sit, stand and move around a bit in their crate. Now we will go over the various features you may find in your Border Collie’s crate.
Have you ever tried to move some of the heavier duty crates? With or without your Border Collie in it, it is a hassle. It can scratch up your wood floors, it is exhausting, all in all it is just a lot of work. Having a dog crate with attachable wheels completely negates the problem. You can move the crate as needed without straining yourself or your floors.
Do you have a Border Collie that doesn’t like backing into crates or entering through the usually small door? This is common in many breeds and having a crate with a top opening entrance solves your problem. All you have to do is open it, let your Border Collie jump in, and you’re done. No more hassle with getting them settled in their crates.
Removable Waste Tray
Anyone who has had to clean a dog crate without a removable tray knows how aggravating it can be. Trying to squeeze your body into the small space is never easy and trying to reach certain areas to clean is a hassle. This is why having a removable tray on your Border Collie’s dog crate is so nice. Just remove it, hose it down, let it dry and put it back. Then you’re done!
Having a folding dog crate for your Border Collie is always a nice feature to have. This makes it where anytime the crate isn’t in use, you can fold it up and put it away. This is perfect for when you live in a small house or apartment and don’t have room for the crate fully set up. It also makes traveling easier on you, just fold the crate up and you’re ready to go.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Border Collies
- Best Dog Bed for Border Collies
- Best Dog Brush for Border Collies
- Best Dog Toys for Border Collies
- Best Dog Collar for Border Collies
- Best Dog Harness for Border Collies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Border Collies
- Best Dog Shampoo for Border Collies
- Best Puppy Food for Border Collies