A crate is an important piece of basic equipment for any Corgi owner. Since they are so intelligent and curious, it is always a wise decision to keep them confined while alone. When traveling, a crate is essential to keep them safe and secure during travel and movement.
In our guide, we will show you the best crates available for your Corgi, and what makes each one special. In the end, our buyer’s guide will help simplify the task of choosing a crate for your furry friend that is both comfortable and secure.
Best Dog Crates For Corgis
Here are our Corgi dog crate reviews.
The MidWest Homes for Pets iCrate Dog Crate is a super sturdy folding metal dog crate that is built to keep your Corgi safe and secure in your absence. The crate is designed with both a single and double door model, for easy entry and exit. The two heavy-duty slide-bolt latches keep your pup securely confined.
- Includes 4 rubber feet to protect flooring and allow easy crate movement
- Floor tray pulls out for easy cleaning of any messes
- Sets up and folds flat in seconds without tools, for easy storage
The MidWest Life Stages Dog Crate is similar to the iCrate model, but made from a heavier gauge metal with closer wire spacing, for more rambunctious Corgis. It comes in a double or single door model, so it can be positioned in the most convenient way for your home. Each door has dual heavy-duty slide-bolt latches to keep the doors securely shut and locked.
- Includes divider panel, floor tray, and rubber feet
- Rounded corner clips reduce sharp points for additional safety
- Provides a safe place for your Corgi to “den” while you’re away, or while stressed or tired
The EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate is a versatile indoor and outdoor folding soft side crate. It is constructed from durable 600D oxford fabric and hex mesh fabric. The front, top, and side doors are roll-up mesh for easy access and unbeatable ventilation and visibility.
- Includes a free carrying bag and fleece bed
- Hand straps and adjustable shoulder strap provide many carrying options
- Folds to just 3” flat for storage and transport
The Petmate Sky Kennel Pet Carrier is a premium travel crate for your companion. The crate is designed for travel and durability, and keeps your Corgi safe and secure at home and away. The four-way vault door provides extra security and stability.
- Ideal for dogs who are already crate trained
- Includes 2 ‘Live Animal’ stickers and clip-on food bowl
- Assembles with easy to use non-corrodible wing nuts
The Merry Products Crate is a stylish and secure crate for your Corgi. It is designed to easily blend in with your home decor and act as both the crate and an end table. The panels are constructed from MDF and solid wood veneer, surrounding the powder-coated steel crate.
- Includes plastic floor pan to contain any messes and ease clean up
- Wood veneer table design allows usage of the space that would normally be lost by a standard crate in the home
- The crate can be used without wooden surrounds for portability
Corgi Dog Crate Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a crate for your Corgi, there are a few things to consider. You should consider what purpose the crate will primarily serve, as this will dictate what type of crate you’ll need. You should also keep in mind the size that your Corgi will end up being because you certainly won’t want a crate that your pup will grow out of.
Firstly, the purpose that the crate will serve is an important consideration. If you are working on crate training for a puppy, you should stick to foldable wire crates or a plastic shell crate, as these will be the most durable and easiest to clean. If your dog has already been crate trained, and you simply need a crate for use at home, you can consider any of the traditional styles.
If you plan to do significant traveling, make sure you consider what kind of travel you’ll be doing. Crates suitable for air travel will generally be plastic shell crates with wire doors, but if you’ll be traveling largely by car, a soft-sided crate can increase the long term comfort while still keeping your friend confined in the vehicle. A more nervous Corgi may need a rigid crate if they become anxious in the car, however.
The size of your dog is the other concern. If you have a puppy, you may want to consider a wire crate with a divider, so that the living space can grow with them. If you’re needing to replace an existing crate for your adult dog, any crate between 30 and 36 inches long should suffice. While the bodies of Corgis generally don’t get that long, they do like to lay on their bellies with their legs flat out behind them, which will require some additional length to ensure their comfort.
Corgi Dog Crate Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has helped you to begin choosing an effective dog crate for your Corgi. As long as you take into account the purpose the crate will be serving and what stage of life you need the crate for, you should be in a position to make a well-educated decision on which crate is best for you and your canine companion.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Food for Corgis
- Best Dog Bed for Corgis
- Best Dog Brush for Corgis
- Best Dog Toys for Corgis
- Best Dog Collar for Corgis
- Best Dog Harness for Corgis
- Best Dog Muzzle for Corgis
- Best Dog Shampoo for Corgis