Best Dog Crates for Miniature American Shepherds
Here are our dog crate for Miniature American Shepherds reviews.
1. Pet Gear “The Other Door” Steel Crate
The Pet Gear “The Other Door” Steel Crate is perfect for your Miniature American Shepherd as its unique design allows him to feel part of the action while contained in his crate. The unique wide side door opens like a garage for a roomy space to call his own. This rounded molded plastic crate has a steel frame for your pup’s security.
- Plush bed included
- Steel locks on front, side and top doors
- Storage bag, insulated base and wheels for travel
2. MidWest LifeStages Wire Dog Crate
The MidWest LifeStages Wire Dog Crate is a popular, economical choice for your Miniature American Shepherd. This standard metal crate is available with one or two doors and comes with a divider panel to adjust as your pup grows. Make it cozy with a sleeping pad and cover, sold separately.
- Composite plastic pan for easy clean up
- Two slide-bolt latches on each door
- Collapsible for easy storage and mobility
3. Furhaven Pet Dog Bed Furniture
The Furhaven Pet Dog Bed Furniture is a secure dog crate that doubles as furniture for a seamless look in your home. Your Miniature American Shepherd will love the cozy feel inside this den-like crate. This secure and stylish crate is available in several colors to match your décor and personal taste.
- Lockable door latch with magnetic catch
- Can be used as an end, side or night table
- Four-way viewing and ventilated sides
4. Frisco 3-Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate
The Frisco 3-Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate is a convenient option for your indoor, outdoor and travel crate needs. Your Mini American Shepherd will be comfortable and secure in this cozy fabric covered crate with steel tube construction. Roll-up windows provide excellent ventilation and visibility.
- Water resistant base
- Three lockable zip doors with mesh windows
- Easy to fold design for portability
5. Petmate Top Load Dog Kennel
The Petmate Top Load Dog Kennel has two convenient doors to easily access your Miniature American Shepherd anytime, whether at home or on the road. The molded plastic and steel wire construction provides a safe and secure place for your pup. This crate has excellent ventilation on all sides, and secure steel doors.
- Modern pearlescent and metallic colors
- Latches on top and front doors
- Heavy duty ergonomic handle
Dog Crate for Miniature American Shepherds Buyer’s Guide
Whether you are looking for a crate to take on the road or one to have in your home, choosing a good crate for your Miniature American Shepherd is important. Your pup will likely want a cozy space where he can feel secure when he is alone. Crates can range in price depending on the style and materials you choose. From standard metal crates to stylish pieces of furniture, you can make any crate comfortable and safe for your Mini American Shepherd with the right planning and accessories. Keep in mind that crates should never be used as punishment, and it is not recommended to leave your pup in his crate for extended periods of time.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog crates for Miniature American Shepherds so you can choose the right one for your dog. The following features are important to consider and will help you to choose the right dog crate for your Miniature American Shepherd.
Gone are the days where plastic crates were the only option on the market. These days, crates come in a variety of styles and designs. Your Miniature American Shepherd can be comfortable in either a standard metal crate, a soft-sided crate with steel tube construction or even a wooden end table crate. For travel, the molded plastic crates are still best, but always check with your airline if you are planning air travel. Make sure the crate has a secure locking mechanism, a plastic pan for accidents or spills and excellent ventilation for your double-coated MAS. To make it cozy, consider a light cover that still allows for adequate ventilation and a soft sleeping pad for comfort. Add a chew toy and some treats and your pup will love his new doggie den.
If you are buying a crate while your Miniature American Shepherd is still a puppy, consider a crate with a divider panel that can be adjusted as your pup grows. Your full-size MAS will measure up to 18 inches tall and can weigh between 20 to 40 pounds. Measure your pup from nose to base of tail and toes to shoulder and add at least four inches in each direction to allow for comfortable mobility. Do not choose a crate that is too large, as he could eliminate on one end and still sleep on the other. Always check the sizing recommendations from the manufacturer.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Puppy Food for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Training Book for Miniature American Shepherds