The Scottish Terriers are among the active dogs who love play and dig. These doggies like staying in yards for longer hours, and are willing to welcome new challenges in their life. After a long working day, the Scottish Terrier requires a safe and secure corner where they can relax in peace. This is usually a dog crate and is used to keep your Scottish Terrier protected and safe even when you are not around.
Are you excited to know more about some of the most suitable dog crates for your Scottish Terrier? Well, we have shared their reviews, so have fun reading them and making up your mind.
Best Dog Crates for Scottish Terriers
Here are our dog crates for Scottish Terriers reviews.
1. Frisco Fold and Carry Double Door Wire Crate
Frisco Fold and Carry Double Door Wire Crate is one of the best dog crates you can get for your Scottish Terrier with its sturdy design and a robust structure, this dog crate makes it easier for you to carry out crate training sessions fluently. The wires used in this dog crate have been electro-coated to enhance its durability, and the presence of an efficient latch in both doors ensures that your Scottie stays safe.
- Comes with a removable plastic base tray that can be cleaned with ease
- Can be assembled easily
- Features a portable design
2. MidWest iCrate Fold and Carry Single Door Crate
MidWest iCrate is another example of elegance and durability. It provides a safe, secure, and ventilated abode to your Scottish Terrier, where he would love to spend his time napping and relaxing. This crate contains divider panels, making it possible for you to use it for the long term by changing the space that you provide to your doggie as he grows.
- Contains a convoluted plastic base tray
- Features a securely latched system
- Features a carrying handle to enhance portability
3. EliteField 3-Door Soft-Sided Crate
If you were looking for a unique dog crate for your picnic trips with your Scottish Terrier, EliteField 3-Door Crate is an apt choice. This dog crate has a robust steel structure covered with waterproof polyester fabric and hex mesh windows, making it easier for your Scottish Terrier to breath, and also allows you to check out your pet when you feel like.
- Features three zippered doors to make movement easier
4. Petmate Compass Dog Kennel
Petmate Compass Dog Kennel can be a viable option for your Scottish Terrier if he weighs at most 20 pounds. This dog crate has been efficiently designed using plastic and steel. The crate features a unique 2-way door design that opens both, which has been safeguarded with door bars at bottom and top.
- Features a single door
- A viable option for training your Scottie
- The most suitable choice for safe travels
5. Pet Gear The Other Door Double Door Dog Crate
If you were looking for a convenient and portable dog crate for your Scottish Terrier, Pet Gear has done a reasonable level of justice in making a crate like that. This dog crate features three doors, including one on each side and one garage door. You can easily place this crate at any corner of your house due to its portable and straightforward design.
- Features built-in wheels
- Features a removable fleece pad that is soft and warm enough to keep your doggie happy
- Comes with a carrying bag to ease transportation
Dog Crate for Scottish Terrier Buyer’s Guide
A Scottish Terrier may roam around all day but need a well-protected area to relax. They like resting in a secure place that is properly latched. You can say that this is due to their desire to live in a den-like environment like any other dog. A crate is also significant in guarding your Scottish Terrier if you plan to leave him alone for a couple of hours. There are a couple of things that you need to check in a dog crate before you buy it.
We reviewed those dog crates that go well along with the resting requirements of a Sottish Terrier. To make you understand our choices in a much better way, we have shared our buyer’s guide with you. This guide will also help you in purchasing a new dog crate for your Scottish Terrier.
To buy a dog crate that is of the right size, it is better to take the right measurements of your Scottish Terrier first. You must measure their height and their length to get the perfect dog crate. For this purpose, you may use a soft cloth measuring tape. You should ensure that your Scottish Terrier is standing on level ground when you are taking these readings. If you buy a crate that is too large, thinking that it will be relaxing for your Scottish Terrier, you are wrong. A crate that is too large will have greater gaps between wires, so your Scottish Terriers’ chances of getting stuck between them would be more.
It is always better to go for a wire dog crate, as this crate helps a lot during crate training sessions. You should check if the edges of this crate are blunt, as that ensures that your Scottish Terrier will not get hurt if it is kept in it. Overall, the wire crates are more apt and durable options for Scottish Terriers.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Scottish Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Scottish Terriers
- Best Training Book for Scottish Terriers