Your feisty Lakeland Terrier can be notoriously difficult to housetrain. This strong-willed pup is smart and does not like to be alone. So, a great crate is essential at an early age to help him get used to it. With some crate training, your Lakie will come to love his own personal space and will happily spend time in there whether you are home or not. Keep in mind that dogs should not be kept in a crate for long periods of time, especially when they are puppies.
Best Dog Crate for Lakeland Terriers
Here are our dog crate for Lakeland Terriers reviews.
1. Pet Gear “The Other Door” Double Door Dog Crate
Pet Gear “The Other Door” Double Door Dog Crate is a steel crate with rounded molded plastic for your pup’s safety and comfort. Your Lakeland Terrier will love the open space created by the unique wide side door, which opens like a garage door for a roomy, indoor option. This handy crate folds down easily for storage or mobility.
- Plush dog bed included
- Steel locks on front, side and top doors
- Storage bag, insulated base and wheels for travel
2. Frisco Fold & Carry Wire Dog Crate
The Frisco Fold & Carry Wire Dog Crate is a popular and economical choice of dog crate for your Lakeland Terrier. This standard metal crate folds down easily for storage and is available with one or two doors. Cozy sleeping pads and covers are available to create a relaxing environment.
- Optional divider and plastic pan included
- Two slide-bolt latches on each door
- Mini dividers to prevent small paws from slipping through
3. Merry Products Gate-n-Crate
The Merry Products Gate-n-Crate is designed to be used as a dog crate, gate or fence. This freestanding unit can be adjusted with its easy-to-use pin hinges. Your Lakeland Terrier will be comfortable and safe with this unique containment option, that can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Kiln-dried solid hardwood with walnut finish
- Panels can rotate 360 degrees for versatility
- Built-in handles for easy transport
4. Frisco 3-Door Soft-Sided Dog Crate
The Frisco 3-Door Soft-Sided Dog Crate is perfect to keep your Lakeland Terrier contained both indoors and on the go. This soft-sided crate features roll-up windows and ventilation on all sides. This comfortable option has three zippered doors for great versatility and access.
- Sturdy steel frame with durable fabric cover
- Water resistant base for outdoor use
- Cozy pet pad available separately
5. Petmate Top Load Dog Kennel
The Petmate Top Load Dog Kennel is a classic molded plastic crate with steel wire doors for indoor, outdoor and travel use. The handy top door allows easy access to your Lakie at all times. The secure latches on both doors ensure your feisty Lakeland Terrier stays contained and safe.
- Heavy duty ergonomic handle for transport
- Updated design with pearlescent colors
- Available in white, pink, blue and tan
Best Dog Crate for Lakeland Terriers Buyer’s Guide
Investing in a good quality crate for your Lakeland Terrier is important since this pup is known to be an escape artist and does not like to be alone. The key is to create a comfortable, relaxing environment that he will love to hang out in during his down time.
Housetraining your Lakie will take time and patience, but the right crate can go a long way to making this process a bit easier on the both of you. A crate should never be used as punishment, but rather as a training tool, since dogs do not like to eliminate where they sleep. Invest in a quality crate from the outset, and make sure it has all the features you need.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog crates for Lakeland Terriers so you can choose the right one for your dog. The following features are important to consider and will help you to choose the right dog crate for your Lakeland Terrier.
Materials & Style
Dog crates are usually made from durable molded plastic, fabric on a steel frame, wood or steel. The material you choose is ultimately a personal preference, but also depends on your Lakie’s personality. For example, he may enjoy the cozier environment of a soft-sided crate, or he may prefer the open style of a metal crate, so he does not miss out.
The crate you choose should have excellent ventilation, preferably on all sides, with a secure frame and lockable doors. You may also want to invest in a cozy sleeping pad and cover for bedtime.
If you plan to travel or take your dog in your car, a soft-sided carrier or plastic crate with a handle is most convenient. Consider the material as well if you will be crating your pup outside at any time. Removable pans are handy for accidents and spills, while divider panels can be used to adjust the size of the crate your pup grows.
The average adult Lakeland Terrier will measure about 13 to 14 inches in height, and about the same in length. Your pup will weigh between 15 to 17 pounds, on average. It’s important to choose a dog crate that is big enough and comfortable enough for your adult Lakie to stand up and turn around.
Measure your pup and add at least four inches in each direction to make sure it is roomy enough – usually a small or medium, depending on the brand. Do not go too big, as your Lakie could eliminate on one end and still sleep comfortable on the other. Always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on sizing.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Training Book for Lakeland Terriers