Best Dog Crate for Finnish Lapphunds
Here are our dog crate for Finnish Lapphund reviews.
The MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate is a very popular basic folding metal dog crate, available with either a single or double door. This economical choice is a perfect first crate for your Finnish Lapphund, as the size can be adjusted with the divider panel as your pup grows.
- Roller feet to protect floors
- Plastic tray for easy cleaning
- Available in pink, blue or black
The Arf Pets Soft Crate Kennel is perfect for keeping your Lappie cozy at home or on the road. This soft-sided folding crate has three roll-up windows and an all-steel frame construction. This crate is perfect for Lappies who are already crate-trained.
- Ventilated mesh cover for visibility and air flow
- Top, front or side entry options
- Water resistant base and machine-washable cover
The SmithBuilt Heavy Duty Dog Crate is a super durable option if your Finnish Lapphund is an excessive chewer or flight risk. This commercial grade steel crate features a ¾” frame with 20-gauge welded steel tubes.
- Coating is rust and corrosion resistant
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Removable pan included
The PetGear “The Other Door” Dog Crate is a unique four-door crate with a steel frame and molded plastic rounded corners safety and durability. The side door works like a garage door creating a large, open space for your Finnish Lapphund to relax.
- Soft comfort pad included
- Built-in handle and wheels for mobility
- Includes storage bag for transport
The Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate gives your Finnish Lapphund a stylish place to call home. This wooden side-table crate is a great alternative to the standard metal or plastic crates, as it blends into your home’s décor, while giving your pup a safe and comfortable place to sleep and hang out.
- Lockable gate door for security
- Open side slats and door for ventilation
- Available in five neutral colors
Dog Crate for Finnish Lapphund Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a crate for your Finnish Lapphund can be tricky because the style you choose depends ultimately on your specific pup and his personality. While most Lappies are calm and submissive, they do not like to be left alone in a crate. If they are not trained at a young age, they may resist crate-training and try to escape or chew their crate. Once they get used to it, your Finnish Lapphund will love his cozy home within your home, so take the time to acclimate him to his new home, and don’t forget the treats and toys!
Our buying guide reviews the best dog crates for Finnish Lapphunds on the market so you can choose the right one for your pup. The following features are considerations you should make and will help you to choose which features you need on a crate for your Finnish Lapphund.
Size and Fit
Finnish Lapphunds are fairly standard in size, so a crate that measures 36 inches in length and 24 inches in height should be good for most dogs in this breed. Depending on the brand, a medium or large crate for dogs up to at least 50 pounds should work. Always measure your pup and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for size. Be sure to add several inches in each direction to ensure your Lappie can comfortably move around. Be sure to add in the height of your bed or mattress, if you are adding one to make him comfortable. If you have a Finnish Lapphund puppy, consider getting a crate with an adjustable divider, so you can increase the crate’s size as he grows.
Materials & Style
A standard metal crate is best for most Finnish Lapphunds, as it is durable and allows them maximum visibility. In general, the more your sociable Lappie can see, the better. Not to mention, he needs plenty of ventilation to keep him cool because of his heavy coat. A metal crate or durable molded plastic crate is best for initial training, as it will withstand some wear and tear. Once your pup is crate-trained, you can move him into a soft-sided or wooden crate. Materials should be easy to clean, and ideally have a plastic pan for dropped food or accidents.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Brush for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Training Book for Finnish Lapphunds