Our guide will show you the best dog crates available, and what features make each one special or useful. In the end, our buyer’s guide will help simplify your final choice and inspire you to provide a cozy den for your Dachshund.
Best Dog Crates For Dachshunds
Here are our Dachshund dog crate reviews.
1. AmazonBasics Folding Metal Dog Crate
The AmazonBasics Folding Metal Dog Crate is a sturdy metal wire crate. It is constructed from durable heavy-gauge metal wire for premium strength, visibility, and breathability. It is designed to be able to fold flat without the use of tools, for both portability and storage.
- Available in a single or double door style for optimal access options
- The optional divider can be used to limit access and allow the living space to grow with your puppy
- Integrated handle on the top that makes moving the crate easy
2. MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate
The MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate is a heavy-duty metal wire crate. For optimal safety, all corners are rounded, and the door is firmly secured with a heavy slide bolt latch. The crate can fold flat quickly if you need to transport or store it.
- Four “roller” feet protect floors from scratches and damage
- The metal construction has a durable E-Coat finish for durability and rust resistance
- Includes a free divider to keep your growing puppy confined to an appropriate amount of space, and a removable, washable plastic floor pan to catch any messes or accidents
3. Petmate Two Door
The Petmate Two Door is a durable plastic crate with a unique top-load door for easy access and interaction. It is designed with an ergonomic comfort-grip handle and well-ventilated sides and back for great breathability and visibility.
- Available in two sizes to match the needs of your Dachshund
- Meets most airline cargo specs
- Four colors available to fit your style and taste
4. EliteField Soft Dog Crate
The EliteField Soft Dog Crate is a soft-sided indoor and outdoor folding crate. It is constructed with an extra-strong tubular steel frame, with a durable, lightweight, and stylish 600D and hex mesh fabric. Designed with three doors located on the top, front, and side, for great visibility and air circulation.
- No tools needed to fold down or set up, and the process only takes a few minutes
- Includes a free carrying bag and fleece bed, to make this crate ready for the road
- Designed with a handle, hand carrying straps, and even a padded shoulder strap for ultimate portability
5. AmazonBasics Folding Soft Dog Pet Crate
The AmazonBasics Folding Soft Dog Pet Crate is a super lightweight soft-sided crate for your Doxie. It is constructed with a PVC frame and durable polyester fabric. It is designed to fold down and pop up in just seconds and without using any tools.
- The doors have secure zipper closures and straps to keep them rolled up and out of the way
- Ideal for an away-from-home crate for already crate trained dogs
- Two doors and mesh windows allow excellent visibility and ventilation
Dachshund Dog Crate Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a crate for your Dachshund, there are some considerations to keep in mind when making your final decision. First and foremost, you should consider if you are crate training a dog or puppy, or confining a dog that is already trained. The other consideration is whether or not you plan on taking the crate with you if and when you travel with your dog.
If you are going through the initial crate training with your puppy or dog, then you will almost certainly want to limit your choices to a foldable metal or hard plastic crate. The benefits of both are resistance to chewing, and ease of cleaning. A foldable metal crate will usually have a divider available to limit the available space for your pup, so they don’t potty at one end of the crate and sleep at the other. They will also include a removable floor pan for the eventual accident or mess, that can simply be slid out and cleaned off. Metal crates are also nearly impervious to chewing damage, which is a common pastime for new puppies or puppies and dogs not used to being confined. Hard plastic crates are also useful, in that while they generally cannot limit the interior size, they are extremely easy to clean in the event of an accident or mess. Just remove the dog, and wipe or hose them out.
The other factor to consider is whether you’ll be taking the crate with you when you travel. If you will be traveling by air, and are unable to use a carry-on bag for your pup, you should definitely choose a hard plastic crate that is approved for air travel. These crates are also lightweight and can function wonderfully as a full-time home crate. Folding metal crates, while foldable and portable, are much heavier than plastic or soft-sided crates. The ideal travel crates are the soft-sided models. They are extremely lightweight, easy to carry, and function well indoors and outdoors. They are, however, generally only suited to dogs that have established crate training behavior, because as they are usually nylon or polyester fabric, they will not hold up very long to determined chewers.
Dachshund Dog Crate Review Conclusion
We hope our guide has helped you narrow down your selections of crate choices for your Dachshund. As long as you keep in mind your dog’s crate training level, and any possible travel or portability needs you have, you will be in a great position to make a well-educated decision on a crate that fits your needs and that your Doxie will love.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Food for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Harness for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Bed for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Brush for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Toys for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Collar for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Dachshunds
- Best Puppy Food for Dachshunds