Do you have a Goldendoodle who loathes their dog crate? Whether they give you trouble backing into it or if they don’t like the size, the dog product industry has a solution for you. Before you purchase a crate for your Goldendoodle, you should always measure them to be sure of buying a well fitting crate.
Below are the top five recommended dog crates for Goldendoodles, each one has a item summary to explain why you would want that product over other similar ones. At the end of the article will be a buying guide to give you extra information about the various types of dog crates on the market.
Best Dog Crates for Goldendoodles
Here are our Goldendoodle dog crate reviews.
The Midwest Homes Wire Dog Crate is made from the sturdiest metal wire to ensure a durable crate for your Goldendoodle. The crate is designed with a double door, giving those picky pooches who don’t like backing into crates another option. It is easy to assemble and to fold down when not in use.
- Sturdy metal makes the wire for the dog crate perfect for Goldendoodles
- Double door design allows your dog to choose where they want to enter
- Easy to assemble or fold down, great for storage space
The New World Crates Large Dog Crate comes in a single or double door design for your preference. The crate is foldable to optimize your storage space, making it great for smaller houses or apartments. It comes with a removable waste tray for your cleaning convenience after your Goldendoodle has been removed.
- Comes in one or two door design for your preference
- Foldable crate is perfect for owners with little space in the home
- Removable waste tray is great for cleaning time, perfect for potty training your Goldendoodle
The EliteField Soft Dog Crate is made with three doors to give your Goldendoodle their choice of where they would like to enter. The cover is sturdy and made for either indoor or outdoor use, perfect if your Goldendoodle is an outside dog or sleeps in the garage. The frame is made of a durable steel to craft the best possible dog crate.
- Three doors gives your Goldendoodle options as to how they want to load up
- Cover is sturdy, great for both indoor and outdoor uses
- Steel frame is durable and made to last
The AmazonBasics Soft Dog Crate is designed to be folded up and packed away when not in use, making it great for storage space. With the top opening, this crate is great for your Goldendoodle who doesn’t like to back into their crate. The frame is a sturdy PVC pipe with polyester fabric covering it for a durable dog crate.
- Foldable design is perfect for travel or storage needs
- Top opening is great for Goldendoodles who loathe backing into crates
- PVC pipe frame is added to the polyester fabric for a great dog crate
The SmithBuilt Hard Dog Crate is made with thick metal bars to ensure even the strongest and most determined Goldendoodles stay inside it. It comes with wheels you can attach to the cage for easy movability. The steel is rust and corrosion resistant for a long lasting and durable dog crate.
- Thick metal bars keep even the strongest breeds in
- Wheels make moving it easier, even if the Goldendoodle is inside it
- Rust and corrosion resistant steel material
Goldendoodle Dog Crate Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different dog crates that can work for Goldendoodles and each of them have their own set of features. Now that you have seen some of the options available to you, I will go over the various features and types of dog crates that are on the market.
Rust and Corrosion Resistant
If you own a metal dog crate this is always a good feature. A lot of Goldendoodles, especially if they are teething, will chew on the bars. The nasty infections and illness that can come from consuming rust are numerous and it is better to avoid the entirety of it with this feature.
Any owner of a Goldendoodle knows that your furry baby is heavy. Therefore moving their dog crate can be a challenge anytime they are in it. Having wheels that attach to the bottoms goes a long way in helping this. You can move the crate around your floor without the physical strain or the scratched floors.
Many Goldendoodles loathe loading into their crates, sometimes they just don’t like backing up while others dislike going in at all. Having a dog crate with multiple doors makes this easier. Your pup can choose which way they want to enter or if it has a top door you can simply lift them in.
If you live in an apartment or just a small house with little space, this feature is perfect for you. Having a dog crate that can fold down when your Goldendoodle isn’t using it is the greatest space saver there is for dog owners. It also makes travel easier, perfect for those who love going camping.
How many times have you opened a box of furniture and had to spend hours on setting it up, sometimes having to go back and reassemble something you did wrong or even missing parts or tools? Well with easy assembly dog crates this is no longer a problem. All tools and hardware are included and the set up is easy for your convenience.
Removable Waste Tray
While a removable waste tray isn’t a vital feature on your Goldendoodle’s dog crate, it is nice to have. If you’ve ever tried to clean the floor of a dog crate that doesn’t have a removable tray or anything similar you know how wonderful this feature is. Simply remove the tray, hose it off, put it back and you’re done!
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Food for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Bed for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Brush for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Toys for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Collar for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Harness for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Muzzle for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Shampoo for Goldendoodles