Originating as a farm dog, Rat Terrier derives its name from those ancient days when it used to serve the purpose of rat-baiting. Rat Terrier is a rare American dog breed that fits pretty well as a family pet and watchdog. Although Rat Terrier is the calmest of the Terrier breed, it is quite inquisitive and energetic.
As you are reading about this breed, you must have a little Rat Terrier at your home. But are you worried about how to train it after that? Buy a dog crate so that you can prevent your Rat Terrier from chewing all your furniture.
Best Dog Crates for Rat Terriers
Here are our dog crates for Rat Terriers reviews.
This Frisco & Carry single door collapsible wire dog crate is an exceptional option for your Rat Terrier. The dog crate comes with divider panel to expand it later when the dog grows. For the comfort of your Rat Terrier, there is a base pan attached to the crate’s bottom.
- The crate is quite easy to install.
- It comes with a secure lock system that facilitates your travelling with Rat Terrier.
- This long-lasting crate is also very easy to clean.
MidWest iCrate Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate comes in a variety of sizes. This portable dog crate comes with all necessary features, and it is quite easy to clean with water. This unique dog crate arrives on your doorstep with a 1-year warranty.
- It comes with a divider panel, handle, roller feet made of rubber, and dog tray.
- This metal crate is pretty sturdy.
- It also has a folding option in it.
This Paws & Pals Oxgord Double door collapsible wire dog crate is a wise choice for dog parents. This crate keeps you tension free while you are away and also helps the dog in training. This durable dog crate is very easy to install, and there is a folding option to fit it anywhere.
- A removable divider panel comes with the dog crate. As the dog grows, you can adjust the space inside the crate according to its need.
- There is an electric coating all over the crate. Other than this, the crate is made of stainless steel.
- There are two doors in the crate. One is in the front and the other in the back.
Take your Rat Terrier’s breath away with Precision Pet Products Great Crate Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate. This private bedroom is not only safe but also prevents it from engaging in destructive behaviors. It comes with a rounded corner so that your Rat Terrier doesn’t get hurt while playing with you.
- The crate makes a passage for air to flow. It keeps the sweat away from your Terrier.
- This dog crate is not only easy to clean but also can be stored in any place.
- Available in various sizes.
This Firstrax Noz2Noz Sof-Krate N2 Series 3-Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate is a perfect choice for dog owners. The dog crate remains perfectly ventilated all the time. There is a sturdy steel frame all around the crate.
- It only takes a few seconds to install the dog crate.
- It comes with multiple doors. There are top, side, and front doors to this crate.
- Lightweight and durable
Dog Crates For Rat Terrier Buyer’s Guide
If you have a Rat Terrier at your home, it must be dear to your heart for its loyal and playful nature. But do you know these dogs come with a hunting instinct? Whenever they see a cat, mouse, lizard at your home, they chase after it until it catches the poor animal. These kinds of activities leave everything at sixes and sevens at your home. So, it is mandatory to take your Rat Terriers through proper behavioral training when you adopt it. It makes a dog crate the item of utmost importance.
Before you place an order and burn a hole in your pocket, measure your Rat Terrier’s height & width. A dog crate is more like a bedroom to dogs, so it should be of such a size so that the Terrier can jump and stretch inside the crate. As Rat Terriers are of height 10 inches to 11 inches, any dog crate with 15 inches height would be good enough.
Apart from this, these days, crates come with a divider panel. As a result, you can adjust the crate according to the size of the dog. You can remove this panel whenever you want.
The safety of your Rat Terrier should be your prime concern. That is why sellers bring to market round corner crates and secure locks. A safe and secure dog crate keeps your little Rat Terrier and your expensive furniture safe and sound. As it is made of metal rods, broken pieces of the crate can injure your Terrier. So, always keep a check on it.
Dog crates are made of plastic, metal wires, stainless steel, etc. Most of the dog parents go for metal wire dog crates as it is not only strong but also lasts long. On the other hand, plastic ones are lightweight and easy to carry when you are out with your Rat Terrier. Whatever is the material, it should be comfortable for your little Rat Terrier. There should be enough air passages inside the crate so that your Terrier doesn’t feel suffocated.
Go through the above tips and tricks and make a wise choice.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Rat Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Rat Terriers
- Best Training Book for Rat Terriers