Best Dog Crate for Dalmatians
Here are our dog crate for Dalmatians reviews.
The EliteField Folding Soft Dog Crate is a great choice for its indoor/outdoor versatility, strength and comfort. Your Dalmatian will love the cozy feel of this soft-sided folding crate that you can take with you on all your adventures.
- Fleece bed insert included
- Four mesh doors with curtains provide space or privacy
- Soft-sided mesh with steel-tube frame
The Petmate Vari Kennel is a durable molded plastic kennel that is perfect for pups who do not like to be left alone. This option provides a cozy sense of security with plenty of ventilation for home or travel use.
- Made with heavy duty recycled plastic material
- Features easy-open front latch
- Metal screws and plastic fasteners for no-tool assembly
The MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate is a very popular basic folding metal dog crate, available with either a single or double door with slide-bolt latches. This simple and economical choice is a perfect first crate for your Dalmatian, as the size can be adjusted with the divider panel as he grows.
- Roller feet to protect floors
- Plastic tray for easy cleaning
- Available in pink, blue or black
The Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate is an end-table style crate that gives your Dalmatian a cozy, stylish place to hang out. This wooden crate is a great alternative to the standard metal or plastic crates, as it blends into your home’s décor.
- Lockable gate door for security
- Open side slats and door for ventilation
- Available in five neutral colors
The James & Steel My Pet Dog Crate is a fun, brightly colored crate made with durable and lightweight metal. Two double-latched doors ensure your Dalmatian is safe and secure when you are not around.
- Folds easily for storage and transport
- Removable tray for easy cleaning
- Available in five bright colors
Dog Crate for Dalmatians Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a crate for your Dalmatian is important as he may end up spending a lot of time in it and, at first, he may not necessarily want to. So, take the time to make it cozy and comfortable for him, so he enjoys hanging out in there. Choose a crate that is large enough for him to move around, but not too large that he has room to eliminate on one side and sleep on the other. Add a special blanket or cushion, and perhaps a chew toy or two to keep him happy and occupied. Keep in mind that dogs do not like to be alone for long periods of time, so try to limit how long your pup is kept in his crate.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog crates for Dalmatians on the market so you can choose the right one for your pup. The following features are considerations you should make and will help you to choose which features you need on a crate for your Dalmatian.
Size and Fit
Dalmatians will generally need a crate that is at least 36 inches in length and 27 inches in height. Depending on the brand, this could mean a medium or a large. Don’t forget to consider the height of the cushion or foam if you are adding one. Always measure your pup and add at least three inches in each direction to ensure he has space to move around comfortably. Too much space is not a good idea either, so take the time to find the perfect fit. Always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for size. If you have a Dalmatian puppy, consider getting a crate with an adjustable divider, so you can increase the crate’s size as he grows.
Materials & Style
Most Dalmatians are not aggressive, but they can be destructive if they are bored or have too much energy. So, choose a crate with durable materials, such as metal bars, molded plastic or heavy-duty nylon with steel tubing. Wood is a great option as well and may blend into your home’s décor nicely. Materials should be easy to clean, and ideally have a plastic pan for dropped food or accidents. Since Dalmatians do not like to be left alone, they may prefer a cozier, closed-in feel so that they can’t see what they are missing out on. That means a crate with less visibility, or you can purchase a cover that can be placed over the crate when it’s time to relax.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Dalmatians
- Best Puppy Food for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Bed for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Brush for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Toys for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Collar for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Harness for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Muzzle for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Shampoo for Dalmatians
- Best Training Book for Dalmatians