Best Dog Crate for Finnish Spitz
Here are our dog crate for Finnish Spitz reviews.
The AmazonBasics Single-Door Folding Metal Crate is a very popular basic folding metal dog crate, available with either a single or double door. This economical crate comes with a divider panel so you can adjust its size as your Finnish Spitz grows.
- Roller feet to protect floors
- Plastic tray for easy cleaning
- Available in pink, blue or black
The Petnation Port-A-Crate is an indoor and outdoor crate for your Finnish Spitz. This soft-sided crate is durable, lightweight and portable for a comfortable option at home or while travelling.
- Mesh fabric panels with steel frame
- Top and front entry doors
- Multiple screened windows for ventilation
The PetGear “The Other Door” Dog Crate is a unique four-door crate with a steel frame and molded plastic rounded corners safety and durability. The side door works like a garage door creating a large, open space for your Finkie to relax.
- Soft comfort pad included
- Built-in handle and wheels for mobility
- Includes storage bag for transport
The Petmate Ruffmaxx Dog Kennel is a versatile plastic crate that can be used indoors, outdoors or while travelling. The heavy-duty plastic construction offers strength and security for your Finnish Spitz, anywhere he goes.
- Carrying handle for easy transport
- Metal door with squeeze latch is easy to use
- Ventilated sides for 360-degree visibility and air flow
The Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate is a stylish alternative to the standard metal and plastic crates. This wooden crate doubles as a side table, while providing a safe and comfortable place for your Finnish Spitz to sleep and hang out.
- Lockable gate door for security
- Open side slats and door for ventilation
- Available in five neutral colors
Dog Crate for Finnish Spitz Buyer’s Guide
Finding the right crate for your Finnish Spitz is important, because this breed typically does not like to be locked in. This hunting breed is used to roaming freely outside and may need a bit of convincing to spend any time in a crate. That being said, a good quality crate is the first step in creating a cozy environment your Finnish Spitz will look forward to hanging out in. Add a cozy cushion, some treats and a flavored chew toy and Voila! Your Finnish Spitz is a crate convert. Like any dog, try to limit the time your keep your pup in a crate, for safety and comfort.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog crates for Finnish Spitz’ on the market so you can choose the right one for your pup. The following features are considerations you should make and will help you to choose which features you need on a crate for your Finnish Spitz.
Size and Fit
Depending on the brand of the crate and your particular Finnish Spitz, a medium size will work best most of the time. At maturity, your Finkie will measure up to 20 inches in height, about the same in length, and will reach a weight of about 25 to 30 pounds. Add three to four inches in each direction to make sure he has sufficient room to move around comfortably. Do not choose a crate that is too large, as he will be able to eliminate at one end and sleep at the other. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines on size when choosing the right crate.
It is unlikely your Finnish Spitz will be aggressive enough to chew or destroy his crate, so choose one that fits your personal preferences, in terms of style. One choice is a soft-sided crate, made from heavy-duty nylon with a steel frame. This is a good choice as it is lightweight, but still offers secure windows and doors. A standard folding metal crate is a popular option, but consider adding a soft cushion and lightweight cover, for a sense of comfort and security when you are away. Plastic hard-sided crates are also great if you plan to travel with your pup and are easy to clean. Finally, wooden crates offer a nice alternative, as they are comfortable and blend in with your home décor. Materials should be easy to clean, and ideally have a plastic pan for dropped food or accidents.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Brush for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Spitz
- Best Training Book for Finnish Spitz