Old English Sheepdogs are highly active pets and are known for their agility. These dogs love having a dynamic lifestyle and love it, even more when they are the center of attention. However, this is a matter of the fact that you can not be around your pet babies round the clock. To give them a feeling of safety and security in such conditions, it is better to buy a sweet dog crate for them.
We have seen that pet parents find it quite challenging to make the right choice for these massive weight dogs. So, we decided to help you make the right choice for your Old English Sheepdogs.
Best Dog Crates for Old English Sheepdogs
Here are our dog crates for Old English Sheepdogs reviews.
1. Precision Pet Products Great Crate
Precision Pet Products Great Crate has been specifically designed for dogs like Old English Sheepdog. This heavy-duty dog crate has a robust structure with electro-coated wires, which promises its durability and longevity. The edges have been specially designed to be rounded to make them harmless and eliminate any injuries.
- Features double doors to make movement easier
- Well-ventilated, so your Old English Sheepdog does not feel suffocated
- Has thicker and heavier wire gauges
2. MidWest Ultima Pro Dog Crate
MidWest Ultima Pro Dog Crate has been constructed to optimize your pet pal’s security and comfort. To make it a durable and reliable choice for your Old English Sheepdog, this dog crate is designed to have a tight mesh webbing and heavy gauges that ensure the crate can be used for a more extended period. To further enhance this crate’s durability, MidWest has also added divider panels, which can be placed from time to time to change the size of the crate as per your demand.
- Constructed using a durable metal
- Extremely portable and can be folded for safekeeping when necessary
- Features an ultra-strong crate design
3. Frisco Fold and Carry Heavy Duty Dog Crate
Frisco Fold and Carry Heavy Duty Dog Crate are constructed in the best possible way to optimize your Old English Sheepdog’s protection and security. The crate has double doors, each of which is securely latched using a dual latch system. Therefore, an Old English Sheepdog usually feels relatively safe when he is in this crate.
- Features rounded corners to avoid injury
- Comes with divider panels
- Features a sturdy plastic base tray that can be removed for cleaning
4. Lucky Dog Sliding Door Dog Crate
Lucky Dog Sliding Door Dog Crate is uniquely constructed to have a sliding door design, making it convenient for you to manage the crate. Lucky Dog has also added corner stabilizers, making it impossible for the crate to rattle even if your Old English Sheepdog is moving inside his crate. The presence of a leak-proof base pan makes the crate more manageable and prevents creating a mess.
- The removable base tray that can be slid out to clean whenever you feel like
- Features rubber feet to minimize the chances of spoiling your floor
- Features double doors to add more flexibility
5. Zampa Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate
Zampa Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate has a single, robust steel structure covered using a durable cover that can be washed if the crate gets too dirty after several outdoor trips. Since the crate is too lightweight, you can conveniently carry it wherever you wish.
- Available in several sizes
- Comes with windows for ventilation
- Has double doors
Dog Crates for Old English Sheepdog
Although Old English Sheepdogs are around 21-23 inches tall, which is a medium height, these dogs weight quite a lot, as they can weigh up to 90 pounds. Pet parents often find a lot of difficulty in choosing the right crate due to this reason. A crate helps you with several tasks, and keeping good care of your pet pal when you are not around is just one. They can also be used to train your Old English Sheepdog. They are also the best choice if your Old English Sheepdog is suffering through separation anxiety, and you wish to treat them. Keeping all these great uses in mind, we can say that the crates are of great use, but their output can only be optimized if you buy the right one.
To buy the right crate, you have to evaluate certain factors that define a crate’s authenticity for your Old English Sheepdog. We did the same, and to help you work accordingly, we have reviewed those factors in our buyer’s guide. We hope that reading those factors will be of great help to you.
It is pretty important to check the size of the crate before buying it. It should be large enough for your Old English Sheepdog to relax and stretch. You should also keep their heavyweight in your mind while making this choice. Along with that, the length and height of your Old English Sheepdog must also be checked. After evaluating all the essential factors, typically, a 48-inch crate is preferable for these dogs.
There are several types of crates available in the market, the most prominent types which you might also have heard about, are furniture style crates, Soft-Sided crates, and wire dog crates. Out of all these crates, wire dog crates are the sturdiest and the most affordable choice for you. We did not discuss Furniture style crates in our reviews because these crates are usually quite expensive and are not portable, so a pet parent with an average budget will not get many benefits from them. These fancy crates can also not be used for crate training sessions and are only suitable for well-trained Old English Sheepdogs. A Soft-Sided crate can be used for these dogs, but a wire dog crate is the sturdiest and most portable.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Puppy Food for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Bed for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Brush for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Toys for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Collar for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Harness for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Old English Sheepdogs
- Best Training Book for Old English Sheepdogs