Do you own a German Shepherd and need to find the perfect dog crate for them, but all the ones you can find look too small or uncomfortable? No worries, the pet industry has dog crates for breed sizes all the way up to Great Dane. Before purchasing any dog crate you should always measure your German Shepherd, this makes for less chance of ordering the wrong product size.
The German Shepherd should be able to get up, sit, and move around comfortably in the crate. Below are the top five recommended dog crates for German Shepherds and each item will have a short summary to give you a better idea of why you would want that bed.
Best Dog Crates for German Shepherds
Here are our German Shepherd dog crate reviews.
The AmazonBasics Metal Dog Crate is made with the highest quality of metal to ensure your German Shepherd’s dog crate is sturdy enough. The crate folds down flat for easy traveling and storage purposes. The removable compost tray makes cleaning much easier on you, especially for training puppies.
- Made from high quality metal to ensure durability
- Crate folds down easily, perfect for storage in the house
- Compost tray is removable for easy clean up of house breaking German Shepherds
The MidWest Metal Dog Crate is designed with two doors for your German Shepherd who doesn’t like backing into the crate. The crate comes with a removable waste tray and a set of wheels to make moving the crate easy. The assembly is designed to be quick and easy for you.
- Two doors for your German Shepherd to choose from
- Comes with removable tray and wheels for your convenience
- Assembly is quick and easy with all parts included
The EliteField Soft Dog Crate has three exits for your German Shepherd to choose from, for those picky pups. With the sturdy steel frame and durable fabric cover, this dog crate is perfect for your furry friend. With mesh windows on all sides, this crate is great for hot or humid living areas.
- Three doors for dogs who don’t like to back into crates
- Sturdy steel frame and tough cover for a durable dog crate
- Your German Shepherd will love the breathability of this crate’s windows
The BestPet Metal Dog Crate is made with double door design for bigger breeds such as the German Shepherd to easily exit the crate. The compost tray is fully removable and easy to clean for your convenience. With easy assembly, this dog crate is quick to put up and easy to take down.
- Double door design is great for bigger dog breeds, such as German Shepherds
- Compost tray removes easily for your cleaning convenience
- Easy assembly makes for a quick and painless set up
The AmazonBasics Soft Dog Crate is made with a top door for those German Shepherds who don’t like backing into crates. There are mesh windows on all sides for the perfect breathability on hot summer days. The PVC frame and polyester fabric cover are sturdy and easy to clean for your convenience.
- Top door entrance to lift in trouble makers
- Mesh windows that your German Shepherd will love during hot days
- Sturdy frame and tough fabric make for a great dog crate
German Shepherd Dog Crate Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products there are many different types of dog crates for your German Shepherd for you to choose from. Each one has its own features that you may find useful, while others may be useless to you. I will go on to explain some of the more common terms and why you would want them.
This feature is important, if you live in a hot or humid area then it is almost vital. Your German Shepherd needs to be able to breath and get enough air flow to cool them off. Having mesh windows on each wall gives them a perfect cross breeze.
Metal/Wood Dog Crate
Metal or Wood Dog Crates are what many people call Hard Crates. Many people avoid these because they look uncomfortable for their dog, but they are great for larger breeds such as German Shepherds who have more strength to throw around.
Soft Dog Crate
Soft Dog Crates are generally made from steel or PVC pipe frames and then covered by fabric to make a comfortable dog crate for your German Shepherd. When buying a soft dog crate you need to be extra sure that it will be able to fit your dog comfortably. If you have a larger than average German Shepherd then you might want to go with a hard crate, for their comfort.
These covers are nice for their cleaning ease. If you’ve ever tried to clean a cover that wasn’t removable you know the struggle these save you from. When buying a dog crate with a removable cover you should be sure to check the washing instructions before throwing it in the washing machine. Some are only handwash, which is still easier than spot cleaning, but if you throw a delicate cover into the wash it can destroy it.
If you are potty training a German Shepherd then this is one of the biggest features to look for. The removable bottom or tray makes it easy to clean up after their accidents. Take it out, wash it off, and put it back. Easy as that and you don’t have to buy puppy pads!
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Food for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for German Shepherds