Calm and dignified Irish Wolfhounds are a serene member of the hound group. Amiable Irish Wolfhounds fall in the category of the tall breed of dogs. These rough and hard-coated wolfhounds earned international fame as fierce guard dogs with an indomitable instinct for wolf hunting. As there is mention of these gigantic dogs in ancient myths and legends, some dog breed enthusiasts claim these breeds to be centuries old.
If you own this Irish Wolfhound it is highly suggested not to leave it alone at home without a crate, as these dogs have a tendency to injure themselves. Even vets would recommend bringing home a large-sized crate to accommodate your Irish Wolfhound while you are away.
Best Dog Crates for Irish Wolfhounds
Here are our dog crates for Irish Wolfhounds reviews.
This MidWest Solutions Series XX-Large Heavy Duty Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate gives your large-sized Irish Wolfhound an extra 15 inches height so that it can jump in it whenever it wants. This 45-inch high crate is made of heavy-duty metal and if used delicately, it can last for a decade even. The slide bolt latches make the crate extra secure and safe for your powerful Irish Wolfhound.
- The large door configuration makes it easy for tall wolfhounds to enter it.
- This metal crate is pretty strong and sturdy.
- You can use non-abrasive cleaners to wash the crate.
This Frisco XX-Large Heavy Duty Double Door Wire Dog Crate, 54 inch, will serve the purpose of a training crate for your Irish Wolfhound. This well-constructed dog crate is available with a plastic-pan and divider panel. The protective electro coat saves the crate from heat and water.
- This crate is specially designed for large dogs weighing several pounds.
- This durable crate is pretty easy to clean because of its removable pan.
- Though it is pretty easy to install, Frisco has uploaded a video guiding you through the process.
The extra-large size of this Precision Pet Products Great Crate Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate would be perfect for accommodating your Irish Wolfhound. This heavy-duty crate gives your Wolfhound its very own personal bedroom with security measures. This training crate minimizes the destructive behavior of your Irish Wolfhound significantly.
- The corners are rounded, eliminating the chance of injury.
- A carrying handle is attached to the crate for easy transfers.
- The pan attached to the bottom is absolutely leak proof.
This strongest of all ProSelect Empire Single Door Steel Dog Crate makes it difficult for the witty Irish Wolfhounds to even escape the crate. Made of gauge steel, the crate features welding in some particular stress points for sturdiness and durability. The attached small wheels of the crate make it easy to move around the house.
- This flexible dog crate goes with any room interior.
- The largest size of the model is 41.25 inches height.
- This exceptional dog crate also keeps the inside well ventilated.
This green colored Firstrax Noz2Noz Sof-Krate N2 Series 3-Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate is ideal for outdoor use. The stylish crate is quite lightweight, and as a result, dog owners can carry it anywhere. Made of an extra strong steel frame, the crate solves the purpose of a summer house for your Irish Wolfhound.
- The zippered doors make it convenient for owners to open and close it.
- There is a water-resistant base attached to the crate’s bottom, which diminishes an accident’s chances.
- The mesh windows allow sunlight to come inside the crate.
Dog Crates For Irish Wolfhound Buyer’s Guide
Fast-paced Irish Wolfhounds are also called ‘Irish dogs’ or ‘ greyhounds of Ireland’. There is a mention of this gigantic Irish Wolfhound in ancient roman texts dating back to 391 AD. The keen sight and intimidating personality of the Irish Wolfhound make them suitable as a guarding dog. Though these dogs are intelligent and quick learners, it takes them around 18 months to attain maturity and emerge as a well-trained dog. Talking about training, a dog crate is a necessary instrument for its early training days. Here, we will mostly talk about a dog crate’s buying guidelines specific to a large Irish Wolfhound.
Though the crate’s height doesn’t matter that much to the small breeds, it is a big deal for large-sized dogs. There are only a few crates with a height of more than 31 inches in the market. The female Irish Wolfhounds are around 30 inches, whereas their male counterparts can grow more than 32 inches. So, it will be wisest to go for crates covering height up to 45 inches.
Types and materials
Everyone knows that there are furniture styled and covered crates in the market apart from the regular ones. The furniture style crates include good quality wood so that people can count them as pieces of furniture. On the other hand, the regular crates mostly use steel, other metal wires, and plastic for their configuration.
There are two evident purposes of buying a dog crate. The first one is obviously keeping the Irish Wolfhound safe and sound while the owners are away for important works. The other one is house training. Some breed experts count the crate training as an essential part of first-year training.
Your Irish Wolfhound is a one of a kind dog of hound group and considers your family as its own family during its short lifespan. You should take it through early crate training so that your neighbors don’t get any scope to complain about your loving Irish Wolfhound. So, buy a crate today and turn your wild Irish Wolfhound into a well-mannered family pet.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Training Book for Irish Wolfhounds