Portuguese Podengos are smart and alert pet pals who are great as watchdogs as well as sighthounds. These pet pals would love to have an active lifestyle and like spending time with their pet parents. However, Portuguese Podengos will need some space, which makes them have their paw-sonal time. A dog crate is ideal for such occasions.
We know that you are searching for the right dog crate for your Portuguese Podengo; that’s why you are here. We are happy to inform you that we have reviewed some of the best crates for you here, so you should read further to enlighten yourself.
Best Dog Crates for Portuguese Podengos
Here are our dog crates for Portuguese Podengos reviews.
Precision Pet Products Provalu Dog Crate has been constructed especially for dogs like Portuguese Podengos, which might be challenging to be controlled when you are not around. This sturdy crate is designed to have steel wires which are electro-coated for enhanced durability.
- Has a rigid plastic tray to form its base, which can be removed for cleaning
- Has divider panel included
- Has blunt edges to avoid any potential injuries
Frisco Heavy Duty Dog Crate can be selected for your Portuguese Podengo. This dog crate is built to last longer, as it has a rigid structure. The steel wires of this crate are electro-coated to ensure that they do not catch rust with time. Overall, this crate is quite tough for any weather changes and can be used for indoor as well as outdoor uses.
- Has a divider panel for adjusting the size
- The base tray is removable for easier cleaning.
- Has a carrying handle for better portability
Paws & Pals Oxgord Dog Crate is constructed to provide a safe abode to your Portuguese Podengo. You can consider this wire dog crate for the house training sessions of your Portuguese Podengo, and it also plays a major role in safeguarding your pet pal.
- The crate is well-welded to avoid it from breaking with minimal pressure.
- Has a removable divider panel for adjusting the size of the crate
- Features a simple set up
Go Pet Club Soft-Sided Dog Crate has been created for those Portuguese Podengos who love living in a softer corner rather than a wired dog crate. This dog crate is designed to have a softer interior with PVC backing and a heavy-duty polyester.
- Can conveniently be folded if you wish to carry them on a trip
- Has a well-ventilated structure
- Has a fleece floor pad
Merry Products Furniture Style Dog Crate is a beautifully crafted dog crate that would rest perfectly in your lounge, making it look more aesthetic. This dog crate can be used for your Portuguese Podengo, as it has three doors, which provides greater mobility to your pet pal.
- Made using a high-quality wood
- Has sturdy steel wires on each door
- Its top surface camber is used for placing your teacup or books even.
Dog Crate for Portuguese Podengos Buyer’s Guide
Portuguese Podengos are naturally sighthounds, so they are pretty active and agile. It becomes really tough to control such dogs, as they have a greater adrenalin rush and can get startled with nearly anything when you are not around. So, it is better to keep them in a crate when you are not around. This is better for their safety as well as the safety of other pets. A dog crate helps you train your Portuguese Podengo how to live in a house and also helps in regulating his activities. This is a great tool for controlling your Portuguese Podengo if he has faced separation anxiety.
All of this is only achieved when the crate which you are buying is complementing the essential features that are to be there in a crate. We have reviewed those aspects in our buyer’s guide to give you a better idea. So, we advise you to read ahead and explore them.
The crate size matters a lot when you are selecting one for your Portuguese Podengo. Portuguese Podengos are known to lie in three different breed size categories, so it is better to measure them before buying a crate for them. To aptly measure a Portuguese Podengo, you should take their height’s measurement from the tip of their pointed ear till their feet and their length’s measurements by taking a reading from the tip of their nose till the bottom of their tail. To provide them a little room for movement, it is better to add at least 2-4 inches in these readings.
Type & Price
You would have seen several dog crates that circulate in the market. The most common ones are soft-sided crates, wire dog crates, and furniture style dog crates. The furniture style is the most expensive one among all. This dog crate is ideal in only those conditions when you are in search of a crate that is aesthetic, and when your Portuguese Podengo is not likely to move out much.
A wire dog crate is comparatively least expensive and is designed for those Portuguese Podengos, which ha e a much dynamic lifestyle, especially those which are in their puppyhood or adulthood. Such crates are great for housetraining and behavioral monitoring as well. A Soft-Sided crate is a mediocre one between the two and can be selected if you are planning to give a soft corner to your Portuguese Podengo during camping or picnic trips.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Puppy Food for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Dog Bed for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Dog Brush for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Dog Toys for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Dog Collar for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Dog Harness for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Dog Muzzle for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Dog Shampoo for Portuguese Podengos
- Best Training Book for Portuguese Podengos