Highly sensitive Shetland Sheepdogs are known for their extraordinary companionship and innate friendliness towards every life form. It is quite evident that Shetland Sheepdogs derive their name from Scotland’s Shetland Islands, where they appeared for the first time. Earlier, these active Sheepdogs used to protect the farmland on behalf of the farmers keeping birds and other animals at bay.
Nowadays, shelties are popular among Americans for the ability to serve as a family pet and housedog. Though these intelligent dogs enjoy their role as a playing companion a lot, it is not the wisest decision to leave your Shetland Sheepdog free at home all by itself. That is why you should buy a dog crate so that you can take it with you wherever you go and securely lock the crate when it is alone at home.
Best Dog Crates for Shetland Sheepdogs
Here are our dog crates for Shetland Sheepdogs reviews.
This Precision Pet Products Provalu Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate provides your Shetland Sheepdog its very own private place where it can stay comfortably while you are away. This uniquely designed crate comes with a removable pan attached to the crate’s bottom part to facilitate the cleaning process for you. This rust-resistant crate is made of high-quality wires, and that is why it can last for several years.
- There isn’t any sharp edge or corner which can hurt your Shetland Sheepdog.
- It has electro-coating on the outer part of the crate.
- The divider panel helps you adjust the space according to its growth level.
As Shetland Sheepdogs do not exceed the height of 16 inches, all six sizes of this Frisco Fold & Carry Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate will be apt for it. You can introduce an incredibly soft floor pad in the crate to give your Sheepdog a comfortable yet castle-like feeling. It is very effortless to clean as it will require a bucket full of water and a mild non-toxic detergent.
- The attached handle allows you to carry it wherever you go.
- When your Sheepdog outgrows this crate, you can simply fold it and store it anywhere at your home.
- The secure lock system of the crate helps you stay worry-free.
This MidWest iCrate Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate is available in seven different sizes that cover heights between 14 inches and 33 inches. Made of strong and sturdy metal, this crate comprises slide-bolt latches to keep your Shetland Sheepdog safe and sound. The lightweight of the crate helps you place it on the car and carry it conveniently.
- Apart from the handle, pan and divider panel, it features four rubber feet to help it stay put.
- This thoughtful crate comes with a warranty of one year.
- It stays well ventilated all year round.
This uniquely designed Petmate Single Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate, Dark Taupe/Coffee Grounds Brown lets your Shetland Sheepdog enjoy a homely atmosphere. To install this product you won’t need any extra hand or tools at all. Unlike other crates, it has storage options on all four sides of the crate that you can fill with dog items.
- It features a zippered door made of mesh.
- The crate has a comfortable foam pad, which helps the Sheepdog fall asleep fast.
- You can roll up the curtains according to your will with the help of hooks.
This Zampa Double Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate is one of the most sought after crates among dog owners of small-sized breeds like Shetland Sheepdog. This covered crate is made of soft washable fabric, which allows plenty of light inside the crate. This entire crate is made of a steel frame, and that is why it is pretty durable.
- Ample area of the floor allows your Shetland Sheepdog to sleep on it in any position.
- This unique crate is available in beige and gray colors.
- It gives you an option to permanently place toys inside to help it get habituated with the crate life.
Dog Crates For Shetland Sheepdogs Buyer’s Guide
Some dog lovers think of dog crates as just an instrument to lock dogs while they aren’t at home. But there’s more to it. A crate is also widely used to take dogs through house training and other socialization training. A crate also keeps your Shetland Sheepdog at bay from destructive activities and undesirable behaviors. That is why, according to vets, it is wise to help dogs get accustomed to crate life from their early days. Here are a few tips and tricks to direct you to the right dog crate.
Shetland Sheepdogs are known as toy dogs for their little size. These cute yet attractive dogs hardly cross the height of 15 inches. Most of them are between 13 inches and 16 inches. As the dog crate’s smallest size starts from 13.5 inches, it can safely be said that literally, every size will suit your tiny Shetland Sheepdog. Still, it is recommended to measure your dog in a sitting and standing position before you spend a dear amount on its crate. Always take a size bigger than its original size as the dog will jump and play inside the crate. It should not get hurt in the process.
Maximum customers buy metal crates, steel-framed ones and wired crates for durability and sturdiness. Whereas plastic crates and fabric ones are famous for their portability and lightweight.
Before placing an order, make sure whether the crate has a removable leak-proof tray or not. It makes cleaning easier for caregivers. Other than the tray, there should also be a divider panel, curtain cover, and rubber foot. Some dog parents also look for crates so that they can fit toys inside it permanently to keep the dog busy for longer hours while inside the crate.
So, go through these suggestions and let us know if your Shetland Sheepdog likes the crate you bought for it.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Gates
- Best Dog Food for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Puppy Food for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Bed for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Brush for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Toys for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Collar for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Harness for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Training Book for Shetland Sheepdogs