Best Dog Crate for Miniature Schnauzers
Here are our dog crate for Miniature Schnauzers reviews.
Pet Gear “The Other Door” Steel Crate is a rounded molded plastic crate with a steel frame for your Miniature Schnauzer’s security. The unique wide side door opens like a garage for a roomy, indoor doggie cave option.
- Plush bed included
- Steel locks on front, side and top doors
- Storage bag, insulated base and wheels for travel
The Furhaven Pet Dog Bed Furniture is a secure dog crate that doubles as furniture for a seamless look in your home. This secure and stylish crate is available in several colors to match your décor and personal taste.
- Lockable door latch with magnetic catch
- Can be used as an end, side or night table
- Four-way viewing and ventilated sides
The EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate is a great alternative to the standard metal or plastic crate. This comfortable option features a fabric cover with roll-up windows and steel tube frame.
- Fleece bed included
- Weather resistant for outdoor use
- Available in multiple colors
AmazonBasics Folding Metal Dog Crate is a popular and economical choice of dog crate for your Miniature Schnauzer. This standard metal crate is available with one or two doors.
- Optional divider and plastic pan included
- Two slide-bolt latches on each door
- Mini dividers to prevent small paws from slipping through
The Aspen 2-Door Training Crate is a strong, welded steel constructed crate, perfect for house training or behavioral training. The front or side door access provides versatility of placement in your home.
- Foldable and portable
- Secure double latch for easy in an out access
- Available in pink or blue
Best Dog Crate for Miniature Schnauzers Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a good quality crate for your Miniature Schnauzer is important, since it’s going to give him a special place that is just for him. It needs to be cozy and comfortable, as well as safe and secure. If you will be out of your home for extended periods, having your Miniature Schnauzer in a crate will help keep him out of trouble while you are away. Crates should not be used as punishment, but rather as a safe place for your pup to sleep and relax in. When housetraining, ensure the crate is not so large that your Miniature Schnauzer can eliminate on one end and sleep in another. If you are beginning crate training with a puppy, consider an adjustable panel that can be extended as your puppy grows.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog crates for Miniature Schnauzers so you can choose the right one for your dog. The following features are important to consider and will help you to choose the right dog crate for your Miniature Schnauzer.
In the past, most crates were either standard metal crates or plastic crates for travel. While those still exist, and are great choices for some, there are many other options on the market today worth checking out. Soft-sided crates are perfect for your small pup and provide the security and ventilation of other styles. These crates usually have a nylon cover over a steel or PVC frame. Ensure there is plenty of ventilation by way of mesh windows, and a lockable door. Crates are also now available in wood and furniture-style options, that allow you to make the crate a part of your home décor. Other accessories you may need are a soft comfort pad, a cover for privacy and a removable pan for accidents.
The average adult Miniature Schnauzer measures up to 14 inches tall and weighs up to 18 pounds. When choosing a crate, this will likely mean a small size, but always check the sizing recommendations from the manufacturer. Your Miniature Schnauzer should have plenty of space to stand up and move around and stretch out. Measure your pup and add three to four inches in each direction for a good fit. A crate with dimensions around 20 inches wide, 30 inches long and at least 18 inches in height is a good guideline for your Miniature Schnauzer’s crate.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Puppy Food for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Dog Bed for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Dog Brush for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Dog Toys for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Dog Collar for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Dog Harness for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Miniature Schnauzers
- Best Training Book for Miniature Schnauzers