Largest of the Setter breed, purebred Gordon Setters are known for their hunting and tracking traits. These multi-talented breeds of dog rose to prominence back in the 19th century when it served as a royal dog for Scotland’s king. It is needless to say that Gordon Setters derive their unique name from that duke. Loyal and athletic Gordon Setters are found in many colors, starting from black and tan to dark red.
These protective Gordon Setters do not shine at all in staying apart from their immediate family, and it causes severe separation anxiety in them. That is why it would be best to lock your Gordon Setter in a comfortable dog crate with a toy so that it remains engaged playing with it while it is alone at home.
Best Dog Crates for Gordon Setters
Here are our dog crates for Gordon Setter reviews.
This ProSelect Empire Single Door Steel Dog Crate is one of the most sought after crates for your agile Gordon Setter. The crate is made of strong gauge steel, and that is why no matter how much your Sturdy Gordon Setter pushes it, the crate doesn’t break. The dual slide latches of the crate ensure that your Setter remains safe and sound inside it.
- It contains a slide tray made of steel that you can pull out.
- Added wheels on four sides of the crate help you to push it around the home with your dog inside it.
- The 41.25 inches largest one would be perfect for your Gordon Setter.
Specially engineered for medium-sized dogs, this MidWest Double Door Collapsible Wire Puppy Crate with Floor Grid would be an excellent choice for dog owners. This playpen is made of durable metal, and as a result, it can stand any weather extremities. This slightly elevated crate lets your Gordon Setter sit on relatively higher ground and helps it monitor everything from there.
- It comprises a leak-proof pan which facilitates the cleaning for you.
- The e-coat finish of the crate keeps it in a mint condition for multiple years.
- You can fold this rust-resistant crate flat for storing it conveniently.
This classy K&H Pet Products Classy Go 3-Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate is famous for its easy portability. The dog crate’s zippered lock makes it tricky for even intelligent Gordon Setter to figure out how to escape from it. You can install this patented dog crate in a flash without any help and extra tools.
- It arrives with a matching storage bag.
- You can wash its sleeping pad in the washing machine, and for other parts, it is recommended to hand wash it with cold water.
- It offers the customer a warranty for one long year.
This Frisco Heavy Duty Fold & Carry Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate & Mat Kit takes your Gordon Setter to cloud nine with comfort and pleasure. This castle-like crate has rounded corners that ensure that your Setter doesn’t get hurt while playing and jumping inside it. It features a removable divider panel, which makes more space in the crate as the dog grows.
- The secure lock system of the crate keeps you tension free while you are away.
- This unique crate also comprises adjustable handles.
- You can place this dog crate inside your car also.
This Lucky Dog Sliding Double Door Wire Dog Crate provides your Gordon Setter its own private room to curl up and play. The corner stabilizers of the dual entrance dog crate go a long way in refraining rattling. The dog crate’s rubber feet help your Gordon Setter stay put and prevent chances of an accident to some extent.
- The five varied sizes of the crate cover up to 33 inches in height.
- To make installing easy and fun, it comes with an instruction manual.
- It features a fleece pad floor mat with the crate.
Dog Crates For Gordon Setter Buyer’s Guide
The first Gordon Setter stepped in the United States of America in the year 1842, and since then, the breed is quite popular among American dog lovers. Obedient Gordon Setters serve excellently as the playing companion of kids, and they literally relish their time around little infants. Although these Gordon Setters are aggressive around unfriendly cats and dogs, they tolerate every single teasing caused by human babies with a big smile on their face. These dogs are eager to spend family time indoors. That is why little separation from their favorite person drives them crazy. That is why it is essential to train them to crate life from the early days of it.
Gordon Setters are mostly of height 25 inches. For some male Gordon Setters, the height reaches 27 inches. For this medium-sized dog, any dog crate with a height more than 28 inches would be spacious enough. Some crates feature a divider panel, which increases the space further inside on the removal of it.
Some bold and sturdy dogs are capable of chewing and pushing their way out from the crate. That is why it is important to go for steel crates and strong metal wired ones, which are known for their sturdiness and durability. If you are buying the crate for traveling purposes, go for the light-weighted ones. Make sure it has handles for carrying easily.
Like other dog products, crates are also of various types starting from elevated crates and furniture style crates to covered crates. Regular rectangular crates are always there apart from these special ones.
No matter what crate you buy, always make sure it should be spacious enough and well ventilated. In no case, your Gordon Setter should feel claustrophobic inside it. If you want, you can buy from the above-mentioned samples as they are all of very good quality.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Gordon Setters
- Best Puppy Food for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Bed for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Brush for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Toys for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Collar for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Harness for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Muzzle for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Shampoo for Gordon Setters
- Best Training Book for Gordon Setters