After a long day, the only thing that might probably be on your mind might be to curl up and take a good nap. The truth is, it’s not any different with your German Shorthaired Pointer. You would, of course, want a place where your German Shorthaired Pointer can comfortably splay out without being disturbed. That’s where a crate comes to play.
For your GSP, its crate is beyond a sleeping space. It is its comfort zone. And hence, you want to get something that will fit its large size perfectly.
Best Dog Crates for German Shorthaired Pointers
Here is our dog crate for German Shorthaired Pointers Review.
MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate is an awesome crate for German Shorthaired Pointers. It can also serve as a comfortable housetraining tool. It has two heavy-duty slide-bolt latches to lock the crate. It features a no-tools setup for easy assembly. Its divider panel helps to adjust the size of the crate.
- Roller feet protect your floor from scrapes
- Foldable construction to allow for portability and easy storage
- Divider panel for adjusting crate to fit your German Shorthaired Pointer’s size
MidWest Life Stages Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate is another dog crate your canine friend will sure fall in love with. Its dimensions are 48L x 30W x 33H inches, thereby making it suitable for large dogs like your German Shorthaired Pointer. Its patented rounded corner clips eliminate any possibility of injury to your dog, as is usually the case with crates having sharp points.
- No-tool assembly
- Two heavy-duty slide bolt latches for secure locking
- Stronger wire gauge steel for ultra-durability
If you’re looking for a sturdy and long-lasting cage, the ProSelect Empire Dog Cage is probably a good place to begin your search. It comes with removable casters for easy rolling of the cage. For dogs that like chewing at things, its metal construction will make it hard to chew.
- 20-gauge steel for extra durability and strength
- Strong dual latches for safely securing your dog
- Floor grate with tray for easy cleaning
Noz2Noz Soft-Krater Indoor and Outdoor Crates for Pets falls under the soft dog crate category. Its Couplers and push-button tabs allow you to set up as well as collapsed in only a matter of seconds. It features a lightweight design that supports portability.
- Available in five different sizes
- Heavy-duty tight-weave mesh fabric for additional durability
- Fully assembled dog crate
On the list as well as the fantastic Midwest Homes for Pets Exercise crate. This crate is a positive deviation from the norm. It is ideal for indoor and outdoor use. Its 24″ W x 30″ H dimensions and 16-square-foot enclosed space makes it roomy enough for your GSP to roam comfortably.
- Black E-coat finish for long-lasting protection
- Four thumb snaps provide for a no-tools assembly
- Eight ground anchors for outdoor use
Dog Crates for German Shorthaired Pointers Buyer’s Guide
Everyone wants a place they can call their own. If you’re particular about giving your adorable GSP the best of homes, keep an eye out for the following:
Your German Shorthaired Pointer is not the biggest breed out there, but he’s a big guy all the same. You want a crate that can comfortably fit your dog when it’s lying, standing or sitting. This would imply that a crate of about 42″- 48″ would do just fine. A 42″ – 48″ crate is still recommended for German Shorthaired Pointer puppies as they will eventually grow into it.
The size of your dog is also important. The height of an average-sized German Shorthaired Pointer falls typically within 21″ to 25″. And it can weigh as much as 47 to 70 lbs. As much as this stands true for most German Shorthaired Pointers, it’s advisable to measure your big guy before settling on a crate.
There are different types of dog crates available. I’ll advise you to choose a crate based on the temperament of your German Shorthaired Pointer. This should be relatively easy, as German Shorthaired Pointers usually aren’t a pain in the neck. Here’s a list of the most prominent dog crates available.
The soft dog crate is also another type. Its major strong points are ease of portability and lightweight construction.
There’s also the plastic dog crate. Also, they tend to get weaker more easily. A heavy-duty option of this crate might resolve those issues though. There’s the heavy-duty steel dog crate and heavy-duty aluminum dog crate. Both crates are ideal for escape artist dogs, as well as dogs that chew and scratch a lot.
This is very important. Before making a purchase decision, it is advisable to confirm the maximum weight of the crate. If your German Shorthaired Pointer weighs more than the crate, go for something else.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Best Puppy Food for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Best Dog Bed for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Best Dog Brush for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Best Dog Toys for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Best Dog Collar for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Best Dog Harness for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Best Dog Muzzle for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Best Dog Shampoo for German Shorthaired Pointers