Best Dog Crate for Maltese
Here are our dog crate for Maltese reviews.
1. Noz2Noz Soft-Krater
The Noz2Noz Soft-Krater is a soft-sided crate that is suitable for indoor or outdoor use. This portable crate is perfect for at home or on the road. The heavy-duty, tight-weave mesh provides excellent durability and ventilation for your Maltese.
- Rounded corners protect your pup
- Convenient carrying handle for transport
- Machine washable cover on steel frame
2. 2PET Foldable Dog Crate
The 2PET Foldable Dog Crate is a convenient crate that you can use at home, outside or on the go. This soft-sided crate is durable and long-lasting with its strong steel tube frame and washable fabric cover.
- Includes plush fleece-covered bed pad
- Top handle converts crate to carrier
- Multiple large screened panels for ventilation
3. Choco Nose Small Dog Kennel
The Choco Nose Small Dog Kennel is a durable molded plastic kennel perfect for use at home or while travelling. This convenient top-load carrier provides a cozy and secure place for your Maltese to spend his leisure time.
- Plastic padded insert is easy to clean
- Ventilated top and sides
- Comes with no drip water bottle and non-skid food dish
4. Petmate Portable Pet Home
The Petmate Portable Pet Home is a cozy crate that is perfect for home or travel use. All four sides feature climate control window covers that can offer a secure feeling for your Maltese while ensuring adequate ventilation.
- Soft comfort pad included
- Zippered mesh roll-up door
- Heavy duty canvas construction
5. MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate
The MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate is an extra-small crate with a divider panel for adjusting as your Maltese puppy grows to maturity. This very popular basic crate folds down easily and has a carrying handle for portability.
- Roller feet to protect floors
- Leak-proof plastic tray for easy cleaning
- Available with one or two doors with slide-bolt latches
Dog Crate for Maltese Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a crate for your Maltese is important as you will likely need to use it at home and on the go. It needs to be lightweight and comfortable, but durable and secure. While at home, your Maltese will love having his own place to hang out and rest, and it will keep him safe and out of trouble while you are away. While there are a variety of styles on the market that will suit your little Maltese, take some time to make it cozy and appealing, no matter which one you choose. A special blanket or cushion will offer comfort and warmth. Also, keep in mind that Maltese do not like to be left alone for long periods of time, so try and limit the amount of time he spends in his crate.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog crates for Maltese on the market so you can choose the right one for your pup. The following features are considerations you should make and will help you to choose which features you need on a crate for your Maltese.
Size and Fit
It’s no surprise that your tiny Maltese will generally need a small or extra-small crate, depending on the brand. Your Maltese will grow to a maximum of 10 inches in height, about the same in length and weigh just six to eight pounds, at maturity. Be sure to add several inches in height to your crate’s dimensions so your pup can stand up and stretch comfortably. Don’t forget to consider the depth of your puppy pad, if you are adding one. A metal-style crate that is too large could be dangerous for your Maltese, as his tiny paws could become stuck if the bars are spaced too far apart. Some crates have convenient divider panels, which allow you to adjust the size of the crate as he grows.
Your Maltese will not likely break out of even the softest crate, but a good quality material is still essential for regular wear and tear. Soft-sided varieties should have a steel or steel-tube frame to ensure its shape is maintained. The cover should be water-resistant nylon or canvas and have quality zippers for security. Mesh panels are essential to ensure proper ventilation, ideally on all four sides. A standard metal crate will work as well, though it is less portable than a soft-sided crate with a handle. For metal crates, always place a soft cushion for a cozier, warmer feel. Finally, plastic travel crates can work well at home as well and are very convenient for car or airplane travel.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Maltese
- Best Puppy Food for Maltese
- Best Dog Shampoo for Maltese
- Best Dog Bed for Maltese
- Best Dog Brush for Maltese
- Best Dog Collar for Maltese
- Best Dog Muzzle for Maltese
- Best Dog Harness for Maltese
- Best Dog Training Book for Maltese
- Best Dog Toys for Maltese