Best Dog Crates for Saint Bernards
Here are our reviews for the best dog crates for Saint Bernards.
1. KELIXU Heavy Duty Dog Crate
When KELIXU states that their crates are heavy duty, they’re not playing around. This crate is perfect for heavier dogs, and is on wheels, which lock, making it easy to transport if needed. While the crate is touted for aggressive or destructive dogs, which Saint Bernards aren’t, we still feel that due to the size of Saints that this is a perfect option.
- Double removable pans under the crate to allow for cleaning without removing dog
- A door within a door allows for access to cage without fear of dog escaping
- Optimal view and ventilation
2. Petsfit Travel Pet Home Soft Dog Crate
The Petsfit Travel Pet Home is not just for travel, it works great as a home crate for your Saint Bernard as well and can be used inside and out. The crate includes a removable pad, which is machine washable, which will help keep your dog warm in the winter, and by removing it the nylon bottom will help keep them cool in summer. The front, top, and one of the sides has a mesh screen which rolls open to allow access.
- Patented frame design
- Folds flat for easy storage and transport
- Non-slip foot mat on bottom corners
3. MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate
MidWest Homes is a great option for a dog crate, no matter what breed you’re looking for, but we’re specifically interested in their largest version, which is perfect for your Saint Bernard. The crate comes with a divider that you can use if you get your Saint Bernard while they are still a puppy, and they can grow into the crate over time. Each MidWest dog crate comes with patented rounded side clips to eliminate sharp edges, and roller feet to protect your floors from scrapes.
- Single door with side bolt latch
- Folds flat for easy storage and transport
- Set up in seconds with no tools required
4. ProSelect Easy Dog Crate
ProSelect’s Easy Dog Crate are lightweight, however they were specifically built for large dogs, such as Saint Bernards. And, unlike the other wire crates, you have your choice of color in black, blue, or pink so you can match your Saint Bernard’s style, or your home décor. These crates are single-door crates with dual latches to ensure your Saint Bernard stays safely inside.
- 360-degree visibility and fresh air for your dog
- Easily folds down for travel and storage
- Removable bottom pan included
5. Guardian Gear Collapsible Dog Crate
The Guardian Gear’s collapsible crate is another soft-sided dog crate, which are great for easy going dogs like Saint Bernards. This crate is perfect indoors and outdoors and includes a faux sheepskin mat (which is machine washable), a carrying case, and ground stakes. With large, mesh windows on four sides, your Saint Bernard will be able to see all the action while also getting optimal ventilation.
- Assembles and breaks down easily, with no tools required
- Water resistant
- Lifetime guarantee
Dog Crates for Saint Bernards Buyer’s Guide
With many different styles and options for dog crates, our buying guide reviews the best dog crate for your Saint Bernard on the market.
Most crates for the Saint Bernard are metal framed as they are able to handle the extra weight. The wire frame crates are made of steel except for the removable plastic bottom tray. The soft side crates are built with durable fabric and mesh for the outsides, while the frames are steel and pvc. One very important thing to keep in mind when looking at materials, is to ensure that they are easy to clean.
Four of the five crates we looked at can be folded down for travel and storage. Though, due to the size of Saint Bernards, we wouldn’t recommend transporting the crates with the dogs inside. The KELIXU however is a great option if you need to transport your Saint Bernard, as it is on wheels, so you won’t need to lift it, and possibly cause injury to you and your dog.
Crates come in all different sizes, as do dogs. However, when looking for a perfect dog crate for a Saint Bernard, you need to account for their weigh in addition to their height. Some crates are large enough for Saint Bernards, but are not rated for the amount of weight of one, so be sure to check the maximum weight allowance.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Saint Bernards
- Best Puppy Food for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Bed for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Brush for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Toys for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Collar for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Harness for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Muzzle for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Shampoo for Saint Bernards
- Best Training Book for Saint Bernards