Do you own a Chesapeake Bay Retriever and need to buy a dog crate for them? Are you overwhelmed with all the options on the market and don’t know which one of the hundreds available to buy? This is a common problem when buying a dog crate for your Chesapeake Bay Retriever and the dog product industry has the one that will fit all of your needs.
Below are the top five recommended dog crates for your Chesapeake Bay Retriever and short item descriptions along each product to explain why you would want to buy it. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various dog crates on the market and the features your Chesapeake Bay Retriever would love.
Best Dog Crates for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
Here are our Chesapeake Bay Retriever dog crate reviews.
The AmazonBasics Metal Dog Crate is made with an easy folding design to make storage or travel easier on you and your Chesapeake Bay Retriever. With the option of a single or double door, you can choose which your pup would like more. The removable waste tray is nice when it comes time to clean the crate.
- Folding design is great for travel or storage in small houses
- Single or double door options
- Removable waste tray is nice for cleaning time
The EliteField Indoor/Outdoor Dog Crate is made with three doors to give your Chesapeake Bay Retriever a choice for how they want to enter the crate. With mesh windows on all sides, this crate has excellent ventilation. The frame is made from a strong steel tubing and the fabric is equally as durable for your Chesapeake Bay Retriever’s needs.
- Three openings for your dog to choose from
- Mesh windows off breathability on hot days
- Steel tube frame a sturdy fabric cover
The Noz2Noz Soft Dog Crate is made to fold down and pop back up for easy storage and travel with your Chesapeake Bay Retriever. The mesh windows offer your dog a nice and breathable dog crate. The heavy duty fabric is good for either indoor or outdoor uses, making it perfect for camping.
- Folds down and pops up for easy storage
- Mesh windows gives your Chesapeake Bay Retriever a breathable crate
- Heavy duty fabric makes camping or traveling easy
The New Age Wood Dog Crate can also serve as a stylish end table for your living room while allowing your Chesapeake Bay Retriever to relax. The spindles are made of stainless steel tubing for a durable and aesthetically pleasing look. The assembly is easy and requires no tools to set up.
- Wood dog crate looks nice and is functional
- Bars are made from steel for durability
- Easy to assemble with no tools required
The Casual Home Wood Dog Crate is made with a single or double door design for you to choose what you think your Chesapeake Bay Retriever would prefer. The crate is designed to appear like an end table to give extra storage space. The assembly is easy and takes minutes, no extra tools required.
- Single or double door design options available
- Designed to be an end table as well as a dog crate
- Easy assembly, no extra tools and done in minutes
Chesapeake Bay Retriever Dog Crate Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different options available to you and they all have their own benefits for your Chesapeake Bay Retriever. When buying a dog crate for your Chesapeake Bay Retriever it is important that you measure your pup carefully and then compare their size to the dog crate sizing guide for that brand. Your Chesapeake Bay Retriever should be able to stand, sit and lay down comfortably in their crate. This also lowers the risk of buying a crate that is too small for your furry friend. Now we will go over the various features you may want in your Chesapeake Bay Retriever’s dog crate.
Anyone who has tried to move a dog crate with their Chesapeake Bay Retriever in it knows how difficult it can be to shift. Having attachable wheels on your dog crate can completely negate this hassle and make moving the crate easy. If you have wood floors and worry about scratching them up then this is the feature for you.
Removable Waste Tray
Having a removable waste tray on your Chesapeake Bay Retriever’s dog crate is a great thing that lowers the amount of time it takes you to clean out their crate. It also makes cleaning considerably easier on you. Instead of having to crawl into the crate and try to spot clean what you can reach, this tray allows you to slide it out, hose it down, and put it back. You’re done!
Multiple Entrances/Top Entrance
Does your Chesapeake Bay Retriever loathe backing into dog crates or entering their small doors? Some dog crates are made with top openings or multiple doors to give your pup options on how they want to enter the crate. The top entrance is especially nice since they can just jump in and you’re ready to go.
Rust Resistant Metal
When you have a dog crate that is made of metal it is important to find one that the metal is rust resistant. Sometimes your Chesapeake Bay Retriever may chew on the bars or lick them and if they are covered in rust then they can become sick. Weather resistant metal is another feature to look for in metal dog crates.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Food for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Bed for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Brush for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Toys for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Collar for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Harness for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers