Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs or Sennenhunds originated first in the Swiss Alps in Europe. Originally, they were bred in the form of all-around pasture and farm dogs, where they used to guard the farms and barns, but in due course of time, they became famous throughout the world. They are powerful working dogs and are famous for being faithful, fun-loving and incredibly family-friendly.
Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs prefer their own abode in which they can relax following a tiring long day of playing and roaming around the house. This is one of the primary reasons why you need a good quality of dog crate for them. So, if you are planning to get the best crate for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, allow us to present the best suggestions for dog crates in front of you.
Best Dog Crates for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
Here are our dog crates for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs reviews.
Frisco comes with a new take on their dog crates with a collapsible soft-sided design. Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs are medium to large-sized dogs, and this crate fits them properly. Also, if you do not like the look and feel of a naked wired crate, this can be a good option for you.
- Created with premium-grade fabric materials, breathable and suitable for outdoor conditions.
- Constructed with reinforced steel frames making the structure rigid.
- Water-resistant and durable mesh panels with 3 doors enabling entry of your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog from 3 sides of the crate.
MidWest LifeStages Double Door Crate is the go-to crate if you want to get a crate for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog in which they can grow up. It is easily portable and lightweight for hassle-free travelling. With the unique design, the crate fits really well into small-sized rooms and cars as well.
- Made with ABS plastic handles which gives you an easy configuration to carry and fold.
- Comes with a heavy-duty unbreakable plastic pan. It is replaceable and can be removed easily for cleaning purposes.
- Includes a unique safety latch system which keeps your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog secure while travelling and decreases the chances of any injury.
Firstrax brings a new dimension in the world of dog crates with 3-door collapsible soft-sided dog crates which are lightweight and washable. Steel crates can become a hazard for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog if used for a long time. The Firstrax crate has soft padding above the steel structure that makes it safe for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.
- Completely water-resistant and comes with a mesh panels.
- Extra-secure design with rounded corners to protect the home decor.
- Setup process is really simple with supreme ventilation system.
Security and comfort are the two primary requirements for a dog crate, and EliteField 4-Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate focuses on these two aspects beautifully. One new feature of this crate is that it comes with curtains making the crate soundproof for a sound sleep of your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.
- Intelligent 4-door design with mesh linings for ample air passage.
- Created with lightweight steel, makes it travel friendly.
- Front and side door features zippers for locking which adds to the safety.
We all require an easy-foldable dog crate which can be travel friendly and easy to manage. To solve this purpose, Precision Pet has come up with their 4-Door Soft-Sided Collapsible Dog Crate. These are ideal for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs as they prefer wider and larger spaces to rest in.
- All sides of the crate contain doors for easy access.
- Can be quickly assembled and folded down for storage.
- Made with a durable clothing material which is trouble-free to clean and also water-resistant.
Dog Crate for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs Buyer’s Guide
Since the beginning of mankind, dogs have always been the best companion. They empathize in our grief and get happy when they find us around them; hence it becomes our duty to take care of these babies. When it comes to dog crates, you should always think from the perspective of comfort and security. Remember that the crate for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog will be their happy and cozy zone for years to come. They will spend a major chunk of the day here. That is why, before buying a crate you need to consider specific criteria which we will be discussing here;
This is the most vital point to consider before buying a crate for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog or for any other dog. In general, Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs prefer to stay in a wide and large space. Their length is around 28-30 inches; hence you should opt for medium to large-sized crates which are approximately 38-40 inches in length. It will also enable them to do some stretching inside the crate during long rides.
As mentioned previously, the comfort of your Swiss Mountain comes first before buying a product for them. The best crates that take care of this aspect are the padded ones which are designed in a way so that the steel framework cannot be felt from beneath the base. This will enable your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog to have a peaceful sleep and proper rest, avoiding any discomfort after a whole day of fun activities.
Safety is another major point that you need to look into before buying a crate for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. It is better to go for those crates which come with safety latches and rounded corners as these will keep them safe from injuries. The safety latches also make sure that there is no accidental opening of the crate during those long bumpy rides.
Easy-to-use is a priority for dog crates. In general, Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs do not prefer to sit at a place for long periods of time. They like to roam around the house or in the backyard. Having multiple entries or exit points to your dog crate makes it convenient for them to use it. Crates with 3-4 doors are the perfect choice in this case.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Puppy Food for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Training Book for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs